Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Essentially. They're still unique models in their own right.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Xakaal wrote:*makes macro to combine two forms (is that what its called?) and to summon the horse and adds it to action bar* :)
I can go you one better on that :D

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=13608
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Xakaal wrote:i forget, can you ride mounts as a human or do you get forced back into worgen? i know for sure your forced to shapeshift in Running Wild (oh god the glitch where i entered a dungeon while i was on all 4's, left the dungeon in my human form, and found myself on all 4's as a human.. that was epic.. that was so friggin epic..)
Do humans even have "running on all 4's" animation?

Now don't go out with disrespectful and shed like that. If anybody's disrespectful here, it's Blizzard for feeding us with this and thinking everybody will like it. Those skins are not unique or new, they have been in the game for aeons, and the only change is they have no saddle, which makes them even more plain and bland looking. You can't deny the complete lack of effort Blizzard put into those mounts. There was NOTHING done on them. Just took a model - an already existing and mountable one - and made it a mount.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Thing is, they never said they were intended to be special models. They blatantly said that these were nothing more than filler to make up for the mount imbalance so the people bitching about the Alliance being short two mounts would shut up. And now people are *still* complaining.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Thing is, they never said they were intended to be special models. They blatantly said that these were nothing more than filler to make up for the mount imbalance so the people bitching about the Alliance being short two mounts would shut up. And now people are *still* complaining.
Pretty much this. If you're not happy, don't buy it. Suck it up and move on with life. This isn't going to be the first time people complain, this won't be the last time, and it's not surprising people aren't happy. They expected something SUPER SPESHUL and instead got filler mounts for the intended filler purpose. Complain about lacking two mounts, complain about gaining two not SPESHUL mounts, people just aren't happy with anything.

Like I've said, while I think they could've done better in placing the two skins in something else, like another ram for dwarves or an armored black gryphon for the alliance (Remember the Black Knight's gryphon? *drool*), it is what it is.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Andine wrote:Do humans even have "running on all 4's" animation?
Not running, but standing on their hands/knees - if you hit running wild while in your human form, you can see it before you're forced into transforming.

@the topic: Tyger pretty much hit it on the head, at least how I see it. Alliance mount collectors were short two mounts and were outraged. They went "JUST EVEN THE NUMBERS" and Blizzard did exactly that. So Alliance mount collectors get their mounts evened out...and are still outraged. I just fail to understand the massive amounts of fuss over two more things on your giant list of 'mounts I never ride because I have Invincible/a drake/a dragonhawk/something infinitely cooler'. Some people like to ride every mount they collect - they'll do so with the horses. Some people just want a number - they'll just get two more to add to their tally. Either way, the only people being 'hurt' are the people who choose to be outraged that Blizzard didn't give them something special after letting the Alliance mount collecting community shout for ages about how they'd take anything, they just wanted even numbers. At the end of the day, you'll either buy the mounts or you won't, and then you'll either like them or promptly forget about them and ride into the sunset on a mount you actually like. Ruffled feathers over something so minuscule just doesn't make sense to me. Yes they could have used palominos or gray horses with or without saddles, but they didn't, and none of us have a job at Blizzard and the ability to confirm that they did so out of sheer laziness. The colors and models they used make sense from a Lore standpoint no matter how much people kick and scream about it, and that's really enough to make me happy. I'd be more pissed over battlepigs.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Here's the thing - we have to understand that worgen somewhat break the mold of what we're used to when it comes to mounts.

Some are thinking of this in the "classic" terms e.g. each race has a mount, which is cool and distinguishing.

Problem is, worgen have two different forms - some may run around in worgen the whole time but that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard designed them to be a two formed race.

So when you say that they don't look right on horses when they're in worgen form - you're right. That's because Blizzard has flat out stated that they consider the worgen form's "mount" to be running wild.

In other words, these rather simple dare-I-say plain horse mounts are (aesthetically*) just meant for human form.

