Not a cat person.

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Not a cat person.

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I looked at Caboodle's stables today. Gosh-Haldir, Humar, Echeyakee, and Shadra. A croc, two(!) cats and a spider. I don't like cats, so I really have no idea why I end up having so many. I have two cats on my main as well. I go "agh!" at Crow and Kit, shake my fist and swear they'll be the only cats I ever have, because they don't slobber. But I need to nip this cat habit in the bud. I'm a tauren! I don't need no cats!

Unfortunately I'm in STV, fighting off the urge to go give King B the love he deserves and staring long and hard at every tiger I pass. No more cats! No more cats! But I want a new pet...

I go "Isn't there a croc around here?" and look it up. Mahamba. Yuss. I like her. She's pretty. And I've been ignoring my poor Bit...maybe she just needs to come back slightly greener?

Dead-set on Mahamba I set out to do circles for the STV trio. No gorilla, it's okay, I don't want one. No...well, no Mahamba. Poo. I'll circle back ar-AWOOOGA GODDAMMIT POGEYAN GO AWAY

Cat, you are damn lucky there was a warlock heading in your general direction when I saw you, otherwise you would be dead and I'd come back and skin you and sell you on the AH. I don't like cats.
Pictured: Caboodle and "Goddamn Cat".
Pictured: Caboodle and "Goddamn Cat".
WoWScrnShot_031611_011746.jpg (161.27 KiB) Viewed 882 times
So why do I like you?

Spent the next ten minutes mumbling about how I didn't want this cat but I didn't want it to die, and- wait a minute.
Is that...?
Is that...?
WoWScrnShot_031611_013135.jpg (260.66 KiB) Viewed 882 times

PUTTING MY WRITING PANTS ON. YEAAH.

The feline god batted a searing claw at his companion playfully. "I know this girl," He began, his voice rough like he had been inhaling smoke. His friend shot a cold glance in his direction, her tone dark and quiet as she murmured back a curt, "Is that so?".

"I think you'd like her." He continued, the word 'like' emphasized enough to where her eyes visibly narrowed at him. "Like? Like? Do you forget who I am, fire god? I am the rivers that course these rotten jungles, I am the whirlpool that can shred man and beast alike unforgiving. I can turn you into smoke, cat," She spat, and he cut her off. "And I can dry you up like the fun-sucker you are, ya' big lizard. Humor me. Go see how she is."

His gaze never faltered when she stared at him, loathing radiating from her short, squat being. But, he reminded himself, every rapid has a point of calm waters. And so did she. Narrowing her eyes further, she let out a hiss. "Very well. We shall see."

It is!
It is!
WoWScrnShot_031611_014005.jpg (158.56 KiB) Viewed 882 times
"So...?" He began, bounding to her side as she basked in the sun the following day. "How did it go?"

A hint of a smile curved at the edges of her mouth, something swept away rather quickly. "She is...acceptable. A suitable companion." And with those words spoken, she hauled herself from the sand and back into the river, where the fire spirit could not follow.

"Mahamba!" He yelled after her, dipping his claws into the water with a burst of steam as he watched her frame fade into the murky deep. "I'm sorry I called you a fun-sucker!"

He chuckled to himself, taking her sunbathing spot in the sand. "...acceptable?"

TL;DR: Got my croc, and got another cat. Even though I didn't want to. ;P

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Not a cat person.

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wow, sounds like Pogeyan was quite the lucky charm. :D
Congrats on your new pretties, even if you think you didn't want another cat. :P

Mahamba looks fabulous next to your hunter, by the way. Something about her blue and your white just pops. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

The more I look at Pog the more I like him. He does the yawnslobber, but it's endearing almost and I think I plan on keeping him. But no more cats!

And I agree on Mahamba. :) I love love looove the stripes on her tail. I kept meaning to get her or her common variant on Veeka, but it looks better with Caboodle.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm thinking my worgen huntress might have to go take a look at Pog even though she's already got a panther she really likes. >_>

I've found that Gosh looks really good with orcs (I believe that's what Veeka is if I remember right, correct me if I'm wrong). Depending on her skin tone, the white might look all right too.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Thanks for a fun story and grats on your unplanned tames! I love the ones that worm their way into your heart. :D