Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 5: Wolves!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 5: Wolves!

Unread post by Arthur »

I love wolves, & Here are my precious little ones. c:

Ashpelt

Poppy

And on my lowbie Blood Elf Hunter,
Snowflake.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I think I must be the only hunter without a wolf! Some nice ones here.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

So back when I was leveling my second Night elf hunter, Syleanora, through Feralas, I went and tamed Snarler (and kept his name Snarler). I freaking LOVE him! He's such an awesome wolf. I don't know what it is but he's got this awesome personality. <3
Attachments
SyleanoraSnarler.jpg
SyleanoraSnarler.jpg (90.85 KiB) Viewed 2770 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Snarler i think definitely has a unique personality to him. I always see him as a loyal shadow, following you from a distance but always close enough to come to your rescue if something threatens you. He's more then a few times suddenly pounced on me to eat my face while afk in his patrol routes :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

Here's Talaridan and his loyal companion, Spot. She was a tame from the Random Pet Challenge and is here to stay.

I love her little bark when she is clicked and it was fun to sneak into Theramoore to tame her. :D

I picture her more as a coyote/dog cross than a wolf, though she is one by game mechanics. I really enjoy her company and she's becoming his icon pet. Everyone that knows Tala also knows Spot! :D
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I hated wolves throughout my WoW career until I created Corpsebryde. Her best friend is Banshee, a diseased skin wolf. I go everywhere with him and since DK and warrior buffs have made my beloved cat family obsolete, Banshee is my dungeon and raid buddy :) I've even modeled my transmog to match him!

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I love the saber worgs! I wish I had a mount with that model!
Two of my favourite pets (see signature) are based on that model. I also love the old ones, but I find they need a massive graphic improvement (like most of vanilla pets, sadly..)
Fred is my main non-BM pet, I love the story behind his tame: that's one of those lvl 1 worgs added in Cata, that sneak around the human starter zone. I love to think that I saved my puppy from this sad fate, being killed by human newbies, eww! :hug:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hate to do this to you, Ezi, but your signature can only contain one image in it.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123

OT: I need to get pictures of the wolves my hunters have. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Hate to do this to you, Ezi, but your signature can only contain one image in it.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123

OT: I need to get pictures of the wolves my hunters have. :lol:
But not to fear! You can use a website that rotates signatures and avatars. I think a lot of us use signavatar.com. Pretty sure that's the website, anyway...haven't been on it in a while. :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

If there is any model/skin that I wish I had, it's the GSG - I hit 70 the same day it was removed from the game.
Image Image
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Finally got around to taking pictures…

Rassaa has a wolf, though he's not one of her favorites. Still, he's a very nice and perfectly respectable beast.
He's also evil.

I tamed Zant on whim, back when buff pets were only just discovered. A friend grabbed the quest and stayed with me until I finally managed to nab him. He's outlasted my other wolves, though I wonder if that's just because of the "shiny" factor. Either way, Zant's a good pet when I need a wolf around.

I used to have several other wolves. Rassaa had Copper and Rust, a prairie wolf and Deathmaw respectively, and for a good while had OCJ named Thorium. I never really connected to any of them (though Copper came the closest). I just don't think wolves fit Rassaa all that well.

Daphine had a wolf as well, a while one named after my recently deceased pet, Emily. However, I stopped using her after a while, and eventually let her go. I don't need a pixel pet to remember the actual pet.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

A wolf was the very first pet I ever tamed on hawk, way back in vanilla when he was just a baby level 10 and you still had to do the quest! 0.o
He was named howler and lasted well into the forties, unfortunately that was when you had to ding your pets too, I eventually outleveled him past the point of no return, I had to abandon him and I nearly cried doing it, I remade a new drainai hunter who is my 19 twink who retakes howler in a heartbeat, I still live him to death <3

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'm late to this party, and I SOOO don't care. Wolves are my favorite of the WoW families. My orc, who's... well, an orc... has half a stable full of wolves :lol:

Even her mainly-used spirit beast, and another, are both wolves (Shiver, my Karoma, and Zodiac, my Skoll).

