Bound-on-....Battle.net Account items?!?!?!? ...err wut?

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Bound-on-....Battle.net Account items?!?!?!? ...err wut?

Unread post by Pent »

edit in for clarification: This is not including cross realm mailing... it is just from same accounts on one battle.net account, AND the characters have to be on the same server. (Mailing cross server is still out.)
Items
Account Bound Items
•Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
•Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
•Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.
Um... so... yeah... see all of those characters in my signature... this has just opened up a whole slew of opportunities...

Need.... more.... hunters....

I just hope that "Many" in the first line means BoA gear from the last expansion... plus some.
Last edited by Pent on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Re: Bound-on-....Battle.net Account items?!?!?!? OMG YES!

Unread post by Moore »

Yay :D

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I think I just peed my pants.

SO MUCH HAPPY AND I CAN'T CONTAIN IT OMGWTF.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The only thing that gets me is the way it's worded. It specifically says transferring heirlooms between accounts linked on the same battle.net. Does that mean I can trade them to my characters on the same account on different servers? Or is it exactly like it's worded and it's only for characters on the same server that happen to be on a second account?

They worded it really vague, in my opinion. =/

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Valashe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Valashe »

So far this has only been confirmed to be available as an account to account Heirloom transfer. That's nice but it really doesn't help the vast population of players that have alt-itus.

I'll reserve judgement until they clarify this and see if these items can be transfered within realms on the same battlenet account.

Queen of teh Squerlz!

View my stable!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valashe wrote:So far this has only been confirmed to be available as an account to account Heirloom transfer. That's nice but it really doesn't help the vast population of players that have alt-itus.

I'll reserve judgement until they clarify this and see if these items can be transfered within realms on the same battlenet account.
Urgh, that's what I was afraid of. =/ I was really hoping for cross-realm heirloom transferring. Oh well.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Valashe wrote:So far this has only been confirmed to be available as an account to account Heirloom transfer. That's nice but it really doesn't help the vast population of players that have alt-itus.
blargh! My hopes and dreams D: I hope they change it...
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Wait so... You can transfer to characters between accounts, but not on different servers on the same account? Blizzard, you're logic baffles me!

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

Hmm, good catch. I didn't read it that way when I first saw it.

Also, look at the second line...
•Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
Am I reading it incorrectly or does that sound redundant? You can only mail BoA (even though it doesn't specifically say BoA on that line) items to the same server (now) regardless of faction, but in the future the characters on the same battle.net account regardless of account will be able to get mail instantly. It almost sounds like the BoA swapping will be battle.net account-wide and if you only have one account then the items will arrive immediately where you send them on that one account too.

The following is VERY important... so read what I say... :P

What will stop people from sending their BoA items from account #1 to account #2... then sending the BoA items that arrived on account #2 BACK to account #1 but sending it to another server? Nothing, so even if you want to send your BoA items to a different server on the same account you should be able to... BUT if the wording above is 100% correct then you need two accounts on the battle.net account to do this. I just don't see Blizzard forcing people to purchase a second account just to swap BoAs... but who knows... they like money just like we all do.

I won't have a problem reactivating one of my other accounts to swap around BoAs if I need to... Spending $15 for one month is a lot better than grinding out seals and badges on a server that will require me to level up on before I can even do that.

(I agree that the wording of the patch notes on this subject is funny... hopefully it will be "fixed" and reworded where it is understandable pretty soon.)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

What I think it is, Pent, is swapping BoAs between 2 accounts on the *same* server, not different servers. That's how I read it--otherwise they would have said cross server transferring.

[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yep, this is pretty worthless.

It's a first step, though. It means that BoA work outside of just the game now, it's using BNet, which is a first step, at least.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Indeed, it is at least a first step. Let's hope they follow the path all the way through and eventually make it cross realm. :)

[/center]
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:What I think it is, Pent, is swapping BoAs between 2 accounts on the *same* server, not different servers. That's how I read it--otherwise they would have said cross server transferring.
Well, maybe, but who would want to share BoAs with their characters on the same server? That is what refer-a-friend is for... to get crazy XP fast.

What percent of the WoW population has at least two accounts and really wants to send BoAs to their other account on the same server? If there are players that actually WANT that... I don't see what is so great about it.

The only reason to EVER have another account that has characters on your main account's servers is for the RAF program... everything else is just stupid. (Well...unless I am not thinking of something that is "cool" about doing it...) :P

I have a total of four accounts (only one active now) and I would not send my BoAs over to my other account unless it was to send it back to my main account but to a different server... maybe I am the minority...

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If I could afford two accounts, I would do it so I could have both Alliance and Horde on the same server.

[/center]
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I wonder what is going on with the new BOA gear pieces that wow head found in the ptr files.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Pent »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:If I could afford two accounts, I would do it so I could have both Alliance and Horde on the same server.
(This is a fun post, so don't take it seriously.)

Why on earth would you do that? Having a Horde team and an Alliance team on the same server would be like... "I want two houses and I can choose for my second home to be anywhere I want, but I live in Detroit now... so my second house will be in.... Detroit too...three blocks over."

I would be like, "I live in Detroit now... so my second house would be in.... um... Glascow, Scotland." See how that is even MORE awesome?

But yeah... I see that the wording of the notes is really talking about accounts on the same server and not cross-realm mailing.... tis a sad day.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's sort of like wanting to play both sides of the fence, but doing it on the same server because all my BoAs and people I know are on it. :)

I know you were making that post to jest, and I'm not saying I personally would have two accounts as I've made a different server my home for Alliance toons. But there was a time when I'd considered it.

The main reason I'd run two accounts right now is for RP--I have two RP characters that have to be RPed together, but can't play them in game because I can't dual box.

[/center]
Valashe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Valashe »

Via twitter

WoWInsider WoW Insider
The change does NOT allow heirlooms to be mailed cross-server. Guess we're still waiting for that one.
43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Queen of teh Squerlz!

View my stable!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sad panda. :( With any luck, they'll work on it if this new idea of theirs ends up working.

[/center]
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valashe wrote:Via twitter

WoWInsider WoW Insider
The change does NOT allow heirlooms to be mailed cross-server. Guess we're still waiting for that one.
43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

what? What? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

OMG No!!! I just got all excited and happy for a moment when I read this cause I thought it meant cross server!

Crap! I need to read more carefully. It makes more sense now when I read it... Oh such a sad day... I was really hoping to send some of my heirlooms to another server so I could make a Goblin Hunter :( So sad....