The Fire Shaman

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

The Fire Shaman

Unread post by Sigrah »

I don't know about most players, but I was having a hard time finding a look for my Dwarf and Goblin Shammies. On the Dwarves especially, I didn't like how the hands were so huge in proportion to the rest of their anatomy. Another thing I didn't want is a kilt or robe look for either race because I spend most of my time in Enhancement and have a hard time picturing anyone meleeing with a long kilt or robe that practically touches the ground. Anyways, after working on it for awhile, I *FINALLY* built a set I truly like, and have posted pics of my Dwarf in it. I call it "The Fire Shaman - He doesn't use Lava Lash, he *IS* the Lava Lash" :) And of course, I posted a full list of the gear and alternate items you can sub in if you want to build a similar set for yourself:

Shown Gear:
Head: Stalker's Helmet of Second Sight
Shoulder: Battleforge Shoulderguards
Back: Vicious Gladiator's Cape of Prowess
Chest: Battleforge Armor
Wrist: Battleforge Wristguards
Hands: Battleforge Gauntlets
Waist: Ornate Girdle
Legs: Battleforge Legguards
Feet: Battleforge Boots
Shirt: Orange Martial Shirt
Weapons: Swiftsteel Bludgeon / Syphon of Nathrezim

Alternate Gear:
- General: Blood Knight armor pieces can be used as substitutes for most Battleforge pieces. Only the Blood Knight Pauldrons are drastically different from the Bloodforge Shoulderguards.
- Head: Maulgar's Warhelm has an identical graphic to the Stalker's Helmet of Second Sight if you already did the quest chain for it, or if you prefer not to do it at all. The Crown of Flame from Firelands also goes nicely with this set.
- One Handed Maces: Bloodskull Destroyer have the same graphic as the Swiftsteel Bludgeon, but is also bigger in size. Still, it's easier to get than the Swiftsteel Bludgeon and Syphon of Nathrezim (both drop in Black Temple). Runic Hammer is another mace with different graphics that might fit well with this set. Finally, Lavaforged Warhammer, Drakefist Hammer, Dragonmaw, and Dragonstrike all fit this set pretty well, but they are supposedly no longer obtainable because they were part of the "Mace Specialization" for Blacksmiths, and were removed when Blacksmithing specialties were taken out of the game.
- One Handed Axes: Crul'korak, the Lightning's Arc, Touch of Madness, Firebrand Battleaxe, Fel Iron Hatchet, and Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos all go well with this set, just to name a few.

Full Wowhead Link: The Fire Shaman Set

Edit: Updated images to those obtained from WMV
Attachments
Fire Shaman Unarmed.png
Fire Shaman Unarmed.png (411.09 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Fire Shaman Armed.png
Fire Shaman Armed.png (664.76 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Last edited by Sigrah on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The Fire Shaman

Unread post by Lupis »

Okay, that is pretty amazing. The helm looks great.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

This is a very impressive set :)
Everything meshes nicely together and looks really sharp.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Love it!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

and here I was wondering how I should dress my dwarf hunter who has an orange theme!