Emotion probelms ((May contain swearing))

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Emotion probelms ((May contain swearing))

Unread post by rubybeam »

Another word that there will be quite the bit of strong language mentioned

Lately iv'e been really moody. I really mean it, I haven't this much stress over myself in awhile.

I swear because it sometimes I really want to commit suicide because of it, Well what do I mean?
If someone dissagrees on you on the forum nothing too upsetting right? to me its like this "THAT POST MADE NO SENSE YOU FUCKING BITCH!" (not pointing fingers at anyone here, I needed to think of an example), this happens and I know the post doesn't mean it that badily but it get seems that way.
Then I get all angry and start throwing bombs all over the place real life or not, I try to control it but last time this happened I yelled at the top of my lungs at my 10 yr old little sister for nothing and basically scared the shit out of her and I couldn't stop no matter how much times ive tried
I hate it.
That day I also made all of my family in the whole damn house either rumpy or sad, and I was sitting there balling my eyes out because I can't control my emotions over a simple thing
Oh yeah. I'll cry over things I dont mean to cry over, its like im some damned crybaby, and I dont want to be but it happens
When I see stuff that isnt funy to me I start laughing at it and BOOM! everyone hates me for it
im really starting to piss myself off over my own emotions, most of the time shaky because of it, I want help of course but I dont know what to do
No matter what I try I cant control them, its like they dont even belong to me sometimes
Has anyone else had this probelm? any cures you know of for all I know they'll probably sent me off to a mental hospital if I can't save myself from hurting someone
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Emotion probelms ((May contain swearing))

Unread post by Lisaara »

I may not have had that problem but I highly recommend you see a doctor...preferably a psychiatrist or psychologist and I don't mean that in a bad way. It just sounds like you're bipolar with such rampant mood swings. My mother and an ex-friend are bipolar and they were like that before they got help and meds. Almost identical, actually. My mother had a harder time cause she's also schizophrenic too.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Teigs and Jess have good advice. Listen to them and seek some professional help hun, there's no shame in that.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

If you feel as if you may hurt someone or yourself, you really need to let someone know. I went through a situation pretty similar a few years back, so I'll tell you what they did...

I called my therapist because I was seriously afraid of hurting myself pretty late at night, around nine or so. She gave me two options: sleep out in the living room with my parents under supervision, or go to the hospital and stay under supervision there. I chose the hospital since I was also afraid of hurting someone else if I couldn't hurt myself.

They placed me in a room like a normal patient, took away any meds or keys or whatever I had on me. Mom went back home to get extra clothes for me, and I had a nurse in my room until they could get a police officer out there instead. He let me watch TV and sat outside my room all night to make sure I didn't do anything. I talked with a few doctors, some nurses and my therapist, and made the stupid, stupid decision of pushing for inpatient treatment. Basically, I was given the option to go home and be supervised, but I chose to go to a psychiatric center.

You have to stay there for a minimum of a week, I believe. It's sort of blurred. The guys who drove me there were pretty nice, and they let me sit in my own seat but they added "If you try to run, we'll have to catch you, and then we'll have to tie you in.". They don't kid around. Anyway, I got my own bunk, had to do the strip search and whole nine yards to make sure I didn't have anything I could use to hurt myself or someone else. The other people there were, frankly, a lot worse off than I was - my room mate had actually been there for months. The doctors do what they can to keep you from 'living' there, but he told me that a lot of the people I had classes with were repeat visitors. Oh, right, classes. Um, yeah, they were no math classes but we did worksheets and watched shows about how drugs and booze and stuff are bad etc. For a week. You can have visitors, and they can bring you stuff, but you basically have no contact for a week. It's like being in a different world, almost.

I'm not saying this to scare you away from talking to someone - I'm just saying that even if you do talk to someone and they do start talking about treatment, really really weigh the other options before you choose inpatient treatment. It still bothers me to this day, even though it wasn't traumatic at all. It was just horribly lonely. Knowing that my only contact with my family was through the phone for thirty minutes a night and that I could have avoided it easily really makes my stomach turn. There's nothing wrong with going there if you need to, absolutely...but I really didn't 'need' to go. I just felt like I did.

Anyway, yes, talk to someone. But, dear heart, there are other ways to treat these things. No one really knows a cure - no one can crack open your skull and stick a bandaid somewhere and hope it fixes things. But there are ways to help, and you really shouldn't be afraid of the possibility of someone wanting to stick you in a crazy house. Doctors really, really hate doing that if they can help you out in other ways.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Maybe its possible that this is just a puberty issue that will go over within a year? Just putting it out there.
- Dont know your age, just guessing over the fact your little sister is 10.
Hope you get over the problems you are having :O GL
Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

If you're still a teen and going through puberty, it would definitely affect your mood and temper.
I'm sure it affects people differently but you will feel edgy and annoyed very easily, enough to make you argue and fight people for stuff you would later think "trivial". I used to argue with my year younger sister during high school pretty often which now I think it was pretty stupid thing to do. Also crying isn't bad thing to do as long as you don't make people around you worry too much, it's better than letting it build up inside.

I suggest not to blame yourself and slower your pace (especially talking)/relax more, perhaps music and sweets would lighten your mood. Also try to get plenty of sleep.

I hope your case is something simple/normal as this.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I'm sorry, but if we're talking about serious suicidal thoughts, then dismissing this as a normal teenager's mood swings is irresponsible. Rubybeam needs some sort of professional help, that much is clear.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I went through this as a teenager and, while it can be a common teen problem, I sought help and I highly recommend that you do as well. I would totally blow up on my younger sister and Mom for no reason other than they said something that rubbed me the wrong way. Definitely have a talk with your parents about your feelings. They can help you get in contact with a therapist or psychiatrist. After being put on Prozac, my anger and frustration gradually went away. I still have moments where I get grumpy, but who doesn't?

Good luck and huge hugs to you! I know how you're feeling and it's no fun at all!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Cialbi wrote:I'm sorry, but if we're talking about serious suicidal thoughts, then dismissing this as a normal teenager's mood swings is irresponsible. Rubybeam needs some sort of professional help, that much is clear.
This ^

Suicide = serious... teen or not.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

Im really hoping this is all just puberty, Ive never thought it would effect the female gender to be that harsh though @.@ im planning to ask my mom next freakout to go to a psychiatrist, so we can get this solved
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

rubybeam wrote:Im really hoping this is all just puberty, Ive never thought it would effect the female gender to be that harsh though @.@ im planning to ask my mom next freakout to go to a psychiatrist, so we can get this solved
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

rubybeam wrote:Im really hoping this is all just puberty, Ive never thought it would effect the female gender to be that harsh though @.@ im planning to ask my mom next freakout to go to a psychiatrist, so we can get this solved
Women are just as aggressive as men, but we're socialized to act it out in different ways. I hope things go well for you, the advice to see a healthcare provider to determine whether this is just normal teenage mood swings or something more serious is spot on.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Keleri wrote:
Women are just as aggressive as men, but we're socialized to act it out in different ways. I hope things go well for you, the advice to see a healthcare provider to determine whether this is just normal teenage mood swings or something more serious is spot on.
You guys tend to act out on yourselves whilst we act out on the rest of the world.

Either way teens are far from harmless.