People in alpha, what's your opinion on BM?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: People in alpha, what's your opinion on BM?

Unread post by Rawr »

I posted this on the Hunter beta forums:

"I have 3 buttons to push and run out of focus in fights way too often.

Kill Shot should not have been taken out.

We need more than just Dire() to get focus back in long fights, I suggest turning Cobra Shot back to how it was or give us back Focus Fire.

Scorpid Sting, Viper Sting, Serpent Sting could all be fillers or flat out replace Arcane Shot.

Please stop messing with Assist. In WoD it's (sort of) fine, in Leg my pet just derps there if I'm hit with it on. Assist should be the pet attacking if the Hunter/pet were attacked or the Hunter was attacked and Defensive should be should be the pet attacking if the Hunter/pet were attacked or the Hunter commanding the pet to attack.

Change Volley back or make it also trigger Beast Cleave.

Having a Mend Pet on a cooldown wasn't fun in Vanilla/BC nor is it fun now also it doesn't seem to be affected by Blood of the Rhino as my pet gains 100k more HP but Mend pet only ticks for 7k than normal. It's not enough and my pet dies often doing quests.

Can Glyph of Misdirection be MD's default? Would any Hunter be upset if MD only had a 30sec CD when used not on their pet.

The Hati appearance changer should be a lvl 100 item as that is when we get him.

Last note, Spirit Bond was great, can we please have it back?

The Devs skipped using pruning sheers and went straight for the chainsaw." :mrgreen:

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Are the 'assist' changes why my pet runs back to me during aoe? On live if I multishot, the pet stays out and attacks the next target. On beta, I think it gets confused.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A lot of these suggestions would be good changes. But as I said, Blizz isn't going to make any more changes to class and specs, outside of tuning and tweaking :(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I forgot about Kill Shot and the volley change. Kill Shot, to me, is the second most iconic execute in the game outside of Execute itself. I miss it so much. And volley is meh. I didn't see the old one though, was it a channeled AoE like in WotLK?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Bulvinkel laziness problems?

Unread post by Quiv »

Due to a lot of the issues here, I don't want to log into my beta hunter right now regardless of spec. On top of this is the toolkit butchering, such as Misdirect and Mend Pet always having a CD now. The combination of things is causing me to not want to play my hunter and I don't like that not one bit.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I just managed to tame Bulvinkel on beta. I've had to create 3 hunters on the beta server just to be able to get through the initial artifact quest line. Danged bugs are annoying. Anyway, it took a good bit of trying and failing just for me to get to Bulvinkel's lil plateau. I'm assuming that it's easier if one does some of the Stormheim chain to get that grappling hook thing. After all the frustration to find him, actually get to him, and tame him, I didn't really go and do any fighting out in the field with him.

I must say that I'm concerned about BM in Legion. It seems that pets are pretty fragile compared to what we've become used to over the years. With Mend pet having a cooldown, I'm wondering if the days of soloing tough rares and/or content are over for hunters.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pets are much tougher now. Mend pet is quite weak. It helps, but it's almost at the point where you wonder if you should just forget it and dps faster, but if you have nothing else to press then it still helps.

One thing that may make the pet appear weaker is when an enemy's spell does a lot of damage to the pet because it doesn't get out of the way. On live this kind of damage is mitigated for the sake of fairness. The abilities of a lot of bosses in Legion seem to do the same, but I've still noticed a fair few abilities that tear through the pet like crepe paper because they're (unreasonably) expected to dodge it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Lovely, so they fixed the pet health, but we can't heal them fast enough to make mend pet viable. That's wonderful -_-;;
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

13thmaiden wrote:Lovely, so they fixed the pet health, but we can't heal them fast enough to make mend pet viable. That's wonderful -_-;;
I think mostly they'll be ok, but yes, the heal still feels weaker than on live.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Why isn't Glyph of MD baseline? I mean is any Hunter going to complain about that? :| :mrgreen:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Rawr wrote:Why isn't Glyph of MD baseline? I mean is any Hunter going to complain about that? :| :mrgreen:
My goodness, This so much, I just can't believe it's not going to be around...
It's massively game play changing for me without, I just constantly have everything running at my face every time I try play on the Beta, and this is when I'm not trying to aoe... it feels messy and kinda awkward. :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I really feel like they spent all their time on Mage, DK, and Rogue, and then everyone else has gotten a descending order of attention starting at warlocks and then degrading class by class until hunters end up with the short stick.

So much just seems so badly broken that I'm considering not even maining a hunter in Legion, instead paying attention to mage or DK, because that's where it looks like all the fun is going to be. Not even just 'maybe I'll finally let Beast Mastery go' but the whole hunter thing just doesn't sound like any fun at all.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

SpiritBinder wrote:My goodness, This so much, I just can't believe it's not going to be around...
It's massively game play changing for me without, I just constantly have everything running at my face every time I try play on the Beta, and this is when I'm not trying to aoe... it feels messy and kinda awkward. :|
Its very gameplay changing. My experience is just like yours. If I get more than 2 mobs, not only is my pet likely dead, but theres no way hes keeping threat.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wait. Misdirection is going away completely come Legion? Did I miss something??? :?
Is it moving to another class?
That's what y'all are talking about right?
:?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

MD is a 30sec cooldown no matter what u put it on in BM (not sure if MM has it) SRV doesnt have any MD at all. We want the Glyph of MD to be defualt and SRV to have one too as they are also a pet spec. :mrgreen:

zedxrgal

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Migraine is making me loopy. :(

Fully support MD being a passive cast for all classes.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

... Am I reading the patch notes right? Are they /REALLY/ actually /REMOVING/ another ability from freakin' Beast Mastery? BM that's already grossly gimped in the abilities department? It looks like Flanking Strike has been removed from BM's arsenal completely.

What the bloody sam hell, Blizzard. Just what the hell.

So basically all we do is cobra shot and dire beast, and occasionally KC. Is that legitimately it? HONESTLY??!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal

Would appear so Nacht. RIP BM. It's been a long wonderful ride. I shall miss you deeply. :( :cry:

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Two steps backward, another step backward too for good measure.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I think they are just fixing the Tooltip because Flanking Strike has been a melee ability that only Survival uses. It also has text for MM but as of todays build, its still not in MM's spellbook.

That being said, BM is still the KC, DireBeast, Cobra Shot mess. :(