Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote: I know you were guessing. I was just making my comment on it. Most guilds are lucky to reach lvl 5 with how Blizzard set things up.
Thats fine Talu, It just came off a little directed rather that topical tis all, considering you were making your comment directly concerning our comments/guesses. All good however.

I do feel rather sad for those in a much smaller/personal sized guild that don't have the capacity to lvl their guild with the same gusto in which larger guilds can, simply due to numbers. It's blizzards design however and they may revisit it at a later date, it would be ever so great... but until then, I do feel your pain regarding the matter.

I must admit it would be a daunting task to try and work out interesting/new ways of introducing new mounts without stepping on the majority of wow players toes, and while still making it the mount it's self cool/obtainable/interesting/unique/statuesque/etc.... I'm defiantly glad to not be in their position at times. :D
Hehe. Sorry, wasnt meant to be like an attack. Just irritated at how Blizzard set up the rep thing. I liked how they had it when Cata first released. People actually stood a chance with lesser numbers then. My guild on alliance is lvl 10 but its still a very slow drag to get that high with maybe 15 - 20 people active.

hehe....and sorry comett but just because your guild is high doesnt mean everyone elses guilds are. You can't say "Thats not unfair!" if you aren't going to look at the whole picture. Each server is different. Middle ground would be making it NOT a guild achievement.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I more think these early model shots are interesting because you can actually sort of see where all the parts came from. The head/front legs look to be from Sambas/the Alliance mount, the wings came from the Val'kyr, and the hindquarters come from the Tol'vir. To me, that's fascinating. I'll be interesting to see how this looks once it's got the proper skins and detailing on it.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

This thing is so incomplete I'm going to guess it s the new sparkly pony and we won't see it till the end of this expansion and can only get it by buying it for $30 (BoA of course) :mrgreen:

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

If its a TCG mount I am going.. to.. glare at blizzard for a very long time. And I dont think it would be an raid achievment mount cause isnt there already one? so either a rep mount or one you spend money on. Thats one I would actually spend actual money on thats for sure!

I think actually.. its a mount you get for "Smack the garrosh" where you go up and slap Garrosh in the face, Garrosh then turns hostile and chases you all over orgrimmar until you are picked up by this beauty! (don't ask.. but this is the result of waiting for long for pvp ques)

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I knew as soon as I saw the title on MMO-Champ I was gonna spaz. Even unfinished he is absolutely GORGEOUS! I have always loved cats- big and small, and even before the Catwings book came out, I was running around as a child pretending to be a cat with wings lol. My favorite character in Rudolph is King Moonracer, a majestic lion with wings. When I was Horde I LOVED that I could have a MANTICORE as a mount! If this could be the new reward for collecting mounts I would be the happiest person ever. If it were a card game reward I would be unhappy, it was annoying getting the ones I have already. As for it being purchased from Blizzard? I would be fine with that. I loved the Celestial Steed until I saw how moronic it looks when running or flying (mostly flying), due to the animations for the skeleton being created for a beast with a totally different foot structure :( I do not regret buying it at all, and it's great for alts for first ground/flyers, but I don't- I just can't love it how I used to before those issues were so glaringly obvious and unable to be ignored :cry: . I would be equally happy with it being a rep grind, even if it was added to the Ramkahen QM as a Cenarion Hippo type mount- a gold-sink. But yeh... 125 mount reward please! :o
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

It kinda reminds me of a windrider, especially the end of the tail. I wonder if it might be a plan to re-texture the old mounts?

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

FLYING KITTY!!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!

Okay, now that I got that out of my system...

A mount this cool isn't going to be easy to get, I think that's certain. But, I'm hoping it won't be another, next-to-impossible raid achieve/TCG/0.001% drop/Be part of a HUGE guild mount. I'm sick of those.

I think the fairest way to make it possible for a larger amount of players to get this is make it a rep mount. I actually really liked the rep grinds for my Nether Dragons, Nether Rays, Talbaks and Cenerian Hippogriff and Red Drake. I was hoping they'd have more achieve mounts in Cata, since Wrath was rather lacking in them compared to BC, but no luck yet. I'd especially like something like the Netherdrake grind, since that was actually pretty fun, and only took a couple weeks. Booterang FTW!

Or, how about this: a pair of flying mounts we can get via a quest chain like the Vemonhide Ravasaur or Winterspring Frostsaber in 4.1?

