"Mantid People"

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

"Mantid People"

Unread post by Bulletdance »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists- ... e/bestiary
NOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOoooooooo They're not a people they're a pet...get in my stables! :( Oh well lol at least we have the older giant adorable tick things.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: "Mantid People"

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I had a feeling this would be the case and I don't mind.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

What I wanna know is how the hell the Tauren's seem to find "cousins" in whatever undiscovered land we walk into. Northrend has the Taunka, and now Pandaria has the Yaungol. Just seems strange to me that they were able to find their way all over with hardly anyone talking about it like they do with the Elves and Trolls.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Sigrah wrote:What I wanna know is how the hell the Tauren's seem to find "cousins" in whatever undiscovered land we walk into. Northrend has the Taunka, and now Pandaria has the Yaungol. Just seems strange to me that they were able to find their way all over with hardly anyone talking about it like they do with the Elves and Trolls.
I'd like to think of it more like how there are cousins of birds or frogs on islands that have been isolated for many years. I mean, you've got tigers on both Pandaria and the other places, so why not divergent species of whatever resulted in Tauren?

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

"The cycle of Mantid birthing and building revolves around the Kunchong, a colossal insect large enough to threaten whole towns by itself. The Mantid revere this enormous creature, and when instinct compels it to stampede throughout the continent, eating earth, trees, and lakes, they follow behind, collecting the amber-colored resin it secretes, birthing their young and creating their homes in its wake. If other races’ homes are trampled by the Kunchong, it is of little consequence to the Mantid. Where the Kunchong’s shadow falls, they walk. Where they walk, the land is transformed."
Sounds like a beast, not a humanoid to me.
Note the Kungchong are the ones that look like the Silithid Colossi. There's still hope!!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kunchong are definitely wild beasts. It's a bit misleading they used one as the main pic for the Mantids, since they're not actually of that race, even if they are very important to them.

I suspect the reason that the various tauren races passed through history without much comment is that they all seem to be quiet, nomadic peoples without much technology. Well, quiet except in the current circumstance, but those seem to have been driven mad.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I hope you guys are right, these looks soooo cool.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

It doesn't really make a change for now though, as they don't seem to be slated as tameable for release, but yeah, Wain is right; it still sounds like a beast to me - even more so now, actually.

It would be cool if they allowed them to be tameable in a patch in the future(still MoP).

Like 5.1, because we raid Heart of Fear and kill Shek'zeer at release so maybe one of the consequences could be tameable Kunchong for some reason???(??)

I doubt it, but it'd be nice for sure.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Well, there are people on various continents separated by oceans in the real world. Why not Pandaria?
ImageImage