Ghostcrawler Told Me Why We Can't Have Hydras!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Ghostcrawler Told Me Why We Can't Have Hydras!

Unread post by Ickabob »

So I asked Ghostcrawler on twitter why we can't have hydra pets. He told me he doesn't like the model. I'm sad now :(
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: Ghostcrawler Told Me Why We Can't Have Hydras!

Unread post by Golden »

Ickabob wrote:So I asked Ghostcrawler on twitter why we can't have hydra pets. He told me he doesn't like the model. I'm sad now :(
*They, not he. ;) I was just about to go into a rage about them not being tameable just because this one guy didn't like the way they looked, but then I checked the reply myself. Now I'm glad I did. XD
Mostly it's because we hate the model. If we update it, then taming would be on the table. Standard no promises.
This makes me really sad, especially considering some already available pets look much worse to me than the Hydras. :(
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Really? Wow. That can't really be it, can it? I feel like there has to be more reasons behind it or at least a bigger reason. If there was a model I didn't like but others did I'd still let them have it if I had that kind of power. Well, Ghostcrawler, I don't like the crab model! But, I still respect the fact that other people do.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Golden wrote:
Ickabob wrote:So I asked Ghostcrawler on twitter why we can't have hydra pets. He told me he doesn't like the model. I'm sad now :(
*They, not he. ;) I was just about to go into a rage about them not being tameable just because this one guy didn't like the way they looked, but then I checked the reply myself. Now I'm glad I did. XD
Mostly it's because we hate the model. If we update it, then taming would be on the table. Standard no promises.
This makes me really sad, especially considering some already available pets look much worse to me than the Hydras. :(
But he is "they", or at least one of "them". :mrgreen:
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Ickabob wrote:
Golden wrote:
But he is "they", or at least one of "them".
Yes but the image of only HIM having been against Hydras being tameable is just a really bad thing to imply. He's not the only one making these decisions and I'm sure he's not the only one in the dev team to dislike the model, so we should make sure to avoid blaming him and him alone.

I get where you're coming from, but just wanted to make sure no one gets the idea that he's single handedly keeping awesome pets from us because "he just doesn't like them". :3
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

This is a really really stupid reason.
ImageImage
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Meggers wrote:This is a really really stupid reason.
That's what I'm thinking. How can they use that reason as justification for keeping a pet that so many people want untameable...

That's like keeping a bunch of bananas from hungry monkeys, while letting a few keep the ones that slipped in, and then deciding that the bananas just don't LOOK right, in their eyes, not the monkeys. The monkeys obviously like them, and want them, otherwise they wouldn't be jealous of the other monkeys, or reaching for the ones they can only look at.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Gimlion wrote:
Meggers wrote:This is a really really stupid reason.
That's what I'm thinking. How can they use that reason as justification for keeping a pet that so many people want untameable...

That's like keeping a bunch of bananas from hungry monkeys, while letting a few keep the ones that slipped in, and then deciding that the bananas just don't LOOK right, in their eyes, not the monkeys. The monkeys obviously like them, and want them, otherwise they wouldn't be jealous of the other monkeys, or reaching for the ones they can only look at.
THIS. :( I personally LOVE them and was really expecting them to become tameable in Cata or MoP.

For some reason they still found the resources to make them a family with a family skill, diet and everything.. And tagging every Hydra in the game as one, just leaving them all untameable. That's just... cruel.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I... I don't even know what to say. This is the stupidest reason for not having something tameable...
It's honestly really silly that they don't like the model, and wouldn't want them tameable. Can't they just make them hunter pets, only to see the vast majority of players enjoy them?
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Are...are we sure they're not just having a little fun? Like messing with our heads and then giving us Hydras? They've done stuff like that before....right... :cry:
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Da....dafudge? What is this crap? D: While I can agree the outland models look derpy as hell(just my opinion), I love the older models. Gahzrilla has been teasing me somethin fierce!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

I'm having a hard time believing that anyone would prefer say, the vanilla Basilisk model to Hydras... But here we are. :P

(I'm fully expecting a lot of people to jump at me for this statement, but I'm taking the risk. XD)
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

If this isn't a joke, if that's legitimately why we don't have hydras, then I am PISSED. They don't mind silkworm models blown up to a ridiculous size, but they hate hydras? Excuse me? You want to explain that? And let's not use the reasoning that they accidentally let hunters tame them (them being silkworms) and decided they couldn't take them away, because, hey, yaks and mushan, and also because GHOST HYDRAS.

Also, can I just say, in the case that they DO update them... personally, I want to tame hydras because I like them as they are, and I'm sure a good many people here agree with that sentiment, so the idea of being forced to tame an updated model when I fell in love with the originals does NOT excite me. It'd be like if I was forced to replace all of my plain lions, cats and riding sabers with Sambas and the new Pandarian tigers. No thank you, I would rather not.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Golden wrote:I'm having a hard time believing that anyone would prefer say, the vanilla Basilisk model to Hydras... But here we are. :P

(I'm fully expecting a lot of people to jump at me for this statement, but I'm taking the risk. XD)
Basilisk models need updating to be sure. I just like their colors and sounds.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Caelan wrote:Also, can I just say, in the case that they DO update them... personally, I want to tame hydras because I like them as they are, and I'm sure a good many people here agree with that sentiment, so the idea of being forced to tame an updated model when I fell in love with the originals does NOT excite me. It'd be like if I was forced to replace all of my plain lions, cats and riding sabers with Sambas and the new Pandarian tigers. No thank you, I would rather not.
This. I've already bonded with the old Hydra look. I've taken a habit to visit my future Hydra whenever I'm in the area and I love him just as much as if he was already in my stables and by my side.

I don't have a problem with new hydra models/skins being added, just leave the current ones alone. ;_;
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I would point out the not liking the model doesn't necessarily mean the look of the model. There is a lot more in a model then just the skin. They may be talking about something about how it is put together or other background thing that makes them awkward to work with for it to be hunter pet.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Akycha wrote:I would point out the not liking the model doesn't necessarily mean the look of the model. There is a lot more in a model then just the skin. They may be talking about something about how it is put together or other background thing that makes them awkward to work with for it to be hunter pet.
I would believe that, if there weren't already tamed Hydras in the game... They seem to work just fine. :P
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Jessibelle wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm having a hard time believing that anyone would prefer say, the vanilla Basilisk model to Hydras... But here we are. :P

Basilisk models need updating to be sure. I just like their colors and sounds.
Admittedly I have an outlands basilisk but I don't think the classic basilisks are that bad off.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

Golden wrote:
Akycha wrote:I would point out the not liking the model doesn't necessarily mean the look of the model. There is a lot more in a model then just the skin. They may be talking about something about how it is put together or other background thing that makes them awkward to work with for it to be hunter pet.
I would believe that, if there weren't already tamed Hydras in the game... They seem to work just fine. :P

I admittedly don't have one so I can't tell if there are issues with various animations etc...
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

I kind of feel like a kid that was just told Santa Clause isn't real. Well, at least I got an answer out of him, which is something. :|