When and where did you find King Krush?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
The huntress
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

When and where did you find King Krush?

Unread post by The huntress »

Ok just wondering if people can state the time (server) and where they found King Krush. It may help me decide where to set up my main camp.
Thanks

Tasêr

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Re: When and where did you find King Krush?

Unread post by Jadvya »

I can say you should wait by the gorillas to the east. That's where I tamed mine and saw him twice before I tamed him, and I saw him there a few days ago (killed him, unfortunately). I only saw him once at either other spawn point during my hunt.
The huntress
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by The huntress »

Cool thanks that is where I am camping and flying around every once in awhile. Is there a possible spawn timer on him?

Tasêr

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

1. http://huntsmanslodge.com/841/gather-round-children.htm - this guide wins
2. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32485#.
3. NPCScan / Silver Dragon Overlay is a must
4. Patience and lots of it

On Saurfang (US), it's approximately 7 hours after the previous tame/kill of Aotona/Loque'nahak (I have timed this over several toons). It differentiates between servers. Most say 7 - 10 hours between spawns. Your best bet is to randomly fly about Sholazar, pick a time, say 12pm, and every hour on the dot return to the Basin, do a fly-around, lather, rinse, repeat. If Aotona or Loque'nahak pops, let other hunters know about them. If tamed or killed, note the time - that's going to be your starting point.

Otherwise, if you're like most other hunters and don't like going back and forth per hour, blind luck is all you need.

Krush has four main spawning points (I found him right where the Gorillas spawn near the Wintergrasp river - he pathed all the way around to the Skyreach Pillar before I nailed his tame at the two gorillas on Kastarakov. Where he stops and turns around is also two shared spawn points of Loque'nahak) - I would suggest camping him specifically at either the Glimmering Pillar or the Skyreach Pillar. The other two spawn points (The Suntouched Pillar & The Maker's Perch) are wide open and will attract douchebags who are only out for a rare kill, but they are doable, provided you do not let Krush go too close to the Nesingwary Campsite. The guards have a large aggro range and will open fire if Krush comes too close.

Take heed. He hits HARD. Highest crit he's capable of is 8k (he did that to Laz). He also crits in a row - 3 to 8k every successful hit during the tame.
I highly recommend not being silly enough to think 20k health is enough. Try at least 24k health. Garwulf had 25k health when he did his solo-tame. Stack stamina and haste out the wazoo because Krush can make mincemeat out of you very quickly.

He's completely immune to all forms of crowd control, so don't even try to trap him. He'll walk straight through them and eat your face.

Garwulf's guide has all the taming macros and trinkets you'll need. And if you can't get those trinkets, anything that has stamina or haste/or can be gemmed with stam/haste gems will suffice.

It took Kas five times to nab Krush - first four attempts were hindered by his random fearing (yes, bastard has that too!), fifth tame went as smooth as silk.
Laz is still searching for her Vermithrax (*more pet slots, oh please more pet slots, Blizz!*)

If you're a Troll Hunter, pop Beserking to lessen the tame time down to a more manageable 10 - 15 seconds long.
Any other race, haste will be the key to an easy, but no less heartpounding tame.

Above all else, GOOD LUCK and I hope you find him and tame that great big fearing King of Sholazar =D

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Glimmering Pillar, saw him at about 8:40 a.m. and (finally) successfully tamed him right at 9:00 a.m., maybe 8:59 (it was just about right on the dot).

Everything Kastarakovski said is true, so very true. Even if you think you're prepared he'll most likely still throw you for a loop and make you wonder why on earth you're putting yourself through this...... But in the end he's SO worth it. <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Got my tame down to a 3sec window of possible fearing, & I camped exactly 10hrs give or take in Sholazar Basin - saw him @
1:30am+ pst on a sunday - west of Nesingwary Camp - tagged but blew the tame, someone of my own faction killed.
slept 5hrs
12:30pm+ pst same day- Glimmering Pillar - slain by a gnome mage.
10:30pm+ pst same day - Skyreach Pillar near the wasps - successful tame after 5+ attempts
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Jeauno
Realm: Moon Guard (US)

Unread post by Jeauno »

A friend of mine spotted him near the pillar that Loque spawns at. She wound up tracking him back and forth between there and the Gorillas while I flew in from Dalaran weighing my hopes of actually taming the beast I'd had unfortunate attempts with in the past. After all, the time before I'd tried taming him a person from my own faction (Horde) came and killed him while WHILE I was taming. T.T So, this time with a heavy heart I flew in and began the ritual dance of luck with Krush. For the life of me I just couldn't seem to get him. So, to my luck a priest friend flew in and after FOURTY FIVE minutes of him being alive we were starting to get somewhere. I don't know how we managed to keep him alive for an hour without anyone dropping in and royally screwing me over....but we did. Maybe it was the fact that I kept muttering "I'm freaking krushing on you Krush >.>" over vent....maybe it was the fact that I've managed to get Loque for over 15 different hunters on our server...maybe it was just flat out luck...but I'm the happy owner of a King named Yoshisaur now...

*waves the white flag*

Meichelle (85) Moon Guard (US)