Plate Sets *Image Heavy*

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Plate Sets *Image Heavy*

Unread post by Sigrah »

Over the past few weeks, I've been spending a lot of time building verious sets for my toons. In this thread, I'm showing off some of the plate sets I've built. Four of them use a Human male model, but can fit either gender pretty well. The last two, however, were built with female toons in mind, and use my Blood Elf Hunter for display reasons. Like with the other threads I've done, feel free to post comments, criticisms, and critiques:

Redsteel Set

Shown Gear:
Head: Redsteel Helm
Shoulder: Redsteel Shoulders
Back: Bloodmoon Cloak
Chest: Redsteel Breastplate
Wrist: Redsteel Bracers
Hands: Redsteel Gauntlets
Waist: Redsteel Belt
Legs: Redsteel Legguards
Feet: Redsteel Boots
Shirt: Stylish Black Shirt (Optional)
Weapon: Angerfang Greatsword

Full Wowhead Link: Redsteel Set

This set is one of my favorites. In general, I don't like most of the helm looks that go with the armor sets, but this style is an exception. It has a nice blood red and stony gray/black look to it, and the best part is that any high level blacksmith is able to craft it. The Stylish Black Shirt is optional, but it covers the parts of the arms that would otherwise be exposed, and blends in very well.

Stormforged Set

Shown Gear:
Head: Stormforged Helm
Shoulder: Stormforged Shoulders
Back: Mantle of Fury
Chest: Stormforged Breastplate
Wrist: Stormforged Bracers
Hands: Stormforged Gauntlets
Waist: Stormforged Belt
Legs: Stormforged Legguards
Feet: Stormforged Boots
Shirt: Brown Linen Shirt (Optional)
Weapon: Splinterspear Greatsword

Full Wowhead Link: Stormforged Set

This set is similar to the Redsteel Set, only with a brown and gold color scheme. It is also one of my favorites, and has a more neutral look to it compared to the Redsteel set. It is also craftable by high level blacksmiths, making it pretty easy to get. The Brown Linen Shirt is optional, but covers up the exposed areas that would otherwise show skin. Without the shirt, the breastplate has almost a harness like look to it. Finally, if you're on the Alliance side, the Ironforge cloak and tabbard go very well with this set if you want to show your pride for the Dwarves.

Magma Plated Set

Shown Gear:
Head: None
Shoulder: Magma Plated Pauldrons
Back: Spidersilk Drape
Chest: Magma Plated Battleplate
Wrist: Any (Doesn't show, they are covered by the Gauntlets)
Hands: Magma Plated Gauntlets
Waist: Belt of the Ferocious Wolf
Legs: Magma Plated Legplates
Feet: Rock Furrow Boots
Shirt: None (Doesn't show, shirts are covered by the set completely)
Weapon: Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter

Full Wowhead Link: Magma Plated Set

This set is built exclusively for Death Knights, though duplicate looking items probably exist as drops in Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent that would be usable by Warriors and Paladins. The set also requires a little imagination in that WMV shows normal fire on the Magma Plated Pauldrons instead of its true color, which is the same color as that seen on Bryntroll. It has a nice "Frost" look to it, which is my favorite spec when playing my Death Knights.

Fel Iron Set

Shown Gear:
Head: The Horseman's Horrific Helmet
Shoulder: Pauldrons of the Wardancer
Back: Might of the Ocean Serpent
Chest: Fel Iron Breastplate
Wrist: Emerald Vambraces
Hands: Fel Iron Plate Gloves
Waist: Fel Iron Plate Belt
Legs: Fel Iron Plate Pants
Feet: Fel Iron Plate Boots
Shirt: Green Workman's Shirt (Optional, but *HIGHLY* encouraged)
Weapon: Manslayer of the Qiraji

Full Wowhead Link: Fel Iron Set

This set is a repost of a set I built after being inspired by someone's Emerald Plate Set with a similar idea to build around the Headless Horseman's Helm. It utilizes Fel Iron armor pieces for much of the look, and a few filler pieces for the slots that don't have Fel Iron armor available. I think it would be great for anyone who was a fierce, evil look for their character. Finally, the good news is that the Headless Horseman's Helmet *is* usable in transmogrification as of this post.