And yes, I wouldn't be too upset if this lion was Alliance-only if we Horde got a cool winged Scorpid.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Rhapture wrote:It kinda reminds me of a windrider, especially the end of the tail. I wonder if it might be a plan to re-texture the old mounts?
I really really REALLY hope so. I hate these wyverns... So ugly...
Carmindy
Realm: Maiev

Unread post by Carmindy »

Rhapture wrote:It kinda reminds me of a windrider, especially the end of the tail. I wonder if it might be a plan to re-texture the old mounts?
As much as I would LOVE this, I'm not overly optimistic. Blizz seems to be on a spree of "new" rather than "revamp." And I know it's still a WIP but the wings are from the shoulders, not connected to the front arms. Not to say I wouldn't want to be proven wrong. Every time I see a windrider, I cry, especially when I see a gryphon next to it. It has so much potential, but is just so piecemeal.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Bulletdance wrote:We haven't had a purchasable mount since flying sparkle pony, there is a chance this might be the next one.
I really hope so. Don't want to ride on wyverns or bronze drake for my alts! :cry:
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Carmindy wrote:
As much as I would LOVE this, I'm not overly optimistic. Blizz seems to be on a spree of "new" rather than "revamp." And I know it's still a WIP but the wings are from the shoulders, not connected to the front arms. Not to say I wouldn't want to be proven wrong. Every time I see a windrider, I cry, especially when I see a gryphon next to it. It has so much potential, but is just so piecemeal.

The Wyverns are actually Manticores, which may be why you guys think they are 'ugly'. I have to say I disagree! They can be tweaked a little, but so can the Gryphons, because they are the same as Wyverns, great, but could be polished up. The Lion mount is just a winged lion, like a pegasus, if they re-did the Wyverns, they would still have membranous wings like bats/dragons. The tail kinda looks like Sambas in camo, it will change if they change the texture a bit, or if it's supposed to be stone-ish, it kinda has that feel already :D
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

Given the combination of "fancy" and "pretty unlike anything we currently have" I wouldn't be surprised by this being Sparklepony 2.0. Else, maybe one of the stupidly-rare, jump-through-hoops-on-a-heroic-25man-raid-and-hope-one-drops mount, a la Ashes of Al'ar/Mimiron's Head. Boy do I hope not, but if this screams Uldum and we end up with an Uldum raid....

Switching mid-stream from "you get a drake for heroic achievements!" to a winged kitty seems unlikely, if only because it'd be breaking a pattern we've had going for awhile now.
Kaswryn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: (US) Lothar+Grizzly Hills (A) Alleria+Khadgar (H)

Unread post by Kaswryn »

Sasrei wrote:If its a TCG mount I am going.. to.. glare at blizzard for a very long time. And I dont think it would be an raid achievment mount cause isnt there already one? so either a rep mount or one you spend money on. Thats one I would actually spend actual money on thats for sure!
Seconded :|
Sasrei wrote: I think actually.. its a mount you get for "Smack the garrosh" where you go up and slap Garrosh in the face, Garrosh then turns hostile and chases you all over orgrimmar until you are picked up by this beauty! (don't ask.. but this is the result of waiting for long for pvp ques)
:lol: I want the mount so bad I think I'd actually be willing to try that on an ally toon to get it.

I really hope it's a rep grind or store mount though. /crossfingers

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Jessibelle, my experiences are on a number of servers... with plenty of high level guilds. Just because your experience is with low level guilds does not make that an indicator of the majority of players. I was trying to explain my viewpoint from a very average level in-game... my apologies that you misread that. "Just because so-and-so is in a low level guild and won't get it, this mount as a reward isn't fair" being a load of tosh is how I feel, as with many other topics claiming that "it's unfair" because choice or circumstance demands so-and-so can't get every item ingame he wants. I think it's perfectly fair. :) But my original response was a generalised comment, not aimed at you... so.

If flying cat is available through easier means, great. If not, I for one am really tired of everyone bitching all the time about how unfair everything is just because they can't get it bawww. There needs to be rewards for people who CAN and DO dedicate the time or else they have nothing to aim for... but I think I said that before and it was ignored? Oh well.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Comett wrote:Jessibelle, my experiences are on a number of servers... with plenty of high level guilds. Just because your experience is with low level guilds does not make that an indicator of the majority of players. I was trying to explain my viewpoint from a very average level in-game... my apologies that you misread that. "Just because so-and-so is in a low level guild and won't get it, this mount as a reward isn't fair" being a load of tosh is how I feel, as with many other topics claiming that "it's unfair" because choice or circumstance demands so-and-so can't get every item ingame he wants. I think it's perfectly fair. :) But my original response was a generalised comment, not aimed at you... so.