In her stables, you can find:

Thrakk, the armored Horde wolf whose name is Heroic in Orcish;
Windbiter, the Ghost Howl (always loved him and wished he was tameable);
Grim, the Old Cliff Jumper who was a constant raiding companion in WotLK;
Atropos, the Snarler who was her main pet for a very long time;
an as-yet unnamed Sentry Worg from Icecrown who comes in many colors, and
Uruk, a black worg who growls when clicked, and who is the pup of some crazy-famous Blackrock Bloodlines (he was one of the Worg Pups of Halycon & Gizrul :P )

I also had a Worgen for awhile, named Raznos (for Friend, since my friends kindly came to help tame) and am very sad Blizz retired him :( I had the oil-stained wolf too, named Void, but again it wasn't "my thing" :lol:

There's supposedly another retired wolf, by the way--the Matriarch at Dun Niffelem or however that's spelled. I think she was tameable if you set yourself "at war" to the faction, but because the tamed pet still offered quests, it was retired (note that this is just what I'd heard, and I can't confirm it!).

Obligatory pics, some from back when the appearance-buffed pets & worgen pet were tameable:

Attachments
Void.png
Void.png (410.75 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Ah, wolves... My favorite animal IRL. Jurzee has one wolf. I tried to tame more. Many more. I love wolves. It upsets me that every other one I've tamed had to be set free. Had to be. I just can't have any other wolf. No matter how much I love the family. No matter how much I want more.

I've played WoW since vanilla when your first pet was the one you tamed at level 10. Jurzee was my first character and I knew my first pet had to be a wolf. I was 10 years old, of course my first pet had to be my favorite animal. So, when I could finally tame my first pet I went to the closest wolf. Haha. The closest wolf was a level 5 or 6. and back then you had to level up your pets so taming the closest wolf probaly wasn't my best choice. The closest wolf was also the tan skin. Tan and brown are my least favorite colors. Haha. Even so, it was a wolf. I wanted a wolf for my first pet and I wanted it ASAP. When I tamed the prarie wolf I then pondered a name while leveling. Remebemer, I'm 10. I'm also a terrible speller. My aunt...Susey? Is that how you usually spell the name? called my mother. Well, Jersey is how you spell it yet my hunter was Jurzee, so no matter how you usually spell it I was going to spell it Suzee. Ah, such a lame and unmeangingful name. I met my aunt, but I was so little... I barely knew her. And, Suzee in general is a lame name for a pet. But even so, Suzee has been with me through everything. You always hear those stories of peope abandoning a beloved pet back when we only had 3 or 5 stable slots for new shiny trophy pets or the top notch pet of the expac, then begging for the pet to be restored to them later. (I'm not attacking those people, just comparing. I think those stories are cute) But, I never abandoned Suzee. And then, Certificate of Ownership was introduced. I could rename her. Something more fitting. Something more meaningful. But, I didn't even try. I knew that Suzee was Suzee. I couldn't change her name. I could never let her go. I can't even put her in my stables. I couldn't change her skin. I couldn't change her. Anything about her. Eventually I will have a different hunter as a main, but no matter what Jurzee holds a special place in my heart. And, Suzee holds an even bigger, specialer (I know that's not a word, but she's so special that I have to use incorrect grammar to describe her) place in my heart. Suzee is what makes Jurzee Jurz. And, Suzee is what makes me feel like I would be Jurz if WoW was real. And most of all, Suzee is what makes WoW wow for me. No matter what hunter is my main, Suzee will always be my main and most absolute favorite pet :)

Suzee <3
Blaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Blaix »

Acherontia I LOVE that shot of your Oil Worg <3

Cash is my main man, we go practically everywhere together. A friend helped me tame, he took quite awhile but it was well worth the time. Cash stalks his prey from afar then goes for the throat!

Zatoichi is a very calm wolf, an old soul if you will. War is like a game off chess, you must always take advantage of the opponents moves to win! I don't currently use Zatoichi as much as I would like since I primarily have Cash and feel two wolves is overkill :/

I don't yes have a picture of my Tesla (Skoll)! I will have to work on this...

Whiskeyjack

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I've had a few wolves come and go on my hunter Torachi (back when he was still Toshimitsu) though Torachi still keeps the colour-changing Northrend wolf in his stables. The only wolf I ever really felt connected to and put effort into developing a story for was Chase, the wolf (though I prefer to think of him as a more domesticated wild dog) that I had with my human hunter Khyle. This started back in Wrath when Blizz first announced human hunters, and that hunters would start with a default pet, one that's different for each race. I'd already established that I'd wanted a wolf for Khyle, so I was so happy when they announced that wolves would be the humans' default!

(old art... please ignore style)