Server restart 5 minutes... OMFG!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Layiaissa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Shandris, Bladefist, Quel'dorei

Server restart 5 minutes... OMFG!

Unread post by Layiaissa »

(I posted this on the official hunter forum earlier today, so if it looks familiar, there you are. :P)

So my daughter and I had about fifteen minutes to go before we had to leave for preschool this morning. I've been questing/camping in Zul'Drak for almost a week now, looking for the elusive purple spirit kitty, so I thought what the heck. I was a little bummed to see the restart warning on the sign in screen, but it let me log in. 12 minutes should be plenty to do a quick swing over to prove it's not there, right? Right.

I started by the stairs going clock wise. My daughter is making jokes about blue two headed llamas being easier to find as we fly over the crater. I was a little relieved to see it not be at the spot with all the other frost leopards and bears, and resigned to another failure after the temple. I'm flying over the pools to hit the inn when I notice a herb that wasn't marked by my Gatherer yet. I moused over it on my mini map, and went into shock. Gondria? Really? Now? Check my count-down, five minutes.

I quickly land, and begin fumbling for an ice trap before I remembered to switch to BM. I lock on, hit tame... And another leopard eats my ice trap, and now my precious kitty has brought a friend to the taming. %*##! I'm dead! Release with three and a half minutes left, not knowing whether I could get back to my body in time...

Thankfully, it only took about thirty seconds to run back and rez. Pop a minor healing potion, then realize my haste potions are now on a one minute cooldown. As I'm telling my four year old to never repeat that word I just said, I plop down to eat a cookie. Well, that damn ice-eating leopard is back. I have to summon my pet to help me beat that one off, and then dismiss it again. This is taking too long...

Dropped another trap, clicked on my target, hit concussive shot, and began taming. This time, she pounced right onto it. My heart is racing, and a little voice is in my ear saying "Go.. go... go..." And then, the ice melts, and she shrinks up and comes to stand by my side. I begin throwing her fish as I run for the flight point. We took a couple of seconds to admire her, and logged out with about a minute on the timer.

She's mine, she's mine, she's mine! /happydance /hugs everyone

The short version: After about a week of fly overs, I have Gondria as my first spirit beast! WOOOOOOOT!

thanks to Kurenio and TygerDarkStorm for the sigs

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Re: Server restart 5 minutes... OMFG!

Unread post by Pent »

The first is free... you'll have to pay dearly for more.

Huge GRATS!
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Server restart 5 minutes... OMFG!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Comett