Rant Thread

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Castile »

Following on from my parking rant yesterday...came back to my car to find a $66 fine but if i paid within 14 days i got a 25% discount? Hmm that to me seemed abit suss. I did some research and a found a story online about the same company trying it on in Qld..the advice? Don't pay it. Private companies can't actually fine you in australia - only a government body can! So i msged a news station about it and they are doing a story on it! It seems this might have a positive outcome :) Just call me the carpark vigilante hehe.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

rant #2 - ty husband for making me feel like shit today, that was really awesome of you. Oh and if its such a burden to "chauffer" me to work don't worry i wont ask you to do that again but oops! Then you won't have use of MY car all day will you? I would offer to solve your issues for you but you weren't very interested in helping with mine which YOUR family caused. Ofcourse they are 100% more important than your wife i see that pretty clear today so I'll just solve them all on my own like I usually do when your away....I dont actually want to go home today but i can't stay at work or my parking will skyrocket...shit.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Pretty sure I just missed an Edge of Reality spawn by a few minutes. I'd just gotten to the spawn location south of Ring of Blood in Nagrand when a forsaken warlock appeared in front of me, mounted the voidtalon and ran circles around me before running off. This is the last thing I needed after the emotional stress I went through over the weekend. Not to mention pulling my big toenail back so hard that it bled.

I've been trying to be good and kind and helpful. What did I do to deserve this crap???

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The more I pay attention to world politics, the more firmly I believe that a large scale political purge is needed.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I've had a super shit morning. Great way to begin my Easter break.

First, someone starts telling me that somewhere in the UK, someone's been decapitating cats. Don't know where because I can't find an article and refuse to look for too long because just looking at anything related makes me super upset. I'd been really down all morning, when I see that there's a whole bunch of new Pop! figures coming out of characters I like. I share some of the pictures on Facebook to a friend of ones I think he would really like, he immediately sees the post and ignores me.

So I'm literally sat here, freaking out more than I can possibly describe and fearing for the life of my cats, all while being ignored by friends when I attempt to cheer myself up.

This is fucking fantastic.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

*keeps all cats indoors* nonononono. You lot stay inside.

Warning, disgusting toenail stuff.

I don't know...I really don't. My toenail isn't attached, I think? It's been a couple of months since the doctor said it was fine, and now the new one should have come through but I can't bring myself to lift up the nail and look >.< I feel it moving when I walk, I feel like I should take a look but...ugh. And Prom is in a few months. No heels for me. Not that I'd wear heels. I look like I've made a mess of myself while I walk, presuming I can stand in the blooming things.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

*spends upwards of 40 hours on series of illustrations*
*posts finished project on tumblr*
*next day*
*sees sketchy scribble of Steven Universe people - 392,409 notes*
*looks at project - 2 notes*

....*sigh*
(oh and neither of those was a reblog either)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I wish Minnie would stop bringing in rats ;-; I'm just glad they are dead when she brings them in.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My new meds is totally taking every ounce of energy from my body.. i feel like i do nothing but sleep :(

and my brain thought it was totally funny with a cat named Minnie bringing the mouse :lol:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yeah :lol:
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I feel like I'm going to throw up. I cant stop crying.
My boyfriend has 2 roomies. One of his roomies has two cats that belong to his GF that went off to college. They're not supposed to have cats in the house they're at, so they have to keep things on the downlow. Thats not the problem.
These two little female cats are not fixed, so they piss all over the place. Currently they have already ruined 2 computers. Cat pee had some how leaked onto one of the mother boards at one point, so it was pretty bad.
Because of this, these cats are locked in a tiny closet for most of the day every day. The roomie that 'owns' them does not feed them, does not water them and does not clean their litter. Maybe once in a while.. But when I visited them twice, they were with no food or water and had an overflowing litter box in the same room they were locked in.
His grandma had offered to take these kitties if he would get them spayed, but the roomie didn't want to spend $100 on cats he wasn't going to keep, as was quoted to me.
Now the roomie wants to put the cats outside. Which is great and all.. Except they're not fixed. They'll become pregnant. And what it sounds like is he doesn't intend to ever let them back in. It sounds like he's ditching them. These cats have never seen the outdoors before. They have never seen a car and have never felt grass on their paws. They will either be eaten, squished, starved or shot.
I know my BF isn't really wanting the cats to come to any harm. He hates when they piss on things, but he does love them. They like to crawl up and sleep on your chest and just cuddle with you. All they want is love. Everything wrong that they are doing is because of the roomies neglect. He's trying to talk to his roomie to at least find a shelter.. But I doubt he's going to go the extra mile to do at least that.

