A Happy Ending (ZG Spoilers)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

A Happy Ending (ZG Spoilers)

Unread post by Acherontia »

So, any of you who have done the Ohgan'aka quest chain in STV, or seen my upset-mother-style posts on the topic, probably know about Ohgan'aka. A long quest chain in ZG gets you attached to this little baby red raptor, who you find out is the daughter of Ohgan--and is kidnapped, in the end, by a reborn Mandokir. You try to rescue her but to no avail.

Well, today, I scurried right into ZG looking once more. She was there, chained. After Mandokir died, though, she suddenly had an exclamation mark over her head!

So happy :D

Notice her title, now, too :) It isn't Acherontia's Companion or anything, it says Acherontia'aka, which is what she is called throughout the quest line (or Ohgan'aka when she is kidnapped). I assume it means <name>'s daughter, but could be wrong. Anyway, yey!!! :D
Attachments
Lashtail Hatchling.png
Lashtail Hatchling.png (272.19 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Re: A Happy Ending (ZG Spoilers)

Unread post by Miyon »

Ooh, happy hatchling :D Glad you got her ^^

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

was that on the PTR or Live? so far my guilds been through hell and back with ZA and ZG :S

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

it is live as far as I'm aware.
as long as you've done the 20ish questchain you'll get your little Aka after defeating Mandokir
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Nefretiti wrote:it is live as far as I'm aware.
as long as you've done the 20ish questchain you'll get your little Aka after defeating Mandokir

^ This exactly :) Just make sure you talk to her after Mandokir is downed (assuming you've done the chain!).
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I wonder if the quest unlocks after the boss is downed, or when You down the boss? (Could you get an invite to the group when it was over, and still get the quest?)
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

That's beautiful. :D I'm so happy - I missed little Veeka'aka, so much that I went and got a red raptor to keep by my side for a while. Good to know she'll be coming home soon.

And the -aka type name is 'daughter of', more specifically(or at least that's what the quest text mentions, I think), although you were right in the whole 'daughter' thing. xP

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kalliope'aka expresses her sincerest gratitude. :)

<3 this gal! She seems to have a thing for hopping onto people's corpses, though. O_o Nomnomnom...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Hooray! Glad to see she's coming home. :D

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

So you do have to complete the quest chain in STV? oO Where does it start? I want this cutie.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aleu wrote:So you do have to complete the quest chain in STV? oO Where does it start? I want this cutie.
Here's a guide to get you started with it:
http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/201 ... osure.html
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Reading this thread made my day! Yesterday, I finally got geared up enough to attempt the Zuls, so while waiting for a dungeon group, I went and completed this quest line, so I'll have a little raptor pet to look forward to! (Assuming I'm ever with a PuG that can make it past the first boss in ZG).

The "Escape from Zul'Gurub" part of the questline brought back memories of avoiding the guards while sneaking into Hyrule Castle in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I was humming the Zelda music from that part while helping my little raptor try to escape :)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I picked up my druid's little Oihana'aka today, and wibbled as I did so (who wouldn't, with that quest text)! The scars of her captivity are very much visible on her neck, and in her chipped horn and claws. She's noticably bigger than other raptor hatchlings as well. Not only does she chow down on fallen enemies, but she randomly picks up bones to carry for a little while before throwing them away.

I <3 this little raptor.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Ugh, I didn't realize you had to do so much of the STV quest chain to get her. My first ZG run, I had done maybe 10% of the north STV quests so there was no baby raptor waiting for me. My second, I thought I had done enough and it turned out I was 5 quests short, so once again, no baby raptor. I quickly ran back to STV, finished the missing quests, went back to ZG and she finally phased in.

So long story short, if you can't queue into ZG because of ilvl or if you just don't do dungeons, it doesn't hurt to try using someone else's saved instance. I can't be 100% sure if it'll work because I used my own saved instance, however there was about a 45 minute delay before I went back into the dungeon (and probably an additional 45 min from the time we killed Mandokir) and I was still able to pick her up. :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

peanutbuttercup wrote:If you can't queue into ZG because of ilvl or if you just don't do dungeons, it doesn't hurt to try using someone else's saved instance.
I'm pretty sure you have to be in on the boss kill to get the minipet, as others have tried this without success.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

GormanGhaste wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote:If you can't queue into ZG because of ilvl or if you just don't do dungeons, it doesn't hurt to try using someone else's saved instance.
I'm pretty sure you have to be in on the boss kill to get the minipet, as others have tried this without success.
Aw dang, I was hopeful that people who weren't able to queue into the dungeon could get it this way. Kinda sucks for those who don't meet the requirements to queue but want the pet.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
Aw dang, I was hopeful that people who weren't able to queue into the dungeon could get it this way. Kinda sucks for those who don't meet the requirements to queue but want the pet.
Yeah I just tried it with my own lockout and she was there but there was no quest for me and I have done all the quests in stv.
Means either pugging and praying or trying to convince friends to only do 1-2 bosses.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!