Back to the Basics

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Back to the Basics

Unread post by Lupis »

For ages, I've said that I never keep pets because they're rare. I keep them because I like them. And for some part, that's true... I like all of the rares I've tamed.
But today, I looked at my stable and realized I just didn't like it.
I would only use about five out of my 25 pets, and even then I didn't really like switching them out. Something about my stable wasn't "me" enough.
For instance, I had four colors of Madexx, but I only used two of them. Why did I have the others? Errr... They're rare.
Why did I have Jadefang, who's colors I don't like? ...Rare.
And Deathmaw? Rare.
Fel.

Today I started renovating. First it was simple - I abandoned one of the meaningless pets I had, which I now can't even remember. I replaced it with my favorite Raptor skin, a normal old orange one. I love him! He's much more my choice than whatever pet I had before. He's not even a rare, just a random orange raptor.

That was the inspiration I needed. I got a bunch of the Madexxes out of my stable as well as Jadefang and some other pet I can't remember, dumping all of them. Then I tamed a Winna's Kitten, a skin I've always liked. I also now have free spots for pets I like. I'm probably going to tame a red bat, and perhaps a silithid of some sort, and most likely nothing rare.

Strangely enough, doing this has made me want to play my hunter more. I'm starting to like my stable again. I'm actually searching for pets I like again. It's a nice feeling.

So, just wanted to share that. And besides, all of the common skins I'm taming are much more rare than the rares.

I'll update with any new tames, if only to keep track of what I've switched out. I want to see how much I end up changing my stable.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!