More stormvine

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Ghostred
Realm: Whisperwind Nessingwary

More stormvine

Unread post by Ghostred »

I am one of those "lucky" hunters who has never, ever seen a spirit beast in the wild. I have camped them when I have time, and I have done fly-bys, usually to see several other hunters camping them. I reluctantly decided a spirit beast just wasn't for me. The only time I was lucky about anything was the first day I got Ricket's quest in Deepholm, Jadefang was up and I did kill her for the pet. I knew I would keep the bombs for another day and Jadefang would be mine. I'm still waiting to catch her again. Three months later.

I never went gah-gah over any of the spirit beast. So, other than Loque', I wasn't really all that upset. After all, I'm still buying those eggs for my green mount. But for some reason, GhostCrawler was different for me. I wanted that crab. I really wanted that crab.

The minute I hit 85 I was back off to Vash to look for him. Only once did I find another hunter there. I would frequently see another herbalist gathering stormvine, but not a hunter. Every chance I got I went to Vash to spend a couple of hours in fruitless swimming...pet dismissed upon arriving, just in case.

On Saturday night, I was camping Jadefang and literally fell asleep in my nice comfy chair while waiting for a spawn. This was about 2:00 am when I lost my hour to Daylight Savings. Around 3:00 I woke up, hearthed back to Org and logged out and fell promptly back to sleep..in my comfy chair.

4:30 am came around and I realized I wasn't so comfy anymore and woke up. Ohh, look, tennis channel is repeating the day's matches. And then I thought, what the heck, log back in to WoW and take a look at the dismal reef. So, even though I was sleepy eyed, I gave it a go.

I arrived, dismissed my pet, turned on track beasts along with my track herbs, and started swimming. With one eye on the minimap and another on the screen, I gathered the ever spawning stormvine. Up the west coast, down the west coast, up the middle, down the west coast, collecting my herb. About an hour had passed and I decided it was time to really call it a night and get some decent sleep.

I started to head out going east and spotted that little yellow dot to my right. Okay, one last gather of stormvine and I'm hearthing to Org. As I came up to the yellow dot I looked for the stormvine but couldn't see it. There was this blue color in front of me. Blue irridescent. Blue. I swam a little closer. Blue. BLUUUUUE. Ghostcrawler. OMG, OMG, OMG, Ghostcrawler, OMG I tagged him, praying he wouldn't disappear in front of my eyes and without even looking to see if I was in range, hit tame pet. Zoom, he's nerfing me. Haha, he's nerfing me. What had I read about how hard he hit? I couldn't even remember. Then whoosh, he moved next to me and asked to be fed. Being a dutiful master, he immediately got the best roasted beef I could find in my pack.

For some reason, I really wanted to keep his heritage as to who he was when naming him. I thought of some cute names like Nerfcrab or Greg, but then decided Ghostscrawlr was just right. I only wish they allowed a few more letters in names so I could add that last "e". And an apostrophe.

I love my new baby. I am so proud to have him by my side.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: More stormvine

Unread post by Cialbi »

Try Ocypode, the taxonomic classification of ghost crabs. Just a thought.
Anyways, nice story, and glad that you've finally got yourself a Spirit Beast to heal you!
Oh, and this ought to be humorous: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/137.html
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Bastor
Realm: EU-Die Todeskrallen

Unread post by Bastor »

Actually, I named him Ghostcrawler, you can't put the e, because you put an accidental s behind Ghost.
Ghostred
Realm: Whisperwind Nessingwary

Unread post by Ghostred »

I know it looks like it, Bastor, but it's not an accidental s. I wanted to name him Ghost'scrawler. But not matter. I'm a happy hunter. It's given me hope to find Madexx. Thanks, Petopians, for giving me a new "fever". :lol: