Could you tell me what this is ?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
seiferzero
Realm: Nemesis

Re: Could you tell me what this is ?

Unread post by seiferzero »

aww too bad :( the only thing to do now is to wait the guy who talked to the hunter that tamed him, and ask more infos...
btw meanwhile i started to search on wowhead possible other beasts spawned from mobs, maybe they are tamable as the worms :)
Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

This may be far fetched, but it's just an idea. I had.
Okay, so with the new sha-touched weapons, it's been figured out that if a priests have one of the weapons equipped, it turns their shadowfiend into a small Sha. Alright, so THERE HAS to be cool sha effects for other classes. I'm not aware of any that have been found but still, I doubt they'd do that for priests only.
So anyway, maybe this hunter had Taoren? And somehow this was the sha effect equivilent to the priest shadowfiend? Just a suggestion.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Sickhuntz56 wrote:This may be far fetched, but it's just an idea. I had.
Okay, so with the new sha-touched weapons, it's been figured out that if a priests have one of the weapons equipped, it turns their shadowfiend into a small Sha. Alright, so THERE HAS to be cool sha effects for other classes. I'm not aware of any that have been found but still, I doubt they'd do that for priests only.
So anyway, maybe this hunter had Taoren? And somehow this was the sha effect equivilent to the priest shadowfiend? Just a suggestion.
or having Taoren could make the sha effect persist post taming but only to sha infected beast?

I mean that WOULD be awesome lol
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sickhuntz56 wrote:This may be far fetched, but it's just an idea. I had.
Unless it's an effect for rankings higher than LFR, this is definitely not the case.

It would have been a fantastic legitimate implementation though!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Are we sure this is for the ones in Jade forest? Maybe it's the ones in Karasang Wilds...
I tried pulling the white cats around Sha of Anger in close, but they didn't turn shadowy when in the sha touched areas. Strange though, I seem to remember animals that would wander in turning dark.

Siggy under construction!

Kalliope

Bowno wrote:Are we sure this is for the ones in Jade forest? Maybe it's the ones in Karasang Wilds...
The reason we're looking in the Jade Forest is this:
chrisma wrote:im sorry,my english is not so good.he(pet's master) saids it's from The Jade Forest

YouTube Edition

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Kalliope wrote:
Bowno wrote:Are we sure this is for the ones in Jade forest? Maybe it's the ones in Karasang Wilds...
The reason we're looking in the Jade Forest is this:
chrisma wrote:im sorry,my english is not so good.he(pet's master) saids it's from The Jade Forest
Oh. Right. Herp. Don't mind me, folks!

Siggy under construction!

Kalliope

It's okay, we don't have a post recapping all the facts in this thread, unfortunately!

YouTube Edition

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

I've registered an account on this website, still can't view the page :( (ps: god bless google chrome translator xD)

Ok, guys! I seems like the topic was closed or something, but i managed to open the cached copy, will copy paste here what seemed readable! :D

Topic name: [Pet questions ask for advice, how to grab the kind Ransha blanket of darkness LR BB? ::

Original poster: See in the game today LR with a Ransha the blanket of darkness to leopards, ask how that BB arrested? Asked himself, said emerald task. . Ask for advice greatly! !

From what i managed to comprehend they were discussing the methods of taming it, but then the mod came in and said it is not allowed to discuss such matters on the forums and they moved the discussion into private messages. I can try writing one of them a private message and hope they will be cooperative and know english xD

PS; "from the discussion and google translate:
"Kala Xi mantis a day-to-day, allowing the player to identify the evil insects like parasitic animals and kill, kill wildlife may burst thirty-four bug task leopard, or Panda Elijah evil infected animals are, without exception, from the evil dye after tame state. . If you did not say that Hunter finally opened to the zoo, I even think it is not mind control skills he to daily zone mantis, nearby caught only evil dye tiger to flicker you"

Upate: Ok, managed to read all pages, not just the 1st one, the topic seems to have been closed, but they found a way to tame them. I wrote one of them a message, maybe we'll get a reply.

