Crazy idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Crazy idea

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Here's a crazy idea... I think Blizz should let us customize our pets like we can customize our hair. We should be able to go to the stable master and change the color of our pet. Of course they can charge us for it, but wouldn't that be cool? Then we could have the same but unique models! Maybe someone would want a green wolf to go with their green Nelf hair... Or a Pink owl... I know it's crazy, but you have to admit it would be cool...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Re: Crazy idea

Unread post by kairii »

if they did they wouldnt let us have cool colors :(
if they would they would probs only have colors for teh same model as it would save use just retaming teh same pet as we want a different color

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I think that'd take the fun out of hunting down the perfect pet.

I mean if I wanted to get a purple hyena, I could hunt one down in Barrens or 1K, y'know?

Now if it was to change features...for example, to give my Jiaphyon a torn ear or something from a fight before I got him...then that'd be cool. But I doubt they'd do that, as there are SO many different pet skins, and they'd have to edit them all.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kitairra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Kitairra »

:shock:

That would be awesome!! I know I would use it...a lot!! And even if they only used old skins,well....that would get old really,really fast....

I would love to change Sianna into an orange and black tiger,or my new Devilsaur into a hot bright red one!! Whee!! It boggles the mind at all the combinations! I want this....NOW!! :lol:

I vote Yes!!

Kitairra

Edit: Velkynkarma does have a good point,though....maybe just a little cosmetic touch...bah! I need more coffee before I post.... :mrgreen: ....now my vote is straddling the fence.../le sigh
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Id be happy with the Spiked Collar ability actually showing as a collar on my pets.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I agree with Velkyn, the whole point of hunting down our perfect pet is that it gives us that choice... if we could just just take Fido to the groomer, what would be the point of selecting, chasing down, and/or camping for our next lovely?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

On a bit of an off-subject, I used to always think what our pets would look like with pieces of armor, like with those boars in RFK, but they don't come with the armor naturally like those boars do. We put the armor on the pets to match what we're wearing.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

kamoodle5 wrote:On a bit of an off-subject, I used to always think what our pets would look like with pieces of armor, like with those boars in RFK, but they don't come with the armor naturally like those boars do. We put the armor on the pets to match what we're wearing.
*imagines a moth with battle armor* .... *burst out laughing*

Haha, that is a neat idea. If they put something like that in game but made it optional I'd have no qualms with it. Obviously some types of creatures would be better suited to armor than others.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I want an armored crocoslime! :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Your crocoslime might make the armor slip off a lot or would make it really slimy though. Wouldn't be fun to clean. :lol:
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'd love to get armor for my hyena. Or maybe just a collar, or bracelets, or give him a tailring or something.

And can you imagine armor on a Devilsaur? He'd be a literal tank with teeth then! XD

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

No need to give pets armor that already have natural armor on like scorpids and crabs, and I mean their armor by their hard exoskeleton, of course. I find it hard to imagine a scorpid with more armor, but I guess it's possible.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I think the ability to change the look of the pets would be awesome!!!

A Devilsaur in armor! Mercy! Be still my beating heart on that one. The enemies would piddle while they run. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

The problem is that there AREN'T enough unique skinned pets. If Blizz gave us more choices in skins, then maybe everyone and their mother wouldn't have the same black worg.lol And... maybe they would, who knows? I like a pet that is unique. Hence the white lion, white dino, white kurken... I've never seen these tamed on my realm. I get stopped all the time with questions. Especially about the Kurken. I wouldn't mind using a wolf if I could find one that is unique. I tried Timber... I tried Ironjaw... I tried a mulgore wolf... I still see dozens of them running around. I don't want a cookie cutter pet, I want unique or fairly close to it. That's why I'm a BM hunter lol.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

FuzzyDolly wrote:The problem is that there AREN'T enough unique skinned pets. If Blizz gave us more choices in skins, then maybe everyone and their mother wouldn't have the same black worg.lol And... maybe they would, who knows? I like a pet that is unique. Hence the white lion, white dino, white kurken... I've never seen these tamed on my realm. I get stopped all the time with questions. Especially about the Kurken. I wouldn't mind using a wolf if I could find one that is unique. I tried Timber... I tried Ironjaw... I tried a mulgore wolf... I still see dozens of them running around. I don't want a cookie cutter pet, I want unique or fairly close to it. That's why I'm a BM hunter lol.
It almost seems incredulous to say such a thing as "not enough unique skinned pets", but you're right. Looking at the gallery of pets it seems that there are a lot but still, it just doesn't feel like enough! Especially when you get to the exotic pets, there's like three or four colors per exotic beast. The fact that you have to be BM makes them rather unique, sure, but they could still give us more than three or four colors!

There's a hunter on my server with a green core hound named Puddles. I cheer at him every time I see him because it's just so freaking unusual to see a hunter with something other than a wolf (on my server, anyway). That and Puddles just seems like such an awesome name for a core hound! :3

Oh and yes, WTB more armored pets, please! Though the boars' armor bothers me, it's too flush against their skin. It should stick out or something, like real armor, not look like it's painted on. :roll:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, I agree. Don't want to sound spoiled since I realize Blizzard has added a huge plethora of pets, yet it really doesn't seem like much. D: We need more!!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think the problem is that only certain families have a ton of skins. I mean, there are TONS of cat and wolf skins, those lists are huge. In the case of the wolf, some of them are even the same color scheme, but worg vs wolf model. But then you look at something like the crocolisk, the bat, the rhino...they're pretty much the same thing, using the same colors, only rearranged. I agree that those ones certainly need more variety. :(

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

Not sure about being able to change color, but I'd love to be able to add decoration to a pet. Spiked collar, feathers, painted on symbol/tattoo, armor ect.

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Eh...I'm not particularly interested in either of those options. I like my companions just the way they are...if I wanted a pet with armor, I'd have tamed one. In point of fact, in the past, I did - but Cassius the RFK boar had to step aside to make room when BC hit. If taking a talent that I'm required to have for optimal DPS plastered a giant spiked collar on my beautiful Daishar or on Clayburn...well, I wouldn't be terribly happy.

Not to mention one other little tiny problem with the plan...memory. Storage space. If all pets could be any color of the rainbow...can you imagine how much memory all those skins, all the shading, all the slightly different tones when you're in a darkened area or outside at night or standing in one of those Elune Stones would take up? I'd like to see a couple new beasts as much as the next hunter...but I think I'd rather wait and just see what Cataclysm brings us instead of trying to change what's already there.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Let's look at wolves... there are 149 wolves listed on Petopia. There are 17 different skins. 2 of those skins are not tameable, which leaves 15 different skins. Of the 15 skins left, ONE is unique and not shared by another model. The Blighthound. Every other skin is shared by at least 2, and sometimes up to 20 wolves. Now out of the 149 wolves listed, 34 are not tameable. So in essence, there are 115 wolves sharing 15 skins. Really, taking out the unique blighthound, there are 114 wolves sharing 14 skins. No wonder everyone has the same pets. I picked wolves because it is one of the pets that have the most skins, not to "pick" on wolves.