So, you know how we weren't getting expanded stables?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: So, you know how we weren't getting expanded stables?

Unread post by Miacoda »

Kalliope wrote:MMO got it wrong; it's 30 extra slots.
Oops didn't even notice that (numbers are not my forte x_x takes me a while to remember them sometimes) I was too busy loling at the continuation of "all the dinosaurs" XD

Looks like they fixed it though! :D

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Boven wrote:I've been trying rather hard to remind myself of the caveat that this is still just on the PTR and could change.
That's really just butt-coverage. Ghostcrawler and Noah have both confirmed that this is truly happening. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Wonderful (and about time too)! ;) As a roleplayer, I enjoy having many pets. I may not fill all of the these slots, but it's good to know they will be there if I choose to.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a bit annoyed about a total of 50 slots. Mainly because I have 6 hunters. I would've been happy with 30 flat.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

WildcatTM wrote:I'm not gonna lie. I'm a bit annoyed about a total of 50 slots. Mainly because I have 6 hunters. I would've been happy with 30 flat.
I don't see how having six hunters affects how you use your stables... It's not like you *have* to fill them.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Many, many apologies in advance, but this requires a raid of my 'shocked/happy/omg/want' gif folders-...

SOMEONE PINCH ME.

It's like all my WoW dreams are slowly, slowly coming true. Omghfhtfhgh. I would've been absolutely thrilled with five, nevermind an entire thirty-- I can't describe my joy! This is just beyond the boundaries of fantagmasmic if it really does come to live servers!

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Did anyone else's first thought when this happened include "I guess Ghostcrawler retired his mage for now again and picked his hunter back up?"
Kalliope

Myzou wrote:Did anyone else's first thought when this happened include "I guess Ghostcrawler retired his mage for now again and picked his hunter back up?"
Mine was (after nfdkasjfdnaskfe gibberish) "Noah wins another one for us!" :mrgreen: Whether this is specifically his doing or not, I have no doubt that he was lobbying for us - he knows exactly what problems we've been facing.

I did grin at the ALL THE DINOSAURS response from GC, though. He was undoubtedly one of the devs who caved to let us have this bounty of riches. :)

YouTube Edition

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

i have 4 hunters to fill up with but i am SOOOOO not complaining.so if you don't want more stables then don't use th 30 slots.its easy.........FILL UP THOSE SLOTS NOW!
Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

I can finally re-tame those 15 pets that i had at some point during my hunting career and that i sadly had to let go, i'm so happy!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Personally, AND THIS IS ONLY FOR ME, I hope it's a bug. Happy that others are happy but at this point it's getting ridiculous in my opinion. That's to many.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kalliope

zedxrgal wrote:Personally, AND THIS IS ONLY FOR ME, I hope it's a bug. Happy that others are happy but at this point it's getting ridiculous in my opinion. That's to many.
It's not a bug. Multiple devs have confirmed.

YouTube Edition

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

zedxrgal wrote:Personally, AND THIS IS ONLY FOR ME, I hope it's a bug. Happy that others are happy but at this point it's getting ridiculous in my opinion. That's to many.
I agree myself, I never wanted this many stable slots, but it's most definitely not a bug, so we'll just have to accept it. It's not too bad, as long as I don't let my stables get carried away hopefully.

I'm going to try to only make modest additions, just grab a few familiar faces that I wouldn't mind having back, and that's about it. I know it's easy for people to say "If you don't want more pets, then don't tame any." but it's not that simple really. If the space is there it's hard to justify not picking up an old friend, even if you had reasons to let them go in the past. I'm sad about this removing the hard decision factor since it used to let me keep a nice solid lineup of pets that I knew were there because I wanted them to be, but that's how I've always liked dealing with my pets personally. Having a limit, to me, ensured a stronger bond.

Again, though, this seems to be what we have now. Though I wouldn't have chose it myself, I'm just going to make the best of it, and I am genuinely glad for people who have been wanting an expanded stable.
Kalliope

Yeah, personally, I'm not sure what to do with quite so much space and am restricting myself from filling up every spot with pets I may not feel strongly about. It's a different sort of challenge than cramming them all in....still hard, though. At least now, erring on the side of caution is possible. :)

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

If I am being honest with myself, I use MAYBE 5 of the pets I have now. 2 I switch out regularly (wolf for main stuff, turtle for heavy tanky stuff) and others are niche (such as spirit beast for heal). the collector/hoarder in me loves 55 slots but I am not kidding myself, most wont see the light of day just as they dont now.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm pretty neutral about the whole thing. I never used all my stable slots, after all. None of my hunters ever reached the 25 pet mark at any point. I never even looked at the second page of my stable for most of my huntering career. That, of course, meant I had tons of spare space, and no reason not to fill my entire stable up then and there.

But I dunno, the limits of the stable itself mean very little to me. It's the feeling I get when I look at my stable that I find most important. See, I don't switch out my active pets much. Once a week, maybe, but usually less often than that. So when I go to my stables, I want choosing each of my five pets to be a huge battle. I want every single pet in my stable to be one I'm dying to use. When I do that, it suddenly makes choosing my pets a personal experience. These pets mean something to me. It's not just swapping out pixels anymore. And when a pet doesn't call to me like that, doesn't fight to get in my active stable, then I can't keep the pet. I feel bad, like I'm ignoring them. No matter the pet's story, if that point is reached, I feel better when they're just not in my stable anymore.

What that means, though, is that I very, very rarely get above 15 pets. It doesn't matter that I can tame plenty more: I know I won't use them, so why even bother? I know I'll just browse through them, feel bad, and go back to the pets I truly want to use. That way, no amount of stable space can devalue my pets in any way.

/ramble off

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Yeah I don't use many of my current pets. The only pets I'll be adding will be missing raid buffs etc. and that's about it. Right now I'm just so happy with what I currently have (though I totally need a pterrorwing) I hardly have time for my other pets. I am glad for this greater freedom though (even if I no longer don't have an excuse to my raid leader to not get a sporebat) and no longer having to worry about more pets I want being put in (plenty of room now) though.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I know a lot of time, the pet I use is based not on its looks, but its ability. If I could choose which buff each pet got, I would probably use a different pet every day, just with the same general buffs I run with. I am just tickled pink about the added stable slots, and don't want to seem like I am looking a gift horse in the mouth. I just know it won't affect the pets I actually use, only the pets I hoard :lol:, whereas being able to choose buffs would drastically change what I roll with day by day. Oh well, pie in the sky!

Edit: changed wording.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I admire the people that aren't going to completely fill up their stables, I don't have the willpower to do that :) But then again, I don't have a problem releasing pets back into the wild either, so a full stable is not traumatic for me. I do miss the special bond I had with all my pets when we just had two (the third slot for temp pets until max level), but even now I have some that are more special than the rest, so I guess I still have that in a way.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Not sure why anyone would oppose this - you don't need to fill up your stables. O_o Just leave space empty.