New rare spawn buffs exploits and PTR testing

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

New rare spawn buffs exploits and PTR testing

Unread post by Wain »

There have been discussions on the net on exploiting the "abandon pet macro" on the new tameables to get some pretty awesome buffs.

I have word from Noah. Two things:

(i) any exploits on these should already be fixed on the PTR, so hopefully there are no worries there

(ii) he asked me to encourage the following:
Please do encourage the community to attempt to keep getting these buffs and taking them into extreme situations though, who knows what you'll find
So on the PTR please don't hesitate to test potential exploits like this out, as long as you report them immediately if you find anything :)
Last edited by Wain on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: New rare spawn buffs exploits and PTR testing

Unread post by Kalliope »

That's actually good news; we basically have the spawn timers and strats down for the new rares, so checking these pets out for that sort of stuff ought to be fun! *salute*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I really can't begin to understand how on earth you guys manage to camp for endless hours on end..That would drive me mental. I get impatient waiting to rez in BG.. On that note, how long are the spawn timers for the new rares ? ;)
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Considering how long these guys take to spawn, and the macro failure rate. Want to have him up the spawn rate so we can test this ? ><

I realize this most likely won't happen, but like I said with the given timers and fail rate, its going to be really hard to get this one down specially since there are people who really want to try out the taming process on here in preparation for live and others who are still looking for better "strats" to tame them. (and no, I am not the only one who is constantly thinking of new ways to tame them :P)

Edited for lolz: I can imagine getting a SB cat with that buff ... would be sick seeing someone going around one shotting everyone ><
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

those cats are most definatly the reason that such tames *exploits should be forbidde* same for the Nuramoc one though that one is removed at death
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Pet abandon macro.. yah I was never really good at that really. I can try actually but considering the "buffs" for these rares are..
Anthriss fire lava web, Deth'liac little aura thingy (still dont know what it does) and her deth strike, Solix with his speed buff, skitter.. uh... *thinks*.. nothing, the cats with their armor kill thingy..

Hmm *thinks* yes.. ill try but no promises :lol: that macro is not easy to do properly, considering most people take a long long time to get the oil wolf, doing it on a rare spawn with a 6-17 hour spawn timer is going to make testing very difficult. So upping the rate would be great! :lol: recall when there was 7 kirixs? *nod nod*

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kalliope

:lol: Kirix parade would be perfect for this!

But yeah, my guess is that out of the spiders, Skitter and Solix won't apply, since they can only be tamed once their buffs are removed (so even if there is a window of opportunity in there, hitting it with their buffs AND the macro at the same time is going to be ridiculously difficult). Deth'tilac we *know* has the capability to retain a couple of buffs post-tame, except one of them kills the taming hunter....not sure if the macro would work on that. Kirix's aura is the strongest possibility of working. Anthriss....not sure. I forget if she actually has a buff for her webs or if she just casts them. has a buff up, so she's a potential danger as well. Karkin/Skarr have (had? my brain is fuzzy this morning) a stacking buff, but it has a timer on it, so I think they'll be okay. As already mentioned, Magria and Ankha are also a problem - in fact, they're even worse than Kirix because they collectively have the same buff and therefore, a much shorter spawn timer. One of the worst threats will be the easiest to test, so that's good.

Hopefully this brainstorming helps; I'm not going to get on for a bit today, so use said info for good. :D
Last edited by Kalliope on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YouTube Edition

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

This gave me reason to even care for the alternate-color Gondrias. I'd love to see them one-shot those know-it-all PVPers, just so they can complain even more. "WTF, I HAVE THE BEST GEAR HOW DID A PET KILL ME?"
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Kalliope

Kikanu wrote:This gave me reason to even care for the alternate-color Gondrias. I'd love to see them one-shot those know-it-all PVPers, just so they can complain even more. "WTF, I HAVE THE BEST GEAR HOW DID A PET KILL ME?"
Heh, that is absolutely not the point of this thread. We're going to find out to see if this can even happen so Noah can block it. Any of these buffs would certainly qualify as EXPLOITABLE and would be on the DO NOT TAME THAT WAY list.

YouTube Edition

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

If it turns out any of them do persist after death with a macro taming, the simple solution is to make the buff timed, and immediately refresh itself upon dropping off. I'd think a 15-minute timer would be plenty :P

A lot of wild-mob abilities don't count as buffs at all, though, and won't persist through that kind of taming anyway. I haven't seen the new kitties but I'm guessing that their armor-scaling shiz isn't exactly a buff? Could be wrong!

/idle thoughts
Kalliope

It shows up under their buffs when you see them in the wild. *nod* A timer might be a good solution, though. :)

YouTube Edition

Kalliope

Derax just attempted our first exploit tame, with the help of Cerberus, my corehound. But even though he kept his original spider, there was no exploitable buff to be found.

I did not intentionally rhyme that. At the beginning.

YouTube Edition