New hell hound pet....maybe?

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

New hell hound pet....maybe?

Unread post by evil950510 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHnJozCl ... re=related I found this guy while checking out another post. It will most likely be undead or a demon, but it does use the model for the hell dogs, which were demons as well.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: New hell hound pet....maybe?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I will overload with happiness if one of those models is somehow nudged into the Dog family or as a Spirit Beast, though I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

They're so clearly demonic and/or elemental....I'm not sure if something that is entirely composed of bone and fire can really be tameable. Though we do have some elemental fire-type pets (Core hounds, lava tarantulas, etc), they all have solid bodies...these seem on a bit of a different level, they have the same details of those skeletal wind serpents that make me hesitant that they could be seen as true beasts.

I definitely wouldn't care about all that though if I could just have one for myself. :D Hee, just playing devil's advocate there on reasons why they may not be tameable...still, we can cross our fingers! I think a Spirit Beast could be a potentially awesome niche for one, but throwing a special version into the Dog family would work fine as well. I also love that they use the demon hound base and animations...I've always loved their movements, and before now I think they were unique to the demon hounds alone.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I see them as a Spirit beast type...Not realy dog. I mean they are all bone and on fire. We didnt get bone raptors, probably wont get them
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Those would be AWESOME to have! Alas, I'd not get your hopes up. It looks too much like a demon or elemental. If anything, they'd give something like that to Warlocks.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

OMFG! Awesome!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I believe there was word from Noah somewhere that skeletal-type beasts were never meant to be tameable. I don't know where the post is but it shot down the "but undead eagles/wolves/bears/unicorns!" argument in that those types of pets are meant to look simply very sick and not dead. We aren't meant to be able to tame dead things and that is...very clearly dead, along with the skeletal wind serpents and raptors.

I highly doubt it would go to Warlocks as well. It's most likely going to be instance trash of some sort or a mob for the Firelands dailies. While it is very cool(haha), I just can't see it becoming tameable.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

:shock: I'd definitely tame one of the red ones if they were made tameable, but I'm betting they will be undead. ;)

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd like that on my lock more than on my hunter. Like firey hellhound from hell kind of thing.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Thing is awesome looking but .............................. seriously doubt it would be a tamable mob. But oh that would be cool!!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*drool*
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nubhorns wrote:I believe there was word from Noah somewhere that skeletal-type beasts were never meant to be tameable. I don't know where the post is but it shot down the "but undead eagles/wolves/bears/unicorns!" argument in that those types of pets are meant to look simply very sick and not dead. We aren't meant to be able to tame dead things and that is...very clearly dead, along with the skeletal wind serpents and raptors.
It went something along the lines of me pointing out the Diseased Hawks (which were NOT tameable at that time on the beta) and saying they should probably be set as undead and not beasts. Instead he set them to tameable and said they weren't dead just "really sick" ;)

The hellhounds mentioned here look beautiful. They've been brought up a few times on the forums, but I suspect if they're anyone's pets it'd be warlocks. They really don't look like there's much living material in them. But who knows?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Wain wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:I believe there was word from Noah somewhere that skeletal-type beasts were never meant to be tameable. I don't know where the post is but it shot down the "but undead eagles/wolves/bears/unicorns!" argument in that those types of pets are meant to look simply very sick and not dead. We aren't meant to be able to tame dead things and that is...very clearly dead, along with the skeletal wind serpents and raptors.
It went something along the lines of me pointing out the Diseased Hawks (which were NOT tameable at that time on the beta) and saying they should probably be set as undead and not beasts. Instead he set them to tameable and said they weren't dead just "really sick" ;)

The hellhounds mentioned here look beautiful. They've been brought up a few times on the forums, but I suspect if they're anyone's pets it'd be warlocks. They really don't look like there's much living material in them. But who knows?
Ah, I see. :P Close enough, at least. Thanks for the clarification!

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Those do look very epic but I do believe there going to be part of the Firelands raid. Trash or possibly a mini boss ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

/want O.O

...but, probably will be a undead or demon. Would make an awesome SB, but.... *sigh* we hunters can dream. =P

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Some of the spirit beasts look freaky, too. This would make an excellent pet as a spirit beast or even perhaps as a warlock pet, if they ever get around to warlock customization.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Wain wrote:

with that logic karoma gondria and arcturis where either never living in the first place or are technically some form of death or transcendant living......so its theoretically possible that these hounds could become beasts....therE are stranger things in the game now sale spiders are in all aspects elementals in the shape of a spider....not actual spiders and they became tameable.

still i wont count on these being added but maybe blizzard will toss one in as a spirit beast
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I've beed speculating over this with another hunter on facebook. x.x

We both very much want.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Can definately see it as demon/undead unfortunately. No way they'd give us something that awesome. *while secretely hoping they do* :P

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

We can always dream, though I agree with the one post. Spirit Beasts like Gondria, Arcturis and Karoma are not living either, and if you add in the Ghost Hydra's that were formerly tameable... we do have a lot of 'odd' things we can tame as pets. Shale spiders, as mentioned, would be more classed as a 'Elemental' than as a 'Beast' but we've got them as beasts and they are tameable.

While these guys look more suited as a Demon/Undead we shouldn't really judge until there is more information known about them. For all we know Blizzard (Though I doubt they would) could throw us hunters a treat with one as a spirit beast or with one as tameable... who knows. They've been giving us hunters treats with certain things (YAY HYDRAS! And Yay for the Blue/White Tiger model <3) so let's hope they continue with the treats :P
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Drakkena wrote:We can always dream, though I agree with the one post. Spirit Beasts like Gondria, Arcturis and Karoma are not living either, and if you add in the Ghost Hydra's that were formerly tameable... we do have a lot of 'odd' things we can tame as pets. Shale spiders, as mentioned, would be more classed as a 'Elemental' than as a 'Beast' but we've got them as beasts and they are tameable.

While these guys look more suited as a Demon/Undead we shouldn't really judge until there is more information known about them. For all we know Blizzard (Though I doubt they would) could throw us hunters a treat with one as a spirit beast or with one as tameable... who knows. They've been giving us hunters treats with certain things (YAY HYDRAS! And Yay for the Blue/White Tiger model <3) so let's hope they continue with the treats :P
*imagines a mass of Petopians, all kneeling or crouched or bowed before Noah and the other devs, panting and whining, while they're asking, "Who wants a beggin strip? Huh? Huh? Who's a good hunter! Who's a good hunter! You are! Yesh joo are!"