They're such sweet cats. I just. I dont know. Its not my problem, but its so terrible. I just keep losing it.

EDIT: If any one knows of any one looking for two cute kitties in Durant Oklahoma, please let me know. Please. I know its a long shot to ask here. But I dont know what else to do. I've sent them links of a few places they can try, but I can just feel that they're going to just kinda ask if they can leave the cat, be told no, and not push it any further. These cats are doomed.

Siggy under construction!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Bowno wrote:I feel like I'm going to throw up. I cant stop crying.
My boyfriend has 2 roomies. One of his roomies has two cats that belong to his GF that went off to college. They're not supposed to have cats in the house they're at, so they have to keep things on the downlow. Thats not the problem.
These two little female cats are not fixed, so they piss all over the place. Currently they have already ruined 2 computers. Cat pee had some how leaked onto one of the mother boards at one point, so it was pretty bad.
Because of this, these cats are locked in a tiny closet for most of the day every day. The roomie that 'owns' them does not feed them, does not water them and does not clean their litter. Maybe once in a while.. But when I visited them twice, they were with no food or water and had an overflowing litter box in the same room they were locked in.
His grandma had offered to take these kitties if he would get them spayed, but the roomie didn't want to spend $100 on cats he wasn't going to keep, as was quoted to me.
Now the roomie wants to put the cats outside. Which is great and all.. Except they're not fixed. They'll become pregnant. And what it sounds like is he doesn't intend to ever let them back in. It sounds like he's ditching them. These cats have never seen the outdoors before. They have never seen a car and have never felt grass on their paws. They will either be eaten, squished, starved or shot.
I know my BF isn't really wanting the cats to come to any harm. He hates when they piss on things, but he does love them. They like to crawl up and sleep on your chest and just cuddle with you. All they want is love. Everything wrong that they are doing is because of the roomies neglect. He's trying to talk to his roomie to at least find a shelter.. But I doubt he's going to go the extra mile to do at least that.

They're such sweet cats. I just. I dont know. Its not my problem, but its so terrible. I just keep losing it.

EDIT: If any one knows of any one looking for two cute kitties in Durant Oklahoma, please let me know. Please. I know its a long shot to ask here. But I dont know what else to do. I've sent them links of a few places they can try, but I can just feel that they're going to just kinda ask if they can leave the cat, be told no, and not push it any further. These cats are doomed.
I really wish I could help, and I don't know how these things work in America, but can't you just call services about neglect? If they saw the state he's leaving the cats in AND the fact he's not even allowed cats in that house, they would do something. Bad part is... the cats technically belong to his girlfriend, so she would be upset, but I have some questions here. A.) Why did she run off to college without her cats? B.) Why did she get cats in the first place if she knew she wasn't going to bring them to college? And C.) Does she really not know ANYONE else that could look after them? If his grandmother is offering to take care of them, SHE should be the one offering to pay the vet bills, not the boyfriend. Just because she's not there right now doesn't mean she should stop paying for them. I know if I had to leave my cats with my boyfriend, I would still be doing everything I could do make sure they were okay, I'd be sending him money for cat food, litter, bills, etc.

But if it seems like even she is neglecting her own cats, call services. Whatever the American equivalent of the RSPCA is. (I don't have a clue...) I know someone in a similar enough situation. Some dumb bitch who is on the same uni course as me, one of my best friends is in a group project with her and we all know she has a kitten in a house that doesn't allow pets. Well, apparently one day she started *laughing* about how she keeps the kitten locked in a shoebox in the cupboard for hours at a time when they have house viewings. Evil bitch. If I knew her address, I'd have called services on her months ago. She got the kitten when she was fully aware she wasn't allowed pets in her house.

I have a cat, though she isn't officially mine, she's my mum's, my mum wants me to take her when I move in a house that allows pets. It's not that she doesn't love her, the cat is just highly attached to *me*. Whenever I'm over she's up and around me almost constantly, looking for love and attention, which my mum does give her, so it's not like she's neglected. Even when I lived with my mum, she always preferred my attention. And I've always wished I could just grab her and bring her with me, but I'm not selfish and stupid enough to keep her in a house that strictly does not allow pets...

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

All I can advise is take them to a no-kill shelter. That roomie doesn't deserve to have animals....ever.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

warning blood and pest rant!!

Woke up this morning with a major nose bleed...seriously, I had to stand over the sink and just let it take it's course it was so bad!!!! Tissue couldn't even stop it. Probably lasted 10 minutes before it finally slowed enough that I could do something about it.

I wish I'd taken that as a serious sign as to how this day would play out...and climbed back into bed...nope.

Took my little one to daycare for 8am, came home, went to do my garrison daily collecting, and by 8:40 I got a call from the daycare...you need to come pick your kid up...she has lice. FML!!!!

So got her, come home moved some money over, and off we went to pick up lice shampoo and money for the laundry...

So now, it is 10:26am, my daughter is in the bath and I am getting ready to toss all her stuffed toys into bags for the next 2 weeks, and collect all the wonderful clothes/bedding/etc for laundry...then comes lice shampoo, followed by 15 minutes of keeping an almost 5yr old still and not touching her hair, then comes the fun "I spy a lice/nit" catch game followed by vacuuming and more laundry...Ohh, and I still need to check my own hair to see if I've got them to...

Shoulda fucking stayed in bed today....

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ugh Makoes.. that suuucks!! future notice.. put ice chips in your mouth and lean your head back = nose bleed stop.. i got them daily and this help me.

Hope tomorrow gets better for you!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Thanks guys.

I've sent links to shelters and phone numbers to places that will help get the cats fixed for a super low price, if not free. I'm praying my BF will talk some sense into his roomie.
As for his GF, I'm not sure what she was thinking. My understanding is that she just couldn't take them with her. They had planned to get a house together where they could have them in a few months.. But again they'd be outside. Which would be fine if they slowly introduced them to the outside. In the situation they're in now, it sounds like they're just going to toss them outside and hope for the best. If the cats are still around, then they'll attempt to craigslist them or something.
The point though that they're missing still is that these cats aren't fixed. There are big dogs running around all over and they've never seen a car. The cats would be dead.

I don't know if there would be enough evidence to call it in.. They aren't super thin to my knowledge, just super tiny from lack of food I'm guessing. I'm just praying they'll take them to one of the shelters I linked. I'll call the shelter myself and beg to them to take these cats if I have to.

Siggy under construction!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Do whatever you think is best Bowno. :hug:

Much lighter rant today but I'm tried of answering the door all day for other people's delivery drivers. If I wasn't expecting anything, I would honestly just ignore the door.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

stupid meds... still doing nothing but sleeping... im able to be active for 1-2 hours at a time then i need to sleep... i hope it wears off soon.. im tired of being tired

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

We're fostering a litter of kittens and mother until they're old enough to be adopted. Literally they were just born Monday.

I'm already in love with them. This is going to be hard, and heartbreaking. I love cats. I always get instantly attached. Always do this to myself.

I'm such a damned idiot.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I dunno what's up with me, but the past couple of days I have found it impossible to wake up before 11am. I missed class Monday because of it, and now just last night I amazingly got sleepy and went to bed early at 11.... nope, still just woke up. 12 hours of sleep is waaaaaay too much. Alarms are doing nothing to wake me up, even.