YES! Found a taming method on another website!!!! So exited, just need to understand what it means xD

11th floor on the way is to find a group of Friends of own strange first hit a trace of blood, and then opened to grasp, the read bar to complete the moment based Friends of the hacked this strange, and then the moment Revive Pet. Grab pet read the article, is the strange death, resurrection pets, three basic at the same time, on line Ps 1 based Friends of set the focus to see you tame read article (remember time than in mind the position of the seat of your pants to grasp time to kill ). You set Revive Pet shortcuts should not have been reading the article, the remaining 3,4 seconds mad . several attempts failed, it is recommended that you based Friends of the retreat team duel tamed in a duel state Kill 4. condition after the success of the baby is not around longer body resurrection is invalid, a small back look angle ** face a tiger (tiger evil spirits), on success. Big retreat on OK 5 Tiger's death, no special effects, remember - this is a orking method, they provided screenshots of tamed cat, from what i understand, you need one of the quests.

from here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2055203701?pn=1

This looks like Kill+revive method to me
Don't panic!
Kalliope

Nice detective work, Congafury! :)

YouTube Edition

seiferzero

mmm i didn't get lol
i'll wait until someone manage to translate it into correct english, i only understood kill and resurrect in 3,4 seconds lol
btw great job! :D
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

xD thank you, the guy who provided screenshot said he" Haha caught, according to the 27th floor, God", which would probably mean he caught it according to the 27th post on the thread, which is the one i posted. now dragging a friend out of the bed to try the kill tame.

from what i understood he's also a purely visual pet, the effect does not persist through death
Last edited by Congafury on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't panic!
seiferzero

is the method you get the 100% beast lore when the target dies? and then resurrect it?
and on what mobs? the one in jade forest?

please, if you manage to do it, can you post a list of things to do to get it? thankyou very much! :)
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

yep, doing that in Jade Forest
From what I understood, you need to finish taming the second it dies then ress immediately and then relog, just like the old pre macro method. No luck with it so far. The think i don't understand is that part: "You set Revive Pet shortcuts should not have been reading the article, the remaining 3,4 seconds mad ."
Don't panic!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Damn. Wish it kept through death.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I just realized: I have a guildie who's Chinese. When she logs in, I'm going to see if she can read the article, at the very least.

Bonus points: she's a pet-addicted hunter, too.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope

Thanks, Kurasu! :) I PMed our OP as well to hopefully get a clearer translation. :D (No offense, Congafury; it's just....using automatic translators is always terrible guesswork, hehe. And that's a criticism of the limitations of the method, not you!)
Last edited by Kalliope on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

YouTube Edition

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

More research!

I have found 2 screenshots of tamed cats:
and
since i could make out the name on the last one (naturally xD) i stalked the person in wow armory and apparently found the cat:

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/char ... -pet#58884

but there's no way to link it to the wowhead, since there seems to be no link whatsoever

also stalked the person who apparently helped to tame on the first screenshot: http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/char ... nza/simple

so we generally have information about one helper and one owner and their realm, how about we send a diplomatic mission to their realm to talk to them and find out?;D

Kill-taming the cat has not been successful so far, my heroic friend whom i dragged out of the bed has to go afk now, so we are yet to try killing the cat with an MC'ed NPC
Last edited by Congafury on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't panic!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kalliope wrote:Thanks, Kurasu! :)
No problem! It's a long shot at the moment: I was told she was Chinese, but I don't know if it's by descent, or if she was born and raised there.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Congafury wrote:More research!

I have found 2 screenshots of tamed cats:
[img]http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/ ... 09aa1b.jpg[ /img]
and
[img]http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/ ... cd34a6.jpg[ /img]
since i could make out the name on the last one (naturally xD) i stalked the person in wow armory and apparently found the cat:

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/char ... -pet#58884

but there's no way to link it to the wowhead, since there seems to be no link whatsoever

also stalked the person who apparently helped to tame on the first screenshot: http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/char ... nza/simple

so we generally have information about one helper and one owner and their realm, how about we send a diplomatic mission to their realm to talk to them and find out?;D

Kill-taming the cat has not been successful so far, my heroic friend whom i dragged out of the bed has to go afk now, so we are yet to try killing the cat with an MC'ed NPC
Wasn't that method patched on the US servers, though? I thought they removed all the ways possible to glitch tame things with visual effects/buffs.

Also, the pictures you posted don't show. I just see some Chinese text and a little girl eating something from a bowl. You might have to rehost them and not directly link from whatever site you found them.

Also for those wondering, the cat is in the Hunter's stables. It's the third cat down on the right hand side. The link is to pet58884 which is the normal orange tiger being shown when clicked. If this were the same tiger as the first guy, who claimed he got his in Jade Forest, it would be the brown model and not orange. From what I could tell, every tiger I checked was the brown skin under the black goop.