Jaina and the horde. (Spoilers?)

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Jaina and the horde. (Spoilers?)

Unread post by Clayford13 »

http://www.wowhead.com/news=210035/5-2- ... -3d-models

So around 6 minutes into the audio video, it would appear she will not have any peace with the Horde until Hellscream's out of office. I don't blame her!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Jaina and the horde. (Spoilers?)

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dont think anyone does. Garrosh is a douchecanoe. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

While I'm not going to watch the video to save myself from spoilers. I want to say that I as a Hordie would official go on record and say that:

I reaaaaaally don't like where Garrosh's character development is going. He's going to destroy us all!

But we do already know that we're gonna have to take him down at some point.........VOL'JIN FOR WARCHIEF 2013! :headbang:

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Whoisthat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Whoisthat »

I like Garrosh, he is a war hungry war-monger. That's what I feel the Horde should always be. On the other hand, if he were to have an accident.... I would like Rexxar as the Warcheif since he hasn't been mentioned lately... and he is the "Champion of the Horde". As for Jaina I hope she gets killed off, her character isn't very interesting anymore now that she's the typical "out for revenge lol I mad" version of Jaina.
Ty Dragonaa for the perfect sig.
Mïkey - Ghostlands US
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Whoisthat wrote:I like Garrosh, he is a war hungry war-monger. That's what I feel the Horde should always be. On the other hand, if he were to have an accident.... I would like Rexxar as the Warcheif since he hasn't been mentioned lately... and he is the "Champion of the Horde". As for Jaina I hope she gets killed off, her character isn't very interesting anymore now that she's the typical "out for revenge lol I mad" version of Jaina.

My bad, I guess her home being manabombed into oblivion killing all in it should be shrugged off. :P
ImageImage
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Meggers wrote:
Whoisthat wrote:I like Garrosh, he is a war hungry war-monger. That's what I feel the Horde should always be. On the other hand, if he were to have an accident.... I would like Rexxar as the Warcheif since he hasn't been mentioned lately... and he is the "Champion of the Horde". As for Jaina I hope she gets killed off, her character isn't very interesting anymore now that she's the typical "out for revenge lol I mad" version of Jaina.

My bad, I guess her home being manabombed into oblivion killing all in it should be shrugged off. :P
What annoys me about her is that. that whole tragedy is her excuse for becoming "more involved" in the story. To me, she's always been an annoying thorn at the side. I'm Horde, and I don't care much for Alliance (Other than some of you guys. <3) So her attempts at the whole "let's all be fwiends" was sort of pathetic. Normally, in the real world, the two sides would come at a cross-roads, and then make peace somewhere along the lines. This game's races are far too ignorant for that. You paint your face with the blood of the other races and have a nice day. So having one bratty mage trying to find peace was pointless and a waste of time.

Now, I wouldn't mind if Garrosh had just fought a war with the Alliance. But he's going over-board with it. So he needs to die. I'm Horde because I hate the whole "We're beings of Justice and good in the world, with ignorant pretty-boy royalty-vibe and the Horde are demons to be
vanquished, without bothering to really notice the other side of the coin. So I chose the role of being the caged animal, ready to show my fangs at my enemies and bloodlust. Until they show me fear in their dying eyes.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I like both Horde and Alliance. Alliance just has my heart more cause it's where I started so it's natural. I've taken the time to read up on the lore on both sides(there's a lot of hordies that refuse to read up on Alliance stuff, which makes many players just as ignorant as the NPCs) and they both have pros and cons. There used to be no outright evil...now their is....and it's Garrosh. He's poisoning the Horde.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

The worst part about Garrosh is him undermining all the story development the Horde had before WoW. They started out as monsters, then we learn of their shamanistic past, and in WC3 they start getting back to being people. Then Garrosh comes, being like Grom, except ten times worse and with no remorse about the bad things he's done. I mean, he's worse than Grom without the demonic blood! That's like... wow.

Fortunately, they realised they're making a perfect villain (as opposed to a protagonist) and he's getting into this capacity. And you know what? The Horde got more development in MoP than ever before. We get to see all the shades of grey between most of the factions (except Forsaken, who have been weirdly silent since their sudden explosion in Cata).

I don't know what will happen to the Horde once Garrosh is out, but I know what will happen to Jaina: she'll be back to her old self. She will hold off from warring with Horde that isn't turned into genocidal maniacs by an ogre-headed buffoon.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

They already said the warchief will be unexpected. EVERYONE expects Thrall or Vol'jin. So to me, those two are ruled out.

I'm hoping they throw a curveball and have Sylvanas stage a coupe to take control. >_>

Jaina is justified in everything she does. I've debated with people claiming she's gone mad too much to do it here too.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Have they actually said the new warchief will be unexpected? :O I don't remember reading that anywhere, but I've been a little behind on a few things, especially if it's anything from Twitter as I don't have an account.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Myzou wrote:They already said the warchief will be unexpected. EVERYONE expects Thrall or Vol'jin. So to me, those two are ruled out.

I'm hoping they throw a curveball and have Sylvanas stage a coupe to take control. >_>

Jaina is justified in everything she does. I've debated with people claiming she's gone mad too much to do it here too.
I haven't heard about the unexpected part. Personally, I'd want Vol'Jin or Saurfang. If it really is going to be someone 'unexpected' I'd lean toward Baine or Lor'Themar. I don't think Baine would want it. On the plus side, he's dealt with Jaina and Anduin before and Anduin at least respects and identifies with him. He gave Baine Fearbreaker, which I have to imagine pissed Varian and the Dwarves off a bit. With the junk Garrosh is doing now, Lor'Themar is sounding very much like he wants to try to rejoin the Alliance.

Sylvanas I'd discount because she's pretty much going batpoop crazy and turning into 'Junior Miss Lich King.' She's keeping low key because Garrosh (in one of the few good if not only decisions he's ever made) is keeping an eye on her. I seriously doubt the Horde would accept her as leader.

Then there's Gallywix, but hell, aside from the bows of a couple ships and the ego-trip on his unused pleasure palace, nobody's actually seen the guy.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Blizzard just completely failed with Garrosh. They actually spent Cataclysm trying to convince us that he had actual character development, a sense of honor, while still being incredibly intimidating at times, in order to keep us uneasy but... OK with it, I suppose?

Theramore threw that all completely away and it's only getting worse and worse. What, you didn't know what to do with Garrosh? TIME TO KILL HIM AND FORGET HE EXISTED. And let's just completely ruin Jaina while we're at it. You know I really enjoy playing a game where the story has devolved into both sides parading around various cities screaming their own renditions of HE HAD IT COMING while slaughtering hapless civilians while your character basically has to STAND THERE AND BE EXPECTED TO BE A BIG HERO ABOUT IT... haha wait no I don't at all it is just so extremely annoying and I'm just very worried that

1) Lor'themar is next (he's trying very hard not to go completely nuts as far as I can tell)
2) Nazgrim will be ruined too. I HAVE SPENT 3 EXPANSIONS QUESTING ALONGSIDE NAZGRIM AND IF HE DOES NOT SURVIVE THIS EXPANSION I'M GOING TO SCREAM.
3) Also I'm hearing troubling rumours Wrathion will just end up just like any other CORRUPTED black dragon gee whiz that's totally interesting OH WAIT ALSO NO.

I hate it I hate it I hate bad character development I HATE IT I HATE IT. grr screamy temper