If flying cat is available through easier means, great. If not, I for one am really tired of everyone bitching all the time about how unfair everything is just because they can't get it bawww. There needs to be rewards for people who CAN and DO dedicate the time or else they have nothing to aim for... but I think I said that before and it was ignored? Oh well.
So you're saying a low level guild isn't dedicated despite they work as hard as anyone else in a high level guild. I'm on many servers too. You're seeing something different than I am. You're in a high guild and can get the achievements so you're mad cause people that aren't in a high level guild are asking Blizzard to give us a good looking mount that we dont have to be in a high level guild to get. I fail to see how that's even logical but that's just me. I believe in fairness to all. Not everyone is in a high level guild. Not everyone can raid and jump through hoops to get those raid-only mounts. Fair would be to make it available to all....like putting it in a Blizzard Store or making it so you do all the cata dungeon achievements or have done all the cata dungeons atleast once. All the drakes we have ingame currently, you gotta bust your rumpus to get them. THAT is the main reason people are 'bitching'. We want something where we DONT have to bust our asses for or pray it drops on a .1% chance and pray we win it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't understand where this is discussion is going. It IS possible even for a really small guild to eventually reach level 25, right? In which case it's just a matter of having patience.

My guild has very few motivated people. We struggle to get 10 people to turn up for raids even with some pugs from another guild, so we more often don't than do. Few people do many dailies regularly. We're still level 15 now. For the 50k critters I had to kill 35k of them on my own, but I accept that if I choose to stay in a tiny guild I have to work harder for what I want. It's my choice.

If this mount was only available through an achievement that actually required 10+ people (such as a raid achievement) then I can understand it would be frustrating, though. But that wouldn't normally require an all-guild group anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yes it is possible for a small uild to get to lvl 25 theres nothing stoping it.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It is possible. I wasn't saying it wasn't. But it takes a very long time because of how the system is set up, making it not fair to them if a guild full of 500 people can get it within a week or less. I've yet to see a 'small guild' right now at lvl 20. I've seen 500+ member guilds at 22 though.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Jessibelle wrote:So you're saying a low level guild isn't dedicated despite they work as hard as anyone else in a high level guild. I'm on many servers too. You're seeing something different than I am. You're in a high guild and can get the achievements so you're mad cause people that aren't in a high level guild are asking Blizzard to give us a good looking mount that we dont have to be in a high level guild to get. I fail to see how that's even logical but that's just me. I believe in fairness to all. Not everyone is in a high level guild. Not everyone can raid and jump through hoops to get those raid-only mounts.

Sadly this Is just the nature of the beast sometimes Talu, and It's not always fair to everyone involved, all the time. I could use Mim's head for example. I could make a statement about "how much I <3 that mount and how unfair it is that blizzard has made it impossible for me to get as I don't/didn't have a guild raiding high enough to have a chance to get it, what about the little guys, it's unfair"... But like I said, tis the nature of the beast sometimes, we have to play by their rules. Sucks sometimes?... sure, still really want to get it none the less?... of course :lol:

Jessibelle wrote: Fair would be to make it available to all....like putting it in a Blizzard Store or making it so you do all the cata dungeon achievements or have done all the cata dungeons atleast once.

To be fair, I know some people whom don't have access to Credit cards, so yeah, possibly not avalible for everyone. :? But I do understand that if they were to make it avalible via the bliz shop it would be vastly more accessible to more people faster, rather than and achievement or reward of some sort.

Jessibelle wrote:All the drakes we have ingame currently, you gotta bust your rumpus to get them. THAT is the main reason people are 'bitching'. We want something where we DONT have to bust our asses for or pray it drops on a .1% chance and pray we win it.

Bitching about your frustrations regarding the difficulty in obtaining some of these mounts is fine, called for in some cases ;), just try and aim your frustrations at those rumpus busting dragons rather than one anothers too much :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Jessibelle wrote:It is possible. I wasn't saying it wasn't. But it takes a very long time because of how the system is set up, making it not fair to them if a guild full of 500 people can get it within a week or less. I've yet to see a 'small guild' right now at lvl 20. I've seen 500+ member guilds at 22 though.
You don't even need a large guild full of 500 people. All it takes is 30-40 people doing the daily's every day and doing raid runs a guild. I think the reason the smaller guilds take longer is because they have a different play style and don't all do the daily's like the larger guilds do. Mine guild isn't a huge guild but we are pretty close lvl 20 right now.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!