4.3: Worgen Racial Mounts Preview [Combined Thread]

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: 4.3: Worgen Racial Mounts Preview [Combined Thread]

Unread post by Makoes »

I am rather depressed by this...If we get a re-used horse racial, Goblins should get a re-used horde mount as well instead of a new mount.
This, just depresses me.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

I think the horses are lovely, and make total sense for worgen. And now you have the choice of either using them, or just use your fast running if you prefer. Or you can get a mount from another faction, which is totally easy with tabard rep. You can even get the best mount in the game... the Mechanostrider. :twisted:
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

I think it makes absolutly NO SENSE at all for any death-fearing creature to let something as predatory as a worgen on their backs...Don't forget your horror movie lore guys, horses don't like werewolves and vampires! I think that running wild is much more congruent than a mount.That being said, yay for another mount to collect! ^^
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Its not just from the worgen perspective about the new mounts either. Every race has its own "unique" racial mount, and every other race can get reputation up with their other factions to purchase these new "unique" mounts. If I've already gotten exaulted with Humans for the horse mount, why do I need to get exaulted with another faction...for horse mounts? didnt I already do that? Although its nice that blizzard is given Worgen a mount(s), it would be nice if they put as much work into it as they did for the goblins.

Running wild is more of a "racial ability" then an actual mount. and one that balances out against the awsome racial abilities of the goblins.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Watusie
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Watusie »

I think that horse mounts for worgens makes perfect sense. They were human originally, and in the starting zone all their NPCs use horses. I just wish they had either remodelled the horses or used different colors. I personally would have loved a chance to get the palomino or white horse without armor on it.
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

I agree that they make sense for the worgen. And while yes, in many stories horses don't like werewolves, we haven't seen this in WoW -- the horses in the worgen starting area don't react badly to the changed worgen. This doesn't have to mean that in WoW horses aren't good judges of character. Maybe they are, and this is a sign that the worgen aren't evil: their horses still trust them. I could see worgen players working this into RP.

Personally I really like these horses and I'm wearing a Gilnean tabard so I can get one when they're added. I understand that many are disappointed, though, and I wish there was a way for everyone to get what they want. Just remember it could be worse. It could be elekks. Or kodos. Or ...pink chocobos. :P
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I want a Pink Chocobo!!!!!1111111
(or any chocobo for that matter...except a starved Belf chocobo...)

~~~
~~~
~~~

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ha. When Alliance had two less mounts, they were sad. Now when they were given two more mounts, they're sad. Personally, I think it would've been better off giving two new skins to a different faction. I wouldn't mind an armored dawnsaber, or an unarmored ice kitty for the NEs. I wouldn't have minded another mechatrider skin, either.

I don't think they intend for these to be special. First and foremost, their purpose is to balance out the equation. However, I do think it was poorly executed, and could've been done much better in benefitting the other races as opposed to sticking the worgen with two-not-so-exciting ponies.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Well, it's kind of nice to be able to obtain something for getting exalted with Gilneas as a non-worgen, so I for one am still glad that the addition was made to this faction, rather than another.

Already got the rep, after all. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Azunara wrote:Ha. When Alliance had two less mounts, they were sad. Now when they were given two more mounts, they're sad. Personally, I think it would've been better off giving two new skins to a different faction. I wouldn't mind an armored dawnsaber, or an unarmored ice kitty for the NEs. I wouldn't have minded another mechatrider skin, either.

I don't think they intend for these to be special. First and foremost, their purpose is to balance out the equation. However, I do think it was poorly executed, and could've been done much better in benefitting the other races as opposed to sticking the worgen with two-not-so-exciting ponies.
Exactly my thoughts. I am happy they at least recognized that there was an imbalance, but the racial the worgen get seems pretty cool so they don't exactly need mounts added. I would have rather had a re-colored tiger or something added to one of the existing faction mounts if they are not going to come up with something unique outside the racial. As far as a reward for grinding to exalted with Gilneas I would be totally happy with being able to purchase a top hat :D

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhapture wrote:
Azunara wrote:Ha. When Alliance had two less mounts, they were sad. Now when they were given two more mounts, they're sad. Personally, I think it would've been better off giving two new skins to a different faction. I wouldn't mind an armored dawnsaber, or an unarmored ice kitty for the NEs. I wouldn't have minded another mechatrider skin, either.

Exactly my thoughts. I am happy they at least recognized that there was an imbalance, but the racial the worgen get seems pretty cool so they don't exactly need mounts added. I would have rather had a re-colored tiger or something added to one of the existing faction mounts if they are not going to come up with something unique outside the racial. As far as a reward for grinding to exalted with Gilneas I would be totally happy with being able to purchase a top hat :D
There's gonna be 10x more QQing if we just get a recolor of another faction mount. So that wouldn't solve anything. I think the horse mounts are fine. Mounts should go to a faction that actually needs a mount, not to one that already has a crapton of mounts. Night Elves have like...what...8 tigers? Compared to Exodar which has barely 5.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Rhapture wrote:As far as a reward for grinding to exalted with Gilneas I would be totally happy with being able to purchase a top hat :D
I second the motion, as they never gave tailors the pattern. Still, would be unfair to horde--they should be able to be just as dapper. :)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I was hoping for a boar, or at least a different skin for horses if they went that route. :(
ImageImage
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Jessibelle wrote: There's gonna be 10x more QQing if we just get a recolor of another faction mount. So that wouldn't solve anything. I think the horse mounts are fine. Mounts should go to a faction that actually needs a mount, not to one that already has a crapton of mounts. Night Elves have like...what...8 tigers? Compared to Exodar which has barely 5.

Alright, fine. Give the mount to Exodar. My point still stands: The horses really aren't cool at all. Running Wild is the go-to Worgen thing, not not-even-recolored horses. You're saying there will be more QQing, which is ironic, as the same thing is happening here. Worgen got horses that weren't recolored. And the levees break.

Frankly, I stand by my point. Resources would have been much better allocated to the Alliance factions who actually use mounts, and get new skins. Dwarves could use something nifty too. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind more gryphon choices. Perhaps add two of the unused hippogryph skins for Alliance faction mounts. (And Horde can stuff their QQing there-they have motorcycles. MOTORCYCLES.)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm perfectly happy with horses, because they're not meant to be special. They're meant to add to the mount count. However, I do think they could have pleased the masses easily by making them two unused horse skins - why not the beautiful palimino and white horses? (Unarmored of course) I would have killed for a white horse!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Azunara wrote:(And Horde can stuff their QQing there-they have motorcycles. MOTORCYCLES.)
Sup?

I know, that's not what you meant, but still.

As much as I wouldn't mind white/palomino horses, I'm not complaining because, as Lupis said, this is to even out the mount count among five million other things. Yeah, it bites, but you still get two more mounts that you are realistically never going to use compared to your 98 other shiny mounts. :P

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

you know what would be awesome?

racial flying mounts and class specific flying mounts (for pallies and warlocks).

that would be sweet
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Azunara wrote:Alright, fine. Give us the keys to the Exodar.
Fixed! :mrgreen:

(What? I'd ride around in a major city. Would always be near an AH, stable master...)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

at least then it'd have a visitor once in a while XD
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Some other food for thought for those complaining about this addition: Here's a little fun fact: When worgen hit level 20, they get their riding training for free as well as learning both the initial riding and running wild as soon as they reach 20. I know 60% riding doesn't cost what it used to, but that's still 4 gold you don't need to spend for riding.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]