*sigh* -Grisley Trophies

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

*sigh* -Grisley Trophies

Unread post by Shade »

As far as I can tell, when killing these things, if my pet deals the killing blow instead of myself, I do not get a Grisly Trophy for killing that creature. Considering that the pet is an extension of the hunter, how is this fair? Do I have to kill twice as many things to get the same amount of trophies as other people?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems it is I get nothing if my pet does more damage to the enermy then myself. So I can't pull multiple mobs and focus on one while my pet tanks another down.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: *sigh* -Grisley Trophies

Unread post by Redith »

Shade wrote: Edit: Nevermind, it seems it is I get nothing if my pet does more damage to the enermy then myself. So I can't pull multiple mobs and focus on one while my pet tanks another down.
Yha lol. I once ran a lv 15 group through RC as an 82 and thought "Hey Ill just put my pet on aggressive and let him go Balls to the wall and shred everything.....Turns out that that gains no exp for everyone
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't think it matters who does the most damage, you just have to personally tag the beast. If your pet is on auto and kills the beast without you doing anything at all manually to it, then you don't tag. So you need to at least hit it with a shot. Maybe even spells that do damage via the pet will work. I'm not certain, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

The best way to farm them is to go to ice crown and kill the mobs there, especially the heroes ( don't remember the exact name, but they are in the area where the dragonhawk riders are) they come in pacs of 5-6 and are easily one-shotted. Enjoy:)
Don't panic!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I was killing the Converted Heros earlier, only took me about 5-10 mins to get all 250.

There's not really a rush though. The quest is not a daily, rather it's a once-per-Faire week thing, so you have the entire week. You'll most likely get 250 kills within that time pretty easily, so if you don't feel like doing it all at once there's no need to.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I went for the stone bat packs in Deepholm - didn't take long, though I did end up running around waiting on respawns a little. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

did a quick sweep of icecrown earlier.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Also, I got around 50 trophys in Well of Eternity. THe last part with all the demons is wonderful. Especially when you get the Aoe coming from you...park by the portal, easy :)

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Jelani wrote:Also, I got around 50 trophys in Well of Eternity. THe last part with all the demons is wonderful. Especially when you get the Aoe coming from you...park by the portal, easy :)
....good idea! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Yeah, it seems to be almost random. While I was running dungeons earlier sometimes I seemed to get one every kill, sometimes I could go almost the whole first half without getting one. First I thought I had to get killing blow, but then I got one when my group started killing a pack while I was distracted and hadn't even started attacking yet... So it's either bugged, or it's a high, but not 100% drop rate.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave