Rant Thread

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Just got Tumblr to work again and first thing I see is hate. Whelp why did I come back to this. >.>
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

It was finally warming up and all nice. Now it's suddenly too warm. I'm only wearing a thin tshirt and I'm sweaty.
Guess I need to break out the space heater and set it to fan only mode. These commissions must be finished!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

This is an unpopular opinion but I hate Deviant Art. A lot of the people on their just make my skin crawl. s:

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Scarlet wrote:This is an unpopular opinion but I hate Deviant Art. A lot of the people on their just make my skin crawl. s:
Not an unpopular opinion, there's weirdos all over the place there and I can't stand half the 'art' on the front page these days.

My rant: Yesterday was URG. x___x; What I thought was hay fever turned into a cold which then turned into a nasty fever. Couldn't keep any food or water down at all, was getting headaches due to being dehydrated but there was nothing I could do. Spent the entire day in bed. I'm a bit better now, less feverish, but still have a sore throat, blocked nose and headaches that I'm finally getting rid of thanks to actually being able to swallow painkillers now, I couldn't before because of how sore my throat was. At least my hunger has returned and I'm not throwing up anymore but, urg, that was not pleasant.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Scarlet wrote:This is an unpopular opinion but I hate Deviant Art. A lot of the people on their just make my skin crawl. s:
It's way better then Tumblr tho :lol: The weirdos there make DAs ones look tame.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I hate DeviantArt because an insane number of people use it as a personal clip-art stash. I've had people not only steal and copy my art (and then claim it as theirs) but I found someone had stolen one of my tattoo images and was actually selling it on etsy and ebay as a vinyl window decal.

That's why I refuse to put my art up there anymore.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

when in doubt unplug the Sky box...... I don't know why I did not think of that before >.>
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:
It's way better then Tumblr tho :lol: The weirdos there make DAs ones look tame.
Does make you wonder aye. Related rant is about some people on the internet in general...just so nasty for no reason. Like a comment thread on a reality show I watch...ok so people on this show might not sound so nicey nicey all the time but you don't know them or know how much it's been edited or are people really that naive??! To make a whole facebook page having a go at two people you don't like is just...nasty. And some comments....do they realise they sound even more nasty then the people on the show? I'm glad a few people commented and told them where to go.

And people who join pages of things they hate just to troll others...just don't get it. I don't go onto your pages and bag out your hobbie/interest so I really don't expect it to happen to me but meh I guess thats the internet.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Trying to do the questline to get the Crimson Deathcharger for my 90 DK asking in trade and such for help because it is on heroic ICC yet no one answers me sure like being ignored when asking for help. The WOW community sucks ass all they think about is themselves now a days wish I had done this when it was popular but then again I suck at raiding.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Not really a rant but I'm sad Bob Hoskins died, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and he was Mario in Super Mario Bros., two of my favorite movies ever (I know a lot of people didn't like SMB, not sure why I mean Dennis Hopper was Bowser) anyways sad day, watching two of my favorite movies to morn. :cry: :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rawr wrote:Not really a rant but I'm sad Bob Hoskins died, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and he was Mario in Super Mario Bros., two of my favorite movies ever (I know a lot of people didn't like SMB, not sure why I mean Dennis Hopper was Bowser) anyways sad day, watching two of my favorite movies to morn. :cry: :mrgreen:
I was sad to find this out too. Eddie! Nooooo!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I feel like garbage. I wish I would have just stayed in bed today.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

My friend bought a bottle of absinthe (she has no idea what she's doing with it) and demands we all drink it with her next week. It's hard to say no cause it's her birthday. Urg. x___x Neither me nor any of my other friends are very interested in doing this but all of a sudden she's taken such an interest in expensive/imported alcohol and woman I know it's your birthday but we don't caaaaaaare

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

And absinthe is some strong shit too... like it can make you hallucinate if you drink too much
I hope your friend is in for a ride lmao

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Alex wrote:And absinthe is some strong shit too... like it can make you hallucinate if you drink too much
Apparently that's only if you *fuck it up* and go extreme and do the measurements wrong. But knowing her she won't care anyway. :| I just don't wanna be around when she's going nuts.

Like I don't mind having a few drinks with friends and that but she always wants to take our 'few drinks and a laugh' to 'PARTAAAAYYYY' and it's like... no. stahp.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Snowy wrote:
Alex wrote:And absinthe is some strong shit too... like it can make you hallucinate if you drink too much
Apparently that's only if you *fuck it up* and go extreme and do the measurements wrong. But knowing her she won't care anyway. :| I just don't wanna be around when she's going nuts.

Like I don't mind having a few drinks with friends and that but she always wants to take our 'few drinks and a laugh' to 'PARTAAAAYYYY' and it's like... no. stahp.
It depends on what kind of absinthe you got.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I was just told that if you want to quit Elder Scrolls Online you have to tell them 30 days before hand? O.o Wha? @>@
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Absinthe is harmless...aside from being one step aside from everclear, anyway...

You're SUPPOSED to pour it over ice with water (and a sugar cube because dayum that stuff's harsh), and not drink it straight or anything.

Since it's been legalized, you don't see the ghetto "absinthe" much anymore, which might have had contaminants in it. If she got it from legit sources, I'm sure it's all right. All of the deleterious effects rumored to be from absinthe (hallucinations, delusions, other crazy wack) were either a) invented by the temperance movement that was so viciously trying to demonize it in the early 20th century, or b) many old absinthe fountains were made with lead pewter (also a pewter spoon was often used to hold the sugar cube), so over time the high alcohol content leached the lead (and possible other heavy metals) out of the spoon and... yay, eating paint flakes!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Absinthe brings back memories of stupid teenage parties. AH my booze filled youth.... Not much has changed really :lol: ALl I can remember is that it burns going down and burns coming back up XD
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I'm the sort of person to enjoy casual drinking with friends, imo getting wasted is stupid and has been even more off putting since we're all just sat around, having a laugh with a drink and she's already downed like six bottles of sol and before we know it she's drunk and grabbing everyone's boobs and when you tell her you're not comfortable with it she throws a fit. And also throws a fit if we can't do things her way. She can be really childish when it comes to drinking which is very ironic. Pretty much all of us except for her just want to sit and relax with their drinks, not get all up in people's faces and spend half the evening vomiting. I have a phobia of vomiting so no ty.

Buuuut as I say, it's her birthday next week, I'm not keen on drinking this absinthe she has no idea what she's doing with and I have no idea if she's got it from a legit source either.

Want to have a movie night with friends? Nope, has to be turned into a drinking night. Want to go to the cinema together? We have to go to the pub afterwards. Otherwise she will throw a hissyfit. And she also has the nerve to complain that none of us pay for the alcohol at these non-existent drinking events? We'll all gather at someone's house for a movie and she'll suddenly pull out the alcohol and demand people drink it. NO ONE planned this except for her and we didn't want it either so, no, we're not paying for it. She can be freaking crazy when it comes to alcohol. :S