Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

I think I'm confused :(

Unread post by Kirsten »

Hunter - Marksmanship

Trueshot Aura's tooltip wording has been fixed to include "melee" attack power.

I think I'm confused on this part as I read the tooltip that popped up on mmo-chamion.com. It said before increased attack power by 20% and ranged attack power by 10%. Now it says melee attack power by 20% and ranged attack power by 10%. Does this mean they're getting rid of our ranged attack power by the full 20% or are WE (the hunter with trueshot Aura) are included in ranged and lose 10%? In other words..

::Now::
Hunter -> 20% ATK PWR and other ranged 10% ATK PWR.

::4.3::
Hunter -> nothing and other ranged 10% and melee 20% ATK PWR.

- OR -

Hunter -> 10% ATK PWR (including other ranged) and melee 20% ATK PWR.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: I think I'm confused :(

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hunters never got 20% of it. They're giving a buff to help melee out because they feel melee is low in raids right now. All of this can be read on MMO-Champion.

Any buff that previously gave 10% attack power to all classes now gives 20% melee attack power and 10% ranged.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Kirsten »

But the tool tip says "increased attack power by 20% and ranged attack power by 10% for party or raid members within 100 yards" how is that saying we never got a buff from it?
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Kirsten »

...I regret saying that. XD Mmochamp is wrong -- I just looked at my hunter personally (on WoW.)

Maybe that's why I was confused in the first place. O_o
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

MMO-Champion is posting stuff for the PTR, and what they post in green is nothing more than a datamined tooltip correction that Blizzard will be making. However, the buff is intended to work that melee will get 30% attack power from it, and hunters will get 10%.

And by saying you never got buffed by the 20% is true; it was never intended for hunters to get 20% increased attack power because they already perform really strongly in raid environments.

Also, MMO-C isn't wrong if you're referring to live as all of these changes are for 4.3 and are a part of Blizzard's plan for next patch. I'm pretty sure there's already a topic about these changes somewhere on these boards, and if not, they can be found on MMO-C--all attack power buffs are being changed this way.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]