Now, could they have added a *little* something extra e.g. maybe when the rider goes worgen form, have the horses' eyes glow red, maybe dark sheen masked over the normal skin, maybe even a bit of eerie ground mist around the fetlocks? Yeah and that would have been cool and all, but again Blizzard does not want to diminish running wild - we may prefer the mounted look, but they don't. So that's how it is.

*And ofc there is the mount collector angle, as others have noted.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I dislike when people are complaining about the people saying that they wanted an even number, and are now complaining -as well- about what they got.

I for one shrugged my shoulders about the off #'s. But, I also really wish that they made the mounts a little more unique...whether they used the -same colors- in the starting areas or not. I don't believe it matters if the horses are ~the same~(as the starter zone). I just wished they did something a bit different (which the mountspecial is, but I wanted moreso a different skin).

So, you can't really say its all the -same people- that bitched about numbers that are now bitching about what they got. Some people probably didn't care about the numbers...but think its silly they -seemed- to have taken a shortcut with these.
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm not complaining about what we got I like them. I'm complaining about the even number people. First was the alliance people complaining that they got 2 less mounts and now I see them complaining about the ones they are getting XD People are never truly happy with what they get in WoW it seems. (not eveyone here is one of those people but I do remmber somepeople here complainging about that)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Cow, you're complaining about what I have a problem with.

YES some people (NOT ALL) whined over the numbers. Then once the mounts were released SOME OTHER PEOPLE (not necissarily the first complainers) were upset with the models.

Being upset with numbers =/= also being upset with the mounts we got.

Just because you're(they're) upset with one doesn't mean they are the SAME people that are turning around and bitching over the results. (Not saying some aren't but saying that its the same people doing it is really rubbing me a bad way because its honestly not all the same people...)
ImageImage
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Andine wrote:
Xakaal wrote:i forget, can you ride mounts as a human or do you get forced back into worgen? i know for sure your forced to shapeshift in Running Wild (oh god the glitch where i entered a dungeon while i was on all 4's, left the dungeon in my human form, and found myself on all 4's as a human.. that was epic.. that was so friggin epic..)
Do humans even have "running on all 4's" animation?

Now don't go out with disrespectful and shed like that. If anybody's disrespectful here, it's Blizzard for feeding us with this and thinking everybody will like it. Those skins are not unique or new, they have been in the game for aeons, and the only change is they have no saddle, which makes them even more plain and bland looking. You can't deny the complete lack of effort Blizzard put into those mounts. There was NOTHING done on them. Just took a model - an already existing and mountable one - and made it a mount.
Blizz is disrespectful? Really? I'm sorry but this is not your game. It's theirs. As everyone said above me....we bitched and moaned that we were uneven with horde. Blizz didn't promise us some super special mount, did they? No. They didn't. Our 'super special' thing is Running Wild, which the Horde is still pissed at the Alliance for having since Tauren never got theirs back. They gave us 2 mounts, just like we asked, to even the numbers.

I'd say if anyone is disrespectful, it's the people still whining despite the mounts are not the same as Stormwinds.

LisaaraPokefarm

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

Jessibelle wrote:
Britany wrote:I want one of these!! Especially the black one because I love riding around on my black stallion on Britany (I know, that's what she said) :D :D
I'm sorry....you made me giggle. I needed that. x3
:lol: :hug: I'm glad I made you laugh!! It didn't occur to me that it sounds pretty dirty until I was about to post it...and I was like "OH WAIT :shock:"
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Britany wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Britany wrote:I want one of these!! Especially the black one because I love riding around on my black stallion on Britany (I know, that's what she said) :D :D
I'm sorry....you made me giggle. I needed that. x3
:lol: :hug: I'm glad I made you laugh!! It didn't occur to me that it sounds pretty dirty until I was about to post it...and I was like "OH WAIT :shock:"
LOL! Thats what makes it better. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Honestly, the people complaining are just grasping at straws now. You only set yourself up for disappointment and failure by expecting some uber unique mount when, for like the fifth time now, Blizzard never once said these were intended to be special mounts. It has been explicitly stated that RUNNING WILD is the Worgen racial mount and Blizzard intends to keep it that way. They just so happened to decide to throw in two free mounts under the Gilnean banner so it offers some incentive to build rep with them for collectors. That's it. No bells or whistles, no trying to read in the lines. These are nothing more than filler mounts.

