The two new SB cats-a question

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

The two new SB cats-a question

Unread post by Shade »

So one of my biggest problems with Gondria has always been just how blasted transparent the cat is. I mean its SO pronounced. I don't like running around with my sb and see it's eyes through it's rear end, personally.

I know what they say about eyes in the back of your head, but... really?!

Point of this board is thus:

Are the two new spirit tigers as bad as Gondria when it comes to be overly transparent, or are they a little more opaque? Am I going to be seeing my new cat's eyes through it's rear end like I do when I'm running with Gondria?

And note, these photos were all taken with Spirit Walk turned off.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: The two new SB cats-a question

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I like to think of my STD-cat's vision as being "omnipotent"... it can see in any damned direction it wants, since it is unencumbered by a solid body.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Feydrinne
Realm: US-Lothar, US-Burning Blade

Unread post by Feydrinne »

The spirit is unfettered by the confines of flesh, it permeates the world and let's us all peer in as freely as it peers into your own soul :)

Actually the eyes-through-the-back thing bugged me at first but I just kind of accept it as part of the package deal of having an SB hehe.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Feydrinne wrote:The spirit is unfettered by the confines of flesh, it permeates the world and let's us all peer in as freely as it peers into your own soul :)

Actually the eyes-through-the-back thing bugged me at first but I just kind of accept it as part of the package deal of having an SB hehe.
I don't know that I can accept it, which is why my normal Sb rotation is Loque, Skoll and Karoma, even though my 85 hunter has them all.

Just wanting some pictures perhaps fof the enw kitties from behind to see if I am going to actually need to clear some stable spots for them.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I have some pics in my new rares post. Ill add you some more after raid if you like :) Id say Magria is alot less transparent, shes more of a vivid blue while Anhka is way way brighter but more transparent. Because she is so white you can see more detail in her.

Both really nice cats actually, and I prefer them over Gondria who I also didnt care so much for the huge transparency thing. The eyes a little odd yes but not so much as the fact I could barely see her.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, Magria seems more solid than the others. Gondria is massively transparent, Ankha is very bright but transparent still.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

That would be awesome Sasrei, and I'll go see if I can find your posts too.

Thank you both.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

All three of the models have the exact same level of transparency. They're the same model, just recolored skins (Ones a ghost "rakshiri" and the other a "white frostsaber" basically), so their level of transparency is going to be exactly the same as Gondria's and they're going to have the same "see the eyes from the back" effect.

However, the main difference people notice is the colors. Colors like the white ghost cat stand out a lot more then say Gondria or the blue ghost cat. White is pretty harsh to see in most of the game's light, so the white cat will probably look "less transparent" even though the quality and level of the transparency are the same. So it's only the way you perceive the colors that will actually make it "stand out" more to you or not.

I really wish all 3 of these ghost pets had a more transparent model like the ghost worms in Storm Peaks. For anyone without one/never seen it, they're nicely done ghosts; you can see through them, but you don't see the "core" of the model or see the "other side" of the model when you look through them on one side.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I hope this is not too off topic, but was there a map/spawn location made for these 2 pretty kitties yet? I've been having a looking around but can't seem to find one... Do they have a spawn local? Is it the same one/route? etc.... Thankies! ~

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I don't think anyone's worked out a set path for them yet, SB; they just seem to run around the Regrowth like the stags do.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Okies then, thanks a bunch, I'll endeavor to keep my eyes peeled, <3

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Rikaku wrote:All three of the models have the exact same level of transparency. They're the same model, just recolored skins (Ones a ghost "rakshiri" and the other a "white frostsaber" basically), so their level of transparency is going to be exactly the same as Gondria's and they're going to have the same "see the eyes from the back" effect.

However, the main difference people notice is the colors. Colors like the white ghost cat stand out a lot more then say Gondria or the blue ghost cat. White is pretty harsh to see in most of the game's light, so the white cat will probably look "less transparent" even though the quality and level of the transparency are the same. So it's only the way you perceive the colors that will actually make it "stand out" more to you or not.

I really wish all 3 of these ghost pets had a more transparent model like the ghost worms in Storm Peaks. For anyone without one/never seen it, they're nicely done ghosts; you can see through them, but you don't see the "core" of the model or see the "other side" of the model when you look through them on one side.
I agree on the ghost worms-actually have one on Shade.

And thank you for clearing it up some. I'm going to aim for the white one then, and hope that it is a color I can click with a little more then Gondria right now.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Speaking of the ghost worms, I actually had to change mine to a different model, simply because I couldn't find my worm on certain backdrops. It's a little disconcerting to not be able to find your gigantic fuzzy worm. x_x

(Unfortunately, this means I don't click with her new form as much either....rather than give her up, I may just ticket for her restoration and I'll deal with not being able to find her.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!