ive been bad!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

ive been bad!

Unread post by Ana »

i deleted my lvl 60 priest, cause it was 6 months since i played her last so i needed to reconnect with Tía. And while ive been in the lower dungeon grps, ive been telling all hunters with an unnamed pet, that a named pet does 3 % more dps then an unnamed one :P - and sofare with great luck.... all unnamed beast has been named.

but its kinda being bad to lie --- isn´t it? - just cant have unnamed pets :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: ive been bad!

Unread post by Chimera »

:lol: the fact people thought it was true (unless they're new to the game that is or dont know that pets have a natural base damage and then added damage according to talents and your attributes) is hilarious.. as for the 'unnamed' part... im kinda iffy on that. While i feel its good to name pets, i sorta think that their unnamed state is in a way a name in itself.. in the books known as the Chronicles of Darkness (amazing read seriously if you loved the series involving The Sight... author of the Chronicles of Darkness series being Michelle Paver and David Clement-Davies being the author of the The Sight/Fell, The Telling Pool, Firebringer) the main character Torak, in his time where people lived in tribes, was of the wolf clan, and he rescued the sole survivor of a mother wolf and her pups that died in a flood and he became simply known as 'Wolf' while Torak was known to Wolf by many names (i dont remember them tho, they werent names but rather descriptions). So in a way, if i wanted to RP as Torak and tame a wolf, it would simply be known as Wolf rather then some of my more frequently used names like Shade or Snowfall or Draug, Feng, etc. etc.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

you could name it wolf , no capital W, then ppl would notice it was a name? - i dont know.. i just have a thing for unnamed pets :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh you devious lil thing you! *noogies* XD I like it....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Schattens
Realm: Moonrunner, Tanaris, Wyrmrest Accord (Horde Side)

Unread post by Schattens »

That is Epic, Ha Ha Ha the only time I don't name my pets is if I'm running down to get one and tame a random pet for along the way, if I do name it, its usually "TamingFodder"
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

devil scheeme worked again tonight in RFK - lovely unnamed tiger, went from cat to Murphy :D....and odly enough the hunter began to do more dps

i wonder.. do i have the power to say things and then they become true? :lol:

in that case:: :lol:

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

That's just silly. Both that it bothers you enough to lie about and that people believed it. People do have the right to keep it named or unnamed if they want, and better that it's unnamed than AssScratcher or Pickurnose or Bitchplz or something like that.

Besides, sometimes my pets just don't need a name. Like I've always said, I had a Cat named Cat. I liked Cat. When I ended up finally naming Cat because people kept bothering me to name Cat, I suddenly hated Cat and abandoned him promptly after. Some pets just don't ever click with a name, because that's not them.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Azunara wrote:Sometimes my pets just don't need a name. Some pets just don't ever click with a name, because that's not them.
I can see where you're coming from. I'm sure all my pets would be quite content to be nameless, I name them for myself. And while there are plenty of reasons to be running around with a nameless pet, even if you like naming them, I'll admit it makes a bad first impression on me when I see someone with an unnamed pet. I shouldn't jump to negative conclusions, but that inclination is there.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Imo it would be worse if the name wasnt 'Wolf' or 'Cat' but rather the actual word 'Unnamed' like creatures in click sites, they're called Unnamed rather then their species like in DC say, a Sunset Dragon being called 'Sunset Dragon' or a Pillow Dragon being called 'Pillow Dragon'.. they're all known by their codenumbers and in magistream those creatures are called 'Unnamed' even when they're an egg and they arent named after their species like 'Coal Wyrm' for Coal Wyrms or 'Cacao Jackalope' for Cacao Jackalopes. It would bug me then if pets were known as 'Unnamed' rather then 'Wolf' or 'Cat' or 'Spirit Beast'. And if the character in a book happens to be named Wolf.. im going to keep it named 'Wolf' if im basing my character off them :/ in the book the wolves name isnt 'wolf' its 'Wolf', its always capitalized no matter where in the sentence it is because its a character not just some beast being mentioned :/ i dont use the default name 'Wolf', i will actually go to the rename option and type 'Wolf' so even tho it looks unnamed it really is named.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I had a bug two days ago when calling my Gondria on an alt. She normally has the beautiful name Charlene, but I called her and it said "Unknown", I checked the stable master and she showed as "Unknown", I dismissed her and called her again, still "Unknown", I called a different pet, it showed up with it's correct name. I called Charlene and she was still "Unknown". I ended up not playing her this day, the next day she was back fine. Seems like she had some super secret mission to do or whatever...
I also had the problem a few months ago when naming a pet, it didn't take the name after confirming it and stayed "cat"/"wolf"/... but a different pet in my stable suddendly had the name I wanted to give the new one. And no, I didn't have unnamed pets in my stable. It renamed my Devilsaur Uppsala to Pearl, when I "named" Ankha and she didn't take the name. I had to use a scroll to rename my Devilsaur properly and on second try Ankha got her intended name. I had it happen a few times with different pets (Ankha, a cat from the barrens and two others I don't remeber). It even made me reconsider if they didn't approve of the name I had selected :shock:

Did something like that happen to any of you?

edit: the naming-confusion happened on different hunters, too. So it wasn't only Finduilas' pets.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Schattens
Realm: Moonrunner, Tanaris, Wyrmrest Accord (Horde Side)

Unread post by Schattens »

Tarnfalk say, "Schattens is going to win a million dollars" say it, say it! oh why isnt it comming true!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'm sure I've related it here before, but back in early WotLK, I had a cat pet which I named Cat. When a wolf pet became the raiding pet of choice, I let Cat go and tamed a wolf, which I named Cat. I used PetEmote back then so now and then you'd see "Skywatchers wolf Cat <does something or other>" which made the other raid members say my poor pet needed therapy. I countered by telling them that he *thought* he was a cat. I even made some pet emotes for him where he'd bring people dead mice or play with a ball of yarn.

Alas, poor wolf Cat became a dog when Cata came out, making him even more confused.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe i realise that ppl have mix feelings about unnamed pets, and i understand that :), i have also stopped saying so in dungones, cause well i wanna be a nice girl, and nice girls(in my world) do not lie .

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Azunara wrote: Besides, sometimes my pets just don't need a name. Like I've always said, I had a Cat named Cat. I liked Cat. When I ended up finally naming Cat because people kept bothering me to name Cat, I suddenly hated Cat and abandoned him promptly after. Some pets just don't ever click with a name, because that's not them.
You could have named your cat Kat. :)

My bf's hunter has a dog named Deeogie (D-O-G)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!