<Speculation> Spectral Stag tamable mob

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

<Speculation> Spectral Stag tamable mob

Unread post by Sarantha »

I want to tame one of these. Badly. They are already running around as "hostile" mobs in Hyjal, so why can't we tame one!? Really, why can't we tame ANY deer, giraffe, etc? They let us tame rhinos for eff's sake. Also..

I want my own James Potter Patronus.

.........I totally did not say that. I swear I'm not a Harry Potter lover..........

:oops:
Last edited by Sarantha on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Spectral Stag

Unread post by Vephriel »

Might want to add [Speculation] to the title so it doesn't get people's hopes up. ;)

I do like the idea of a Spirit Beast stag, seems very fitting.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Speculative Spectral Stag tamable mob

Added.

And I agree, with Malorne and Cenarius coming back, it does seem reasonable to let hunters have one of their "servants" as a pet. Perhaps a very rare spawn around the Shrine of Malorne, like with Ban'thalos and Magria/Ankha would be reasonable. That way not everyone would be running around with one and they'd be in an "old area" so serious rare campers could camp them without too much quester interference.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Re: <Speculation> Spectral Stag tamable mob

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Sarantha wrote:I want to tame one of these. Badly. They are already running around as "hostile" mobs in Hyjal, so why can't we tame one!? Really, why can't we tame ANY deer, giraffe, etc? They let us tame rhinos for eff's sake. Also..

I want my own James Potter Patronus.

.........I totally did not say that. I swear I'm not a Harry Potter lover..........

:oops:
Lol Harry Potter is cool! :D A spectral stag would be awesome! I'd name mine Patronus, or Patronum. :headbang:
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

or Expecto...

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Despite my NOT-love of Harry Potter, I would name mine James. Durrr. >.>
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Maybe that's what the fey dragons are trying to summon in the fairy ring in Tirisfal Glades!
Adroit
Realm: Twisthing Nether

Unread post by Adroit »

I just want to tame druid when they are shape shifted. Just like Swamplord Musel'ek tamed Claw <Swamplord Musel'ek's Pet>.
He is my hero, there is no other hunter that could tame a druid, damn you blizzard, why you hold back us?
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstraza

Unread post by Loffter »

Adroit wrote:I just want to tame druid when they are shape shifted. Just like Swamplord Musel'ek tamed Claw <Swamplord Musel'ek's Pet>.
He is my hero, there is no other hunter that could tame a druid, damn you blizzard, why you hold back us?
would be amazing if tame beast could act as a mind control on druids. I would also claim it should work on taurens and wargen. And forsaken should be considered undead.. as should all death knights.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Loffter wrote:
Adroit wrote:I just want to tame druid when they are shape shifted. Just like Swamplord Musel'ek tamed Claw <Swamplord Musel'ek's Pet>.
would be amazing if tame beast could act as a mind control on druids. I would also claim it should work on taurens and wargen. And forsaken should be considered undead.. as should all death knights.
No, no, and more no. You hunters leave me alone. You have your shiny beasts, so stop trying to tame me! >:(
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Azunara wrote:
Loffter wrote:
No, no, and more no. You hunters leave me alone. You have your shiny beasts, so stop trying to tame me! >:(
I'll get you someday..
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

And I'll be there. Waiting. With the rest of the druid community. And we shall come down upon you like a pestilence. I have contacts among the other classes. They owe me favors.
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

My giant dinosaur needs a playmate though =(

and I have a gorgeous kitty you can mate with.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*snickers.*

Ahem, no. Sorry, but no. Never. I prefer to fly solo, thanks.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I would love to tame a white night elf cat form druid. That would be so epic. I love the model so much. I would accept it were it just an in game pet they added.

Still, this is about spectral stags! Who wants them? I know I am dying for one!
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

You know, considering that shape-shifted druids can't be poly-morphed... maybe they can be "tamed" and pretty much just follow the hunter around for a few seconds as if they were polymorphed (and forced to follow the hunter?)
Maybe not...

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Tsuki wrote:You know, considering that shape-shifted druids can't be poly-morphed... maybe they can be "tamed" and pretty much just follow the hunter around for a few seconds as if they were polymorphed (and forced to follow the hunter?)
Maybe not...

No just no, as someone who plays a druid and someone who has seen hunters beast lore me and who has seriously been asked "Can I tame you, your pretty." and have seen them try... no :lol: I know I'm an awesome kitty but NO! ;)
Last edited by Silivren on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Not joking, if there were ever two things Blizzard will never, ever, until WoW dies, let hunters tame, it's these two: Dragons and Druids.

Dragon are sentient, thinking creatures. They know your name, they talk to you, they can give you quests or willingly carry you around. They can take human form. But they would never let anyone try to "Tame" them. While Proto-drakes are more practical, it's a matter of size, as well. Even shrunk down, they'll still be huge, and there's no way Blizz will allow that.

Druids are a playable class. Blizzard would never allow you to tame a druid character that is someone else's person. There will likely never allow the skins either, because it will cause way more confusion. Imagine in a raid, you have a druid and a hunter with a druid pet. So a priest may think they're healing the bear tank, but they aren't. Or they may think the feral is being stupid and not moving, but that's the hunter pet.

And don't pull the whole "stormcrow and cheetah" thing either. Those are mobs the class doesn't use to fight with.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Its a pity about dragons! I wouldn't say make them tamable, just "serve" you as a favor for getting rep with them. Say you get exalted with blue drakes or whatever, and then blue drakes become tamable as willing "servants" to you instead of as pets. That would let you tame dragons and leave lore intact as well as sentience. And you would have to work for it, since you'd have to be exalted to be able to tame any drake you came across and couldn't just tame them randomly. You have to earn their loyalty, basically. Like mounts. What sentient being lets you ride around on them for hours without you having earned it? You killed Maly, you earned a blue drake as a mount. You saved time, you earned a bronze drake mount. You did lots of quests, you earned a red drake mount. Let pets be the same way. You have the rep, you can tame the pet. If you don't have the rep, you can't tame them, or they won't "serve" you and will attack you if you try and tame them without being exalted with their faction.

Think of dragon taming as the ultimate reward for getting exalted with them for hunters. Screw epic mail boots, gimme one of your servants.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

You know what? Spectral stag, I could understand why they wouldn't want to do it, however... tamable stags? Do want!
I didn't realize how much I wanted one of the stags until I stood next to a while one in the Dranie starting zone. Wow, what a beautiful creature to have with me.

Tamable stags please!

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf