Talbuks

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
felren
Realm: Aegwynn-US

Talbuks

Unread post by felren »

What is all the hype with the Hydras? I mean they are cool and all, but will be heavily overused. Instead they should make Talbuks/Stags tame-able! I mean really, they have enough models of them lying around, and they could just re-color the Malorne model for a spirit beast or rarespawn.
Attachments
Just remove all the unnecessary stuff, and they could have the rare model
Just remove all the unnecessary stuff, and they could have the rare model
Malorne.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: Talbuks

Unread post by Kurenio »

Stags I'm all for.... malorne model no just no....

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Didn't we have this discussion before? oO I'm for Stags becoming mounts at some point, but keep Malrones model unique. Stags and Talbuks would just look silly as pets to me.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

There was a lot of discussion and a few threads that werent so great i believe (i dont know though) by the time they ended, a lot of heated discussion and argument about Malorne, i stayed out of them for the most part

Hooved animals in general would be awesome seeing as we already have Rhinos (though Rhinos dont actually have hooves but it would still work since they're all very large and bulky) and i would def tame a talbuk, but no, Malorne (my WoW god too lol, my druids a druid of the antler and ive been in love with malorne since his lore was created), should not be tameable, or a model like it. Id be devastated to see a hunter throwing my beloved god over and over into some horrible enemy he thinks he can take on solo only to continuously die @_@

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

In my own opinion, I really do not want the whole Stag-model of Malorne used for anything other than...well, Malorne. But, I am -not- against like...an "Avatar" of Malorne with a *SLIGHTLY* similar model. Something ghosty, yah know. I personally think something like that could tag out well into Roleplay for some Hunters. But I'd be under the impression if they did put something like that in the game, they need to make it -extremely- hard to tame. Or -extremely- rare. Maybe even if it only spawned once a week, or it takes an entire raid group working together just to help a hunter tame it. Something along those lines. Make the whole experience extremely epic, so that not everyone and their mother actually owns it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i would´t mind riding on Malone....(though not in his stag model, prefer his human one) ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

^ *stifles giggles* you and me both :P

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Yes this has already been discussed and decided: Talbuks nor Stags will NEVER be tameable. It will mess up a lot of the Lore not to mention Malorne being tameable? He is a Druid Spirit which would mess up the lore even more. Hydras are a big deal because they are a huge factor in the game, not to mention: Most hunters have been wanting one sense Pre BC when Alcaz Island was released and when blizz screwed up on the Ghost Hydra/Slime.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Lazurianis wrote:Yes this has already been discussed and decided: Talbuks nor Stags will NEVER be tameable. It will mess up a lot of the Lore not to mention Malorne being tameable? He is a Druid Spirit which would mess up the lore even more. Hydras are a big deal because they are a huge factor in the game, not to mention: Most hunters have been wanting one sense Pre BC when Alcaz Island was released and when blizz screwed up on the Ghost Hydra/Slime.
Where exactly was this decided ? I don't remember hearing it. And what possible lore reason could there be behind not taming stags/talbuks ? Also, no one has ever said let us tame Malorne, the actual lore character, only a stag mob with a similar (because it looks much newer) model. What have hydras ever done to be a huge factor in the game (there's like 1 or 2 hydra bosses and some hydra killing quests, great) ? And on that last point, why then aren't they thinking about letting us tame the slimes ?

Every time I see someone say "OMG, never allow stags/talbuks/giraffes" I get quite annoyed. I really want to be able to tame these beasts and you don't see me going round saying "Oh no, you can't make Hydras tameable because I don't approve/it doesn't fit the lore/whatever else". As far as I am concerned any new family is a good addition. If I recall correctly, Hydra mobs didn't even use the Beast type in early vanilla (feel free to correct me if this isn't true).

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

Xakaal wrote:Hooved animals in general would be awesome seeing as we already have Rhinos (though Rhinos dont actually have hooves but it would still work since they're all very large and bulky)
Actually, they do. Rhinos are in the order Perissodactyla, the same order you'll find horses and tapir in. All members of that order have an odd number of hooves. Technically using Rhinos as an example of why Stags should be tameable is unjustified since the odd-toed ungulates are molecularly more closely related to carnivores than to the even-toed ungulates. The argument you really should be using is that since boars (which is in the order Artiodactyla, the even-toed ungulates) are tameable, so should stags.

However, its the zevra I wanted to tame, which is odd-toed. My theory was "riding horses counts as taming them, so why can't we tame zevras?" up until they introduced the zevra recruit-a-friend mount in which case my theory turned into "seeeeeeee? Zevras are tameable!!! Let me tame one now, pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee???"
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

^oh man, lol i wish i understood what that all meant on the scientific level >_> rhinos are the closest connection i have to big bulky and tall animals for World of Warcraft, not the real world. Im talking about in-game creatures, the Rhinos have big toenails but not hooves and i just feel that stags and talbuks, because of the size those 3 animals have compared to our characters, and because they to me at least and im sure there are other posters who will probably agree to have them put under 'rhino' family (but have the family renamed, should be pretty obvious why it'd be weird for a talbuk to be under the rhino family lol), it would be a good grouping, and renaming something is easier then making an entirely new family imo

Blizzard doesnt listen to reality.. :/ And for all the posts talking about this 'lore' tied to talbuks and stags.......................................... there is no lore........ there isnt even a stag mount yet

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Talbuks/giraffs/zhevra/Deer/gazelles I do want to be able to tame.
Malorne model, although really neat, I could only see being a spirit beast, with some slight ulterations, though personally I woulsnt want to tame it for the sake of Malorn being a god and all.

But I have always wanted to tame Bache'lor, and talbuks in general since I first saw them. I love deer and other hooved animals and it always make me sad that we have so few hooved tamable pets.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ungulates ftw!

I do understand if Blizzard does not want to go that route and make them tamable, but I fervently would love to see them as a family, particularly stags and talbuks. :)
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I've wanted to tame a stag since I first made my first character six years ago. Please?
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Lazurianis wrote: ...not to mention: Most hunters have been wanting one sense Pre BC when Alcaz Island was released...
I've been begging for stags since I first wandered into Ashenvale and saw this lovely;
Shadow Horn Stag
Looooove him!
Personally, the hydras never really grabbed me like the stags and talbuks, though I know so many of you love them (Why can't we have both?! ;-). Totes-magotes agree that Malorne shouldn't be tameable.

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Dvatori wrote:I've been begging for stags since I first wandered into Ashenvale and saw this lovely:
Shadow Horn Stag
^This
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Oh, I'd also love to be able to tame rams and shoveltusks! They could all be in the same family. :)

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

im all for talbuks and stags. stags in real life can and have killed people so thinking of em as Bambi is truly not the right thing.

Personally i think id be more scared off a almost 2 m(with the antlers) stag came charging at me than i would be of a wolf. the wolf have to open its mouth wide and bite ya. A stag...just have to headbutt ya or run you over.

just saying <_<

However the Does of teh stag family should remain untameable as they would rather flee than fight.
Rams could be in the same family as it would fight in the same manner.
Shoveltusks...i honestly dont know where i would place those.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Rather have an all year round stag mount (not x-mas themed) over having one as a pet.
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by yaginoashi »

spirit stags..............