@Meggers: Regardless of the way I may have phrased something, my point still stands. People pissed and moaned about the Alliance being short two mounts even though it was way more than possible to get Mountain o' Mounts without the extra two. Blizzard finally decides that they should even it out so they announce two filler mounts. Now people are complaining even more; and I'd be willing to bet that a decent chunk of them are the same people who complained in the first place. After all, the people who are happy/don't care aren't typically the people who post on places like the official forums.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Jessibelle wrote:Blizz is disrespectful? Really? I'm sorry but this is not your game. It's theirs. As everyone said above me....we bitched and moaned that we were uneven with horde. Blizz didn't promise us some super special mount, did they? No. They didn't. Our 'super special' thing is Running Wild, which the Horde is still pissed at the Alliance for having since Tauren never got theirs back. They gave us 2 mounts, just like we asked, to even the numbers.

I'd say if anyone is disrespectful, it's the people still whining despite the mounts are not the same as Stormwinds.
It's their game, but they're not making it for themselves. They're making it for their players.
They don't have to promise us with every mount it will be special - because that's the standard. You don't expect people to promise they won't steal from shops - because you expect it to be a standard of decency. Different races have different mounts, end of story.
I never complained about mount inequality. All I said was 'I wish Worgen had normal mounts as opposed to running wild'. Adding things just to fill up numbers is very unusual of Blizzard. They always had high standards, putting quality over quantity. This is breaking this tradition, and I fear for the future - that they may do more and more stuff just for the sheer quantity - and this will be the death of WoW - WoW itself, not any "WoW killer" game.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Worgens are still humans. It is a curse not a gene, Crowly has a human daughter and was human until gilneas was attacked by marauding worgen. His daughter is still human.

Horses are the standard mount for humans. Worgen is a name for the humans who fell to the curse. Not in all of gilneas is there another viable mount that would actually be worth the trouble to domesticate when horses were the only mounts humans bred for use, it would be futile to decide to be 'different' and break stags in, specially because they are hunted for meat not to ride, horse meat is awful.

They are not breaking tradition because these are 1. As tyger said, filler mounts, and 2. They are in, in some way whether wild or mounted a key part to the quest zone and the quest lines, and 3. While there were white and pinto horses present there (which still makes me say they should give us the other colors and give goblins newly colored trikes), the black and brown horses were the most prominent so it seemed only right to Blizz to use those two skins im guessing.

These are not supposed to be unique mounts because Worgens are Humans

Also, i highly doubt blizz will change them now with the whole idea of how they were gonna introduce them to the game already implimented in the PTR, i like it, i like it a lot, and i like that they tip their heads to graze, all i wish was for the 2 colors that were present as mounts (but not wild) that were seen in the start zone.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Yep and again - people need to remember that Blizzard considers running wild the equivalent of an interesting and exciting racial mount. Not all players may agree but when someone talks about Blizzard short-changing worgen by not putting the same amount of work into their "mount" as with other races, it's not true - they worked just as hard to make running wild look the way it does and work the way it does, as they did on hawkstriders, kodos, raptors or any other mount.

The mountain horses really don't even have a place in that debate; if anything, Blizzard probably considers worgen to have "1 1/2" mounts, not less.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agree 100% with Worba and Xakaal.

Also...really? the end of wow? Because of filler mounts? /facepalm

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm pretty sure makeing running wild work was harder than makeing a new mount skin.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

^

while its in the spellbook it is considered mechanics wise a mount, so there ya go ^-^ you are your own mount (well it was already obvious that you were your own mount but yea cows right as to how complicated it must of been to create) so shhhhhh :P

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |