A feel-good moment...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

A feel-good moment...

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Headcold + lower body waging war on you = not a very good start to the weekend.

So I'm on Lazona, flying around on her sparkly new mount, and I enter Zul'Drak looking for cobalt nodes and Terror Spinner pops. Figuring I'm a bit late on the uptake, I make straight for its more-preferred spawning point, in amongst the raptors and bats. Lo and behold, it's there. Spam for a hunter out to tame the eight-legged beauty...and nobody answers. I fly about for a little bit before deciding I'm better off euthanising the spider myself rather than the DK farmer that's always out there at this time of night. 25g, 20 frostweave and a rather nice pair of mail shoulders suitable for shamans.

I do an abrupt 180 turn and fly into Grizzly Hills. I'm on my approach to the lodge to mail off Terror Spinner's drops when...Arcturis pops...right underneath me. I've never seen this spirit bear up close and personal, so I land and path my Celestial Steed around him for a while, getting some screenshots. Upon closer observation, he really is quite cute, but both Laz and Kas are maxed out with stables. So I do the humane thing, I start searching for available hunters in the nearest areas - Zul'Drak, Dragonblight and the Hills themselves.

I nail every single MM Hunter in all three zones. Hey, that's my luck at work! Just as I'm considering logging my horde and repeating the search, a level 74 flagged Nelf Hunter stumbles upon the two of us - Arc merrily pathing around and me atop my Celestial Steed. There's a scattering of "OMFG!!" in /say and I think, yep, found one XD

I tell him my stables are maxed out and Arc's all his if he's BM. Turns out he's been looking for Arcturis since the spirit bear went live and has never seen him *waves flag* So, with me standing guard, Guthan races back to the Stable Master, stables his wolfie and makes a beeline for the glowy one. He drops a freezing trap, and I do the same to make things just a bit easier for him. Tame goes off without a hitch and he's the proud owner of a sweet little spirit bear. He tries to offer me gold for finding him, but I refuse to take it; he popped right under me, I had no room, and no way am I taking gold for something that was blind luck. We exchange a little chat about our pets (very taken by Nightshade, but then, she turns heads even now...mah scaly baby <3) and then I head off for more cobalt farming.

I might not have the room but Arc's now grown on me after seeing him wild and untouched.
...Damnit, I'm hopeless XD!
Arcturis Spawn and Tame by Guthan of Face Palm - Saurfang.jpg
Arcturis Spawn and Tame by Guthan of Face Palm - Saurfang.jpg (111.41 KiB) Viewed 267 times

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: A feel-good moment...

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yay! I'm so glad someone finally tamed Arcturis! I know I've seen him three times in the wild with absolutely no one around (two of the times I was on a flight path and saw him on my radar). It seems like there's so many people that want him and yet I just keep finding him, lol. Too bad I don't really like bears (plus Shikon is my pretty spirit beasty).

Dang, wish I could play WoW at work. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I think Arc is a care bear. Everyone around him gets warm fluffy feelings. I once spent a good 30 minutes with another hunter chatting and looking for him. I'd see that hunter occasionally until I got him. I only hope that they got it too. >.>

And I had Arcturis (Arktos) but I traded him out for Apollo.
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

More like a calm, cool, collected carebear.