What do you think the Cata hunter armour will look like?..

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: What do you think the Cata hunter armour will look like?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Anansi wrote:I'd love to go back to faction armour sets, that just makes so much sense to me. Why would Horde and Alliance wear armour that looks the same?
This is very very true. Although I wouldn't expect trolls and blood elves to wear the same thing either; at least that can be justified by uniting under the orc banner.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Jangalian wrote:I want to have a tophat, monacle, and cumberband. Yes. However, I expect that this would be a cloth set, for mens. The women would wear a playboy bunny suit.

LAWL a bunny suit on worgen! I must draw that!
DELIVERED.

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3449
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Anansi wrote:I'd love to go back to faction armour sets, that just makes so much sense to me. Why would Horde and Alliance wear armour that looks the same?
I always saw it as being tied to the raid you're raiding. You're "taking" the items from whomever you killed... sorta? I dunno, that's how it makes sense to me, just like it justifies the themes like the hunter t7 spider helmet.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Are you talking about the phallus helmet? Yeah, mine stays turned OFF.

Last cool helmet, imo, is the T3 Naxx helmet, and the more current recolor. Such a niiiiiiiiiiiice set for hunters.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Sarayana

I mean this one.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Not gonna lie, I kinda sorta maybe a little miss the Batman helm.

Just a lil.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana

Kalliope wrote:Not gonna lie, I kinda sorta maybe a little miss the Batman helm.

Just a lil.
It's like Batman and Spiderman worked together to design it. O_O

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I love the Wrathful Gladiator PvP armour for Hunters. To me it looks far more Hunter-like than the PvE set.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/und ... uge-hu.jpg
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I know I know, I didn't edit it yet, just a bit of colour.... and really rough colour at that. :?

But you get the idea..

Image Image

ImageImage

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I want it even more now. It looks amazing.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I kinda wish we could run around in this kind of stuff and not so much of the rhino helm + crushing-your-head shoulder colanders..I mean shoulders, hehe, and the tiny little super-hero capelets. Wishful thinking.

Attachments
huntery.jpg
huntery.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1122 times
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

On the note of hunter-y pictures, I found this picture of a longbowman, basically a medieval archer. Somewhat fitting, eh?

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

You know, I like those above styles so much better, always have and always will. It was actually the over-sized novelty weapons and armour that turned me right off WoW when it came out and I saw the art and screenshots. It was absurd to this more traditional fantasy gamer and so I think I disregarded WoW for years because of that. Eventually I got suckered into it and here I am but yeah, I love those above designs so much more than WoW arms and armour. But, that's what WoW is and for that art style Blizzard have made a great looking game, plus the more cartoony looks tend to age better than more realistic designs.

I want to play whatever game the illustrator of the top image (the crouching archer) may one day work on, that is wonderful.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Anansi wrote:I want to play whatever game the illustrator of the top image (the crouching archer) may one day work on, that is wonderful.
The top picture reminds me of GuildWars, but not one of the in-game models. It might be a preview for the sequel.
Anansi wrote:It was actually the over-sized novelty weapons and armour that turned me right off WoW when it came out and I saw the art and screenshots.
I have to agree here. Some races REALLY should have smaller weapons, like gnomes, some should have smaller weapons, but not by a very large amount, think human female here, and some have weapons that seem pretty accurate size-wise, like belves. Don't get me started on shoulder armor.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Saturo wrote:Don't get me started on shoulder armor.
I remember finding it extremely amusing when that glitch happened that caused Orc shoulder armour to shrink in size and there was such outrage over the incident. There were people who were acting like it was the end of days, seriously.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Call me weird, but I liked the small shoulders. It looked realistic and hilarious.
http://www.wow.com/2007/07/10/let-my-or ... ders-grow/

Sarayana

I have to agree. I love the gear SB drew Aoani in for my siggy, the leather shoulders and leather/straps/bones for decoration chest piece. She looks really huntery, like she could have made the whole thing herself from materials she gathered while going about her huntering and such.

It's for that same reason I love the Deadly and Furious Gladiator's sets. Particularly the Deadly set looks much more like something a trained ranger (like the one in your image I guess, Saturo) would wear.

And cloaks! I'd loooooooove a proper cape that you can wrap around you! Cloaks aren't pieces of fabric that trail down your back! They're items you wear to keep warm!! On my first toon, I was a LW and I squee'd with joy when I realised I could make a hood and a cloak that matched! It just looked more right.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sarayana wrote:And cloaks! I'd loooooooove a proper cape that you can wrap around you! Cloaks aren't pieces of fabric that trail down your back! They're items you wear to keep warm!! On my first toon, I was a LW and I squee'd with joy when I realised I could make a hood and a cloak that matched! It just looked more right.
Like this? http://www.dragonflyhouse.net/Childs_Hooded_Cloak.GIF
I agree, I have an RP outfit which consists of a matching robe and hood, and that makes it looks somewhat like a cloak. The ugly things we get in WoW don't count as a cloak, they're just cloth we wear on our backs. That's also partially why I'm so annoyed at the tiny things we get in the starterzones. If they want us to have that kind of cloak, could they at least make it cover our shoulders too, like they would IRL? Think Frodo's cloak. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yLeRoCw8gwA/S ... _Frodo.jpg

Sarayana

Yeah kinda like that. More practical though. I keep remembering how Tolkien described Aragon in the inn at Bree - or the mental image I got of him, I suppose, the cloaked ranger. The cloak he wore was purely for practical purposes, keeping him warm and (somewhat) dry when he's away from proper shelter for weeks and months on end. Big hood to keep the rain out, well covered shoulders, all that. But not so long that it would cause him trouble while traveling or fighting.

I pretty much always hide the cloak on my toons. I think it's ridiculous, and aside from that first night elf (who didn't live to see 35, I'm afraid) I haven't had one where the cloak made sense to me.

Hmm. Perhaps I'll see if my shammy can make Sara that cloak and hood. I'd love to be able to give her the 'rugged ranger' look. Any suggestions for armor that would suit that? It was a low-level, blue hood, and a cloak that matched... I'll dig around when I'm back home tonight and see if I can find it.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Yes, the cloaks we have are more like table runners than cloaks. Although a proper cloak would create all sorts of messy clipping and conflicts with armour sets. Of course if the armour and weapons weren't so over the top it'd be a different story...

I do quite like the Furious Gladiator set, that is very nice. So what is it with PvP gear looking more Hunter-like than the more common PvE gear? Does the PvP design team have someone who plays a Hunter doing work for them? I mean, look at the Wrathful set, that looks wonderfully Hunter-like.