EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by Tilo »

Contemplating the scorpion just not sure what the heck to name it, already have a Pinchy.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Tilo wrote:Contemplating the scorpion just not sure what the heck to name it, already have a Pinchy.
Vapor?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Tilo wrote:Contemplating the scorpion just not sure what the heck to name it, already have a Pinchy.
Snaps

Siggy under construction!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I hate to say this, but since this was posted on the exploit site, ya'll should get the pets you want ASAP.
They're trying to figure out a way to tame the Molten Front spiders with their damage buffs and the Blighthounds :x It would be long before something is done I'm afraid.

asajiro
Realm: Terenas

Unread post by asajiro »

It is my bad, I should't post this method first time.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Bowno wrote:I hate to say this, but since this was posted on the exploit site, ya'll should get the pets you want ASAP.
They're trying to figure out a way to tame the Molten Front spiders with their damage buffs and the Blighthounds :x It would be long before something is done I'm afraid.
Seriously? Damn. Imagine a deth'tilac with the Aura. Holy shots. How is this done?

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Eternallylostx wrote:
Bowno wrote:I hate to say this, but since this was posted on the exploit site, ya'll should get the pets you want ASAP.
Seriously? Damn. Imagine a deth'tilac with the Aura. Holy shots. How is this done?
Oh god, I cringed. Lol.
Yeah, if someone manages to pull off the tame with him, this will be hotfixed within the hour of the tame. :c

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Bowno wrote:
Eternallylostx wrote:
Oh god, I cringed. Lol.
Yeah, if someone manages to pull off the tame with him, this will be hotfixed within the hour of the tame. :c
Oh nuuuu! Time to figure this out and whoop ass in BGs then abandon it after farming.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

asajiro wrote:It is my bad, I should't post this method first time.
It's not your fault Blizzard didn't fix this method in the first place or make the pets with the exploits untameable....or otherwise find some sort of solution.

Besides, you solved the mystery that cropped up well over a month ago in this thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19561. It was known then that the buff pets were available again, but not the method of how they were obtained.

All we can do is report the pets with gameplay impacting issues and hope that their buffs can be cleared upon taming, leaving the rest alone.
Eternallylostx wrote:Oh nuuuu! Time to figure this out and whoop ass in BGs then abandon it after farming.
Do NOT do that unless you're prepared to face the possible consequences.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Do NOT do that unless you're prepared to face the possible consequences
Banhammer inc. hope who does it knows fight.

Who knows, they might wipe.
Nan, I wouldn't.

Edit: Just Imagined a solix running full speed across a bg after a hordie with dash on. I'd pay to see it.

Amber
Realm: Lightbringer-US

Unread post by Amber »

Dialga wrote:This could also explain why I was relatively good sniper but a poor tamer -- I've got good gear, so it's hard to kill my pets, but my damage was high.

That said, is there any way to do this without a mage help? Do we have any idea what the pet's health would be when tamed? I assume NOT being a beast master would help, since that buffs your pets health (I think).
I'm pretty sure you can do this with any class that has a hard hitting instant cast, or something that you can time to go off right when the tame ends. Power Shot may hit hard enough, if you have good gear (or at least a good ranged weapon, as it scales off that damage). With just my gun on my pet had 125k, I think when naked the pet has under 110k health. As long as you can hit that number it should be all right.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

These people disgusts me. Its because of them that we can't have anything nice.
Wes1234
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Wes1234 »

I'm getting desperate for help with Kung Din. Tried for 14 hours over the last two days while dual-boxing accounts and can't get the timing right to save my life. Is there anyone on the US Alliance side that can help me? I REALLY want Kung Din and/or the sha kitty before this gets hotfixed. BattleTag is Wes1234#1383
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Just be hopeful... all we can do, I couldn't find any sploit info on it but I'm probably not looking in the right place I am under the assumption some goob posted "joe shmo has x-buffed pet & is terrorizing rbgs fix it." or glamorizing it.... all we can do is be hopeful for the time we have & do as much helping as possible...

Ugh I tried & failed... hopefully we can get ya' a pinchy scorpy too Dialga
Last edited by Tilo on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Kogitsune
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A), Stormrage (A)

Unread post by Kogitsune »

I'm having the same problem, Wes.. :( Except with the Sha-croc. Been going for 14 hrs in all the past two days with no luck, my bf has tried to help but to no avail - even using the dueling and everything. xD We get close but can never succeed, he either kills too early, or too late - perhaps I'm not spamming the macro fast enough? Not sure.
It tends to die like a sec after it gets tamed, but it lets me rezz it; so perhaps I just hafta keep at it.. *Shrug*

The two I want are Sha-croc, and the chained kitty before it gets hotfixed - but with the way this is going, it's probably not gunna happen. >.< If anyone has any suggestions, or ideas on if I'm doing something wrong.. xD Would love to hear them. I'm also trying on dialup (Since I'm at my parents), so it may just come down to my latency which is normally in the yellow 200-300 ms on home/world.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

So just to confirm- sha kitties do not keep their buff upon death?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Araela wrote:So just to confirm- sha kitties do not keep their buff upon death?
They do not. It was tested, and sadly, the buff went away when it died.

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

It seems like I'm either getting the "ding" or loot. I'm gonna give this a few more attempts before I start again tomorrow. I wonder if maybe the Silt Crawler isn't possible.

Amber
Realm: Lightbringer-US

Unread post by Amber »

Powershot is confirmed to work if you have the gear to pull off a big hit! Didn't dps her down at all, just timed powershot to land when the tame completed. :)
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

I hope any hotfix to those will only take away the buffs that actually have gameplay impact, and not all of them like the last time. Maybe Blizz could just categorise buffs by "aesthetic only" or not, and erase only the bad ones upon taming (so you wouldn't need the convoluted tame method at all).