Pet Emote addon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Re: Pet Emote addon

Unread post by fatman »

I'm sorry to say this but the end is almost near for Pet Emote. It looks like the writer has stopped updating the add-on and it is now starting to conflict with the main WoW UI. I keep getting a LUA conflict message from it.
Danoran
Realm: Stonemaul, Muradin

Unread post by Danoran »

So you guys are sure its safe?
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

The addon is safe, I downloaded and edited the LUA file manually, worked like a charm, though after a few weeks (if that) of using it, I disabled it only for the reason that I would like to remove some emotes, and also lessen the activity of the emotes.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

I've seen how my Pet Emote only works on some pets; nobody has seemed to come up with some good random emotes for the worm and the silithid, for example.

I missed the version I had a long time ago that mentioned one of the races in a random emote, like: "<Name of Pet> dwells on why the orcs can't touch this." That one particular quote always made my friends sing that song everytime he read it or I said it.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would love to be able to figure out how to use the program that Pet Emote comes with. It seems like you could go in and customize/add things to your heart's content, but I cannot for the life of me get anything to work despite much toggling. I mainly just wanted to fix the Spirit Beast emotes to be a bit more universal and not specifically feline.

Has anyone had any luck with it?
Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Falconer »

So I have a lame question....I downloaded pet emote a while back, but I am not yet savoy about WOW add ons and never knew how to get it working. Can someone please walk me though it?

Vephriel

It should automatically work as long as you dumped the file into your Addons folder.

You can use the command /pet random to generate a random emote and that'll let you know if its working or not.
Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Dont know what Im doing wrong. I have it in the right folder now, but /pet random gives me the response "you need to be petted"

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm also using Carbonite so hopefully it won't interfere. I'm going to download this tonight and see if it works. If not then oh well. Deletion is easy.
I would really laugh my arse off to see my wolf or hyena meow then lick it's leg. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I have Carbonite and there are no issues with it and Pet emote running. As for the licking... it TICKS ME OFF when Skoll meows, purrs, or otherwise acts like a pussycat. My guild always rags on me when he does that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Unread post by fatman »

Falconer wrote:So I have a lame question....I downloaded pet emote a while back, but I am not yet savoy about WOW add ons and never knew how to get it working. Can someone please walk me though it?
When you're at the character selection screen, look at the lower left hand corner. There should be a button that says "Add-Ons" there. Click that button.

Look for "Enable Outdated Addons" at the top of the screen and put a check mark on it.

Look for Pet Emote and put a check mark on it. Click "close" or "ok" then start playing.

Pet Emote should run now.

-----
My LUA conflict message seems to be related to objects inside my bags, is this the same error you fixed Suicune?
Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Thank you!**3 I worked! Tank is ALIVE!!!!
fatman wrote:
Falconer wrote:So I have a lame question....I downloaded pet emote a while back, but I am not yet savoy about WOW add ons and never knew how to get it working. Can someone please walk me though it?
When you're at the character selection screen, look at the lower left hand corner. There should be a button that says "Add-Ons" there. Click that button.

Look for "Enable Outdated Addons" at the top of the screen and put a check mark on it.

Look for Pet Emote and put a check mark on it. Click "close" or "ok" then start playing.

Pet Emote should run now.

-----
My LUA conflict message seems to be related to objects inside my bags, is this the same error you fixed Suicune?

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I downloaded Pet Emote and got it set up. Worked awesome with every pet but one. No emotes on my Warp Stalker 'Zappa'. Not sure why, maybe it's that it's not updated to emote that animal. Was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a single emote from her. No meowing or cat emotes from my hyena and wolf either so I'm guessing it's just with poor Skoll. But it would have been funny (IMO) to see.

Just wanted to give that little bit of info.

There are a few screen shots in that thread.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel

The meowing/feline emotes only occur with Spirit Beasts, it's not a universal glitch or anything. The only reason is that the first 2 spirit beasts were cats, so they made the emotes for them.

Many of the newer pet species unfortunately don't have emotes associated with them, like Warpstalkers and such. :( Sadly the addon is out of date, but at least it still works for the majority.
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

I'm surprised that the pet emote addon I got about a month ago from the link on Petopia (I suppose that addon has got to be up-to-date). I find it suspicious that the newer pets from BC and LK still don't have random emotes even though they've been around for a while.