New Spirit Beast before Cataclysm

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Will there be a new Spirit Beast before Cataclysm?

Poll ended at Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 27

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

New Spirit Beast before Cataclysm

Unread post by Tilo »

Just wondering as I know several have all the spirit beasts... do you think that Blizzard will introduce another Spirit Beast before Cataclysm is released?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Re: New Spirit Beast before Cataclysm

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I voted no. I think they will wait till they expand our stable slots.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ade
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Ade »

I'll say yes. :mrgreen: I think it will appear in the same patch as ruby sacntum :shock:
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I voted (and hope that it's) no. I don't have the room in my stables for another pet. The only one I would even consider releasing is Twinblade, my chimaera, but I happen to like him a lot and prefer to keep him.

With Cataclysm (and the pre-expansion patch launch) only a few months away, I am hoping that they'll just wait until then, when we have more stable slots.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

No. So far they have only released new ones along with major content patches. The only upcoming content patch is ruby sanctum, and it ain't a major one.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:No. So far they have only released new ones along with major content patches. The only upcoming content patch is ruby sanctum, and it ain't a major one.
We don't know if it isn't going to be a major patch- I mean this is when the black dragonflight are making themselves known to the world that Deathwing is starting to awaken and tunnel up to the surface. There's also those npc mobs in cities/towns that are evidently going to be the cause of earthquakes that were reported on the ptr for patch 3.3.3, and also afaik Arc wasn't in that major of a patch was it? I mean Blizzard never said anything about him as far as I remember and people didn't believe Arc was going to be a spirit beast/was in the patch until discovered on the PTR.

Anyways I'm hoping yes as even if I don't have room on any alts atm to tame anymore/none high enough to tame- there was a lovely spiritbeastish owl in one of the threads somewhere here and while like STD cat and Arc, just a see thru model of the creature, it did appeal to me and it appealed to Aria.

Cause not everyone loves Loque/STD cat/Skoll or Arc as we all know- and not everyone like us are civil enough to leave people well enough alone for their SB choices :(
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

no 3.4 coming so ;) next spirit beast or elemental beast will be in cataclysm

elemental beast: hmm i like this new exotic pet i just made xD
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Nope, because Ruby Sanctum is, at the moment, just 3.3.5. If they change it to 3.5 flat out, then we might, but it's hard to say. Sanctum itself is just a "LOOK! SHINEY! WE AREN'T DONE WITH CATACLYSM YET, TAKE THIS PEACE OFFERING!" type deal.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Blizzard's dividing line between minor and major content patches is pretty thin. I don't really expect then to add a new spirit beast before Cataclysm, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they did.