Best cinamatic ever

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Re: Best cinamatic ever

Unread post by Ellaran »

Kalliope wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:But just to be a lore troll :mrgreen: wasn't his armour made by goblins? The smiths in the cinematic (0:50) looked more like dorfs or something much chunkier than a goblin?[/color]
Goblins that let themselves go? :D
From what I've read, Deathwing needs to have his armor replaced on a somewhat regular schedule. His power is so great that even adamantite can't hold it in forever, so he has to have a new suit hammered onto him as the old one wears out. So what the cinematic showed was Deathwing getting the finishing touches on his latest armor set as he was ready to make his return.

Which is making me think that a portion of the boss battle is going to be damaging the plates and knocking them off until he goes critical. You know Blizzard isn't going to let us just DPS Neltharion down to 0%.

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Funny thing though, when he landed on the Stormwind Towers I was expecting for him to be facing the inside of SW not facing the outside towards the Bridge in order to terrify the people. But heck, since its hard to miss a huge black dragon everyone in SW was probably ported somewhere else for safety since on the PTR during the cultist event portals are provided for people to escape.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Arwyn wrote:Funny thing though, when he landed on the Stormwind Towers I was expecting for him to be facing the inside of SW not facing the outside towards the Bridge in order to terrify the people. But heck, since its hard to miss a huge black dragon everyone in SW was probably ported somewhere else for safety since on the PTR during the cultist event portals are provided for people to escape.
Funny, I was thinking of the directions he was going to too... He seemed to rise up around Winterspring/Mount Hyjal, fly West to the coast and from there south over Darkshore... He then somehow reaches Eastern Kingdoms and flies NORTH over the Dun Moroth dam? I'm pretty sure if the dam would break, it would break towards the North. And after that he apparently does an U-turn and flies SOUTH to Stormwind and does a sweet spin just outside or above it so he'll be facing East, with his back to the city. :lol:
(Whaat? Gave me an excuse to draw a crappy Deathwing!)
Attachments
Map-of-azeroth.jpg
Map-of-azeroth.jpg (396.28 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Aaaw. Stormwind. My favorite capital city. I can see my druid is going to have a bone to pick with Deathwing.

Really though, it was an awesome cinematic. <3.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

This cinematic awesomely shows that Deathwing is TRULY gonna rip Azeroth a new asshole...*Creates a Cult of the Destroyer to serve Deathwing*

DEATHWING 4EVAAAA!
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Magnakilro wrote:This cinematic awesomely shows that Deathwing is TRULY gonna rip Azeroth a new asshole...*Creates a Cult of the Destroyer to serve Deathwing*

DEATHWING 4EVAAAA!
Cult of the Destroyer? Sounds like the Twilight's Hammer to me! Luckily, I happen to be lead recruitment for them. I'm also Lead Summoner...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*snerk* Love his flight path, Gold! Maybe he flew in a circle in Eastern Kingdoms cause he wasn't sure where Stormwind was! After all, he's been out of the picture for how long? :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I think you made his jaw too small, Golden. :lol:

I'd imagine someone hellbent on wreaking death and destruction would take as long and circuitous a flight as possible, so that we can all be really, really scurrred. :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Kalliope wrote:*snerk* Love his flight path, Gold! Maybe he flew in a circle in Eastern Kingdoms cause he wasn't sure where Stormwind was! After all, he's been out of the picture for how long? :lol:
Ah, that is so true! I can really relate to that, I always get North and South mixed up in-game. XD
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Epic...win.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
KingCharr
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by KingCharr »

It's official, the Black Dragonflight is the best. With Onyxia screwing the Alliance around, and Deathwing laying waste to Stormwind, they are the most awesome. Except for Nefarian, who is a n00b.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Haha good work Deathwing destroying Stormwind(Horde FTW). I already wonder how hard will be to kill him and thinking how easy will be Lich King as lvl85.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Sarayana wrote:I think you made his jaw too small, Golden. :lol:

I'd imagine someone hellbent on wreaking death and destruction would take as long and circuitous a flight as possible, so that we can all be really, really scurrred. :lol:
Wild Deathwing used CHIN PIERCE!
It's super-effective!
AZEROTH fainted!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Golden wrote:
Arwyn wrote:Funny thing though, when he landed on the Stormwind Towers I was expecting for him to be facing the inside of SW not facing the outside towards the Bridge in order to terrify the people. But heck, since its hard to miss a huge black dragon everyone in SW was probably ported somewhere else for safety since on the PTR during the cultist event portals are provided for people to escape.
Funny, I was thinking of the directions he was going to too... He seemed to rise up around Winterspring/Mount Hyjal, fly West to the coast and from there south over Darkshore... He then somehow reaches Eastern Kingdoms and flies NORTH over the Dun Moroth dam? I'm pretty sure if the dam would break, it would break towards the North. And after that he apparently does an U-turn and flies SOUTH to Stormwind and does a sweet spin just outside or above it so he'll be facing East, with his back to the city. :lol:
(Whaat? Gave me an excuse to draw a crappy Deathwing!)
Azeroth IS a sphere, maybe he flew west? Flew on the stretch of water between the 2 main EK mainlands and then south?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael