Battlepet forum locked? and im comfused about the battlepets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Battlepet forum locked? and im comfused about the battlepets

Unread post by Ana »

im trying to lvl up all my pets euqually so there is afew questions im unsure off

and since the battlepet forum is locked (got noo clue of why) im gonna post it here

1)

What is the max lvl of a battlepet?

2) Does there exsist a rare quaility of all wild capturable pets? been in loch modan for ages now trying to find a rare little black ram

3) is it nessesary to lvl up ALL your minipets (that is ALOT of pets)

thanks in advance

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: Battlepet forum locked? and im comfused about the battle

Unread post by Magnakilro »

From what I know, they stop at 25.

Yes there IS rares for all catchable pets, tho 5.1 is adding stones that'll upgrade the quality of your non-rares up to Rare quality.

You do not NEED to hit max lvl with all of em...BUT if you lvl 75 of em to 25, you get an ach that rewards a pet Singing Cricket
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

so if i catch a common/uncommon poor quaility pet i can upgrade it with stones in 5.1? how much will those stones cost :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Magnakilro

Free they are rare drops from goodie bags from winning against trainers and rare drops from wild pets.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

If you don't have it, and are ok with using add-ons, I would suggest downloading some Battle Pet oriented add-ons. The two I use are BattlePetCount and PetJournal Enhanced. Between the two of these it makes it so your pet journal can be color coded to their rarity, a search option of your pets is added, you can sort pets by current zone and other options, when you hover over a battle pet it will display a tooltip saying if you have the pet and if so what rarity the one you have is, and when you're in battle it displays the rarity of the pet you are currently fighting(as well as showing the rarity of ones you own if you own one). They're very useful if you plan on taking Pokem- I mean Battle Pets seriously.

As for the quality of the pets, it's all random. Just have to get lucky or wait until 5.1 and hope to get lucky and get some upgrade stones.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The next patch is making it so you can tell what quaility a wild pet is by it's icon when fighting them. (so making some of the pet mods kinda useless)

And yes 25 is max lvl.
Magnakilro

next patch is also adding pet lvls to the world map too I think.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Wow General, mini-pet forum here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=26

PTR Patch 5.1 notes:

A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.
Battle-stones are available in two basic types, general purpose Battle-stones that can be used to upgrade the quality of any pet, and family specific Battle-stones, which can only be used to upgrade pets of a specific pet family. Pets over level 15 upgraded in this way can lose up to two levels in the process.
Battle-stones are available in two qualities: Flawless Battle-stones can upgrade pets directly to Rare quality, while Polished Battle-stones will upgrade a pet to Uncommon quality.
Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose and family specific Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. Family specific Flawless-Battlestones will be of the same family as the pets that were defeated. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
Family specific Flawless Battle-stones can be found in the Sack of Pet Supplies obtained from performing Pet Trainer quests, and are Bind on Pickup.
General purpose Polished Battle-stones can be purchased for 1000 Justice Points.
Pet Journal
The quality of each pet is now visible in its slot in the Pet Journal.
Pets can now be filtered by name, type, rarity and level, and filters will remain in place each time the Pet Journal is viewed.
It is now possible to search locations in the Pet Journal. For example, searching “Westfall” will display all the Battle Pets that can be found in Westfall.
Pet Quality is now displayed in battles, and will be visible on portraits, names and tooltips.

More info on 5.1 Battlepets: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7540458

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

the companion pet forums are where everything will go for battle pets. unfortunatly the original forum for them closed when beta closed but hopefully mania can adjust the name of the subforum to match the current content!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thanks all :D