Rant Thread

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Kirrandria »

That moment when you round a corner and some edge is just -there- waiting to greet your hand. I just whacked my hand soooo hard on a doorknob, there's a visible red bump on the back of it. It's going to be so sore in the morning.

And of course, the initial shock of the whole thing had me laughing, so my cat is looking at me concernedly. And not the 'human are you okay?' concerned, but the 'human, I think you are crazy' concerned.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Conveniently "forgot" to get a mother's day card for my mum. Felt like I should say something anyway. Go to post on Facebook to her. Immediately start crying. I feel bad not saying anything but I feel worse trying to say something. I don't know whether I should force myself to or not.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I would think if it causes you a lot of grief and anxiety than perhaps it's best to say nothing, Vare. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I finally get back into playing Pokemon after over a year and my rabbit bites right through my 3DS ac adapter. Figures.

At least they are cheap because things with cords in my apartment never last long with my rabbit.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

God fucking dammit, I cancelled Nerd Block last month and they still charged me. I have 90 cents to my name. Fuck, fuck, fuck, I'd better get a refund.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Novikova

Oh god, I don't get paid till the 18th and I'm not sure I can get a loan from a friend. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Ggrmghmgh.

A fairly big pet peeve of mine are 'fake service dogs'. I'm sorry, unless you're a vet with PTSD, your comfort pet is not a service animal. I love my cats, sure. They do a lot for my emotional state of being, absolutely. But they are NOT service animals. And dragging your damn pocket dog into supermarkets and restaurants under the pretense that they are is an insult to people who actually need service animals.

What's even more aggravating is I know someone that HAS a fake service dog. It's this useless little 5lb chihuahua that can't do anything but yip and piddle on things (and barely even follows basic obedience commands) and yet she's managed to get a 'certificate' for her as an 'emotional support service dog' so she hauls it all over the place with her. I can't say anything either because she'll lose her shit if I call her out on it, but it drives me freakin' insane.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vets with PTSD aren't the only people who need/use service animals. I agree with you about fake service animals (I can technically register my cat as a service animal; I was diagnosed with PTSD after coming home to find my husband dead but I choose not to as I feel it would be cheating the system from actual service animals). But you kinda rubbed me wrong implying that only vets with PTSD can use service animals. What about the blind? They make service dogs for kids with autism too to help with some of their ticks. There's all kinds of mental/physical reasons why someone might need a service animal that you may not know the reasons for so you can't just brush them all off and assume everyone is cheating the system.

If you know for sure someone has a fake service animal then perhaps there's a way to report it?

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard, Blood Furnace

Unread post by NoraNora »

WARNING: That time of the month, this time it's gross..

Literally, this sucks so much.
Out of all the times,it's at its worst
I slammed the door to anime club, got angrier when the members talked shit about someone whose very busy and can't make it when the leader herself never shows up.
I have to throw out my fucking undergarments it's so bad
I'm so pissed I just started my diet thing
Already the cravings are ripping me up
I'm so pissed off I want to cry yet punch a hole in the damn wall.

UGH.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm not saying anything about the blind or disabled needing service dogs. That's what they're for. I meant 'emotional service dogs' when referring to vets in that particular case, because sometimes they need the animal to bump them out of what amounts to a seizure.

And the way I tell if it's a real service dog is not by judging the person, it's by judging the dog. If the dog is incapable of performing a service, then it's not a service dog. Just being cuddly is not a legitimate service or behavior. A proper service dog is there to do something for its owner that the owner can't do themselves. If the dog is physically or behaviorally incapable of performing tasks, then it shouldn't count, vest or no vest.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Okay, that clarification makes more sense.

[/center]
NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I don't get why people hate Marilyn Manson..
He's literally the best :L
"But he made kids think badly"
Oh grow up, he never wanted that message to be conveyed, he even said it in an interview.
"He supports satan blahblah"
Oh shut up, he makes awesome music, that's it, buzz off.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

My cousin got into a motorcycle wreck yesterday morning and I was only told about it around 11am today. He was in such bad shape that they pulled the plug today at around noon. My grandma didn't think I should see him as he was burnt on 80%+ his body, his motorcycle was on top of him when it exploded. She said it was better if I don't see him, but I still wanted to say goodbye. I'll miss you Brandon :cry: :hug: :mrgreen:

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Oh Rawr, I'm so sorry [hugs]

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Seriously fuck you dad. Saying I have to "rush" home on a monday to go out to dinner with your relatives because you demand it? Piss off. Remember when I was a kid and you'd say you'd do something next week and a month later you still hadn't bothered? Or how you bought my half sister a whole fucking house for being a useless do nothing but paid my mum $50 a year "child support" and seeing me twice a year made you a good dad? yeah ok. whatever.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

They pulled the plug on Saturday but as of late Sunday your heart is still going. Please just die, I know it's horrible to say but I hate getting these calls and I know the rest of the family wants to move on. Please just die, I love you and I want bury you. Please just die. :mrgreen:

NoraNora
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I worked incredibly hard on this fanfic. I know your feeling down and all, and I out your character in the story so you'd feel appreciated and see that someone cares for you. You look and have the audacity to tell me "you got one of his traits correct..but I need to guide you through the rest of him."

Know what? No, I'm not putting him back, or changing it. I worked hard on all this. Nobody else reads it, comments on it, truest looks at it, but I enjoy making this. If all you're going to do is be ungrateful about it,then I won't do it at all. I wasn't looking for praise and respect, I was lookin for a smile, something that shows me you know you're cared about, and enjoy nice things people do to make you happy again.
Novikova

I can't help but feel miffed all my friends are RPing with each other and I'm just sitting here. Wheeee, thanks guys. Love listening to the conversation about how awesome your RP is.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

MALACHITE ISN'T POISONOUS!!

alkskdfjlskdfjsldjf every goddamn month or so, some dipstick responds to a photo of something-or-another made of malachite, going 'OMG DO U KNOW HOW POISONOUS THAT IS SUPER TOXIC!!!1!!1!' and it just makes me scream.

Cinnabar? Toxic.
Realgar? Toxic.
Orpiment? Toxic.
Pitchblende? Radioactive AND toxic.

MALACHITE IS COPPER CARBONATE IT'S LIKE PENNY FLAVORED TUMS IT ISN'T GODDAMN POISONOUS.
*huff huff /rage*

Edit: Cinnabar= mercury mineral, Realgar/orpiment= arsenic mineral, Pitchblende= uranium mineral (for those who aren't rock nerds, haha.)

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

After trying about 9 different medications for my lpr the only one I can take and tolerate to prevent cancer and be able to eat is now causing crippling stomach pain...yay... There should really be a limit of one incurable illness per person.