"Appearance Buff" Pets

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

"Appearance Buff" Pets

Unread post by Agravaine »

Pets that currently lose their appearance effect when they die and get resurrected still do so in MoP Beta.

Tested it with Boo, my Ghostpaw Alpha. :(

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Re: "Appearance Buff" Pets

Unread post by Masquerain »

Has anyone tested the other appearance-buff pets, like the Oil-Stained Wolf?
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Oil-Stained Wolves are almost certainly safe since we know the effect persists through death, and we've been allowed to keep them through a number of major patches and one expansion. The only thing that takes away the oil slick effect is bringing them to arenas.

Can't speak for any others, though, as I haven't any besides those (the oil-stained wolf and ghostpaw alpha).

Or were you asking about the taming process?

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Probably nothing surprising, but Prairie Wolves still bark when tamed.

Edit: I just saw an oil-stained Wolf pet in Orgrimmar, so they're safe :)
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Eziwolf wrote:Edit: I just saw an oil-stained Wolf pet in Orgrimmar, so they're safe :)
It's too early in the beta to tell.

Kidding. :lol: If they were going to fix the oil-stained wolves they'd have done it long since.

As for the taming method... On Lost Isles I did try the quest taming method on them for hours and couldn't get it to work. They'd either despawn or tame without the oil.

Two things seem to be important about the quest taming method

1. The quest makes them follow a script -- you toss them the meat, they run forward, howl, eat the meat, poop and run off.

2. At about 15% haste, the timing on the despawn required me to start taming when the wolf started to eat. The taming bar would disappear as the wolf started to run off, but the taming animation would keep going until the tame was successful or the wolf despawned.

For the taming animation to keep going through to the scripted despawn... that feels like a fix to prevent that taming method.

I also suspected that freeze trapping them might affect the despawn timer, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Mizree
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Mizree »

Let my oil-stained wolf get killed last night, and he still revives fine. I do not do arenas so am guessing that would still clear the oil if I did.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Just wanted to let everyone know ghostpaws still revert to normal, non-ghost form upon death -- tested it again today, beta build 5.0.5 (16048).