* Updated shoulder slot item from Jasperlode Pauldrons to Pauldrons of the Wardancer since I now know how to solo Hydross the Unstable on my DK's and Paladin. If you can't otherwise take him down, then the Jasperlode Pauldrons are a close second.

Fire Paladin Theme Set

Shown Gear:
Shoulder: Avenger's Pauldrons
Back: Phoenix-Wing Cloak
Chest: Hyperion Armor
Wrist: Hyperion Vambraces
Hands: Hyperion Gauntlets
Waist: Hyperion Girdle
Legs: Legplates of Blazing Light
Feet: Magma Tempered Boots
Shirt: None
Weapon: Sin'dorei Warblade

Full Wowhead Link: Fire Paladin Theme Set

This set is one of two sets I've built so far with a female toon in mind. It is pretty revealing, but I don't think it goes too overboard compared to some of the "Platekini's" that are floating about about there. The set is yet another "fire theme" (I seem to have a fascination with the fire type looks), and uses Hyperion pieces along with some raid drops from AQ 40 and Molten Core. One side note: The Sin'Dorei Warblade is only available to Horde toons, but a Fel Iron Greatsword could be subbed in its place.

Purple Revenant Set

Shown Gear:
Shoulder: Justice Bearer's Pauldrons
Back: Cloak of Crimson Snow
Chest: Revenant Chestplate
Wrist: Revenant Bracers
Hands: Revenant Gauntlets
Waist: Revenant Girdle
Legs: Revenant Leggings
Feet: Revenant Boots
Shirt: None
Weapon: Arkadian Claymore

Full Wowhead Link: Purple Revenant Set

This set is the other set I built with a female toon in mind. It is also somewhat revealing, but like with the Fire Paladin set, I don't think it goes overboard. It uses the Purple Revenant armor pieces, and also requires some imagination as WMV doesn't show the purple glow that radiates from the Arkadian Claymore. However, wowhead has a screenshot of what this purple glow looks like. And while the Arkadian Claymore is Horde only, it does have an Alliance equivalent called Halaani Claymore that is identical to it. Finally, it should be noted that there are *TWO* Revenant sets, so be careful if you plan to build this set for yourself.
Attachments
Redsteel Set.png
Redsteel Set.png (472.19 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Stormforged Set.png
Stormforged Set.png (466.44 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Revenant Set.png
Revenant Set.png (358.7 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Fire Paladin Set.png
Fire Paladin Set.png (348.08 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Magma Plated Set.png
Magma Plated Set.png (542.27 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Fel Iron Set.png
Fel Iron Set.png (609.5 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Last edited by Sigrah on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reimmi
Realm: lethon

Re: Plate Sets *Image Heavy*

Unread post by Reimmi »

I quite like the revenant one, is there a reliable way to farm the set? (my server is low pop so i'll never see it on the AH).
Binni
Realm: (US) The Scryers, (US) Moon Guard

Unread post by Binni »

Can't leave out the revealing, sexy Glorious plate set! http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=330#. :headbang:

EDIT: I have to say, I have yet to see 1 PIECE of this set on the Auction House on 2 servers. I am sad. :cry:
Last edited by Binni on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Reimmi wrote:I quite like the revenant one, is there a reliable way to farm the set? (my server is low pop so i'll never see it on the AH).
The only thing I can suggest is that you look at the individual pieces on Wowhead and see which dungeons a given piece drops in and pick the instance with the better drop rate. I suggest dungeons because random green quality items have a higher chance of dropping in dungeons than they do in outdoor zones. Dungeons are also a set environment, meaning you can go in and clear all the mobs, then leave and reset the instance to do it all over again as needed. With outdoor zones, you have hunt a much larger area for spawns, wait for repops, and worry about potential competition for mobs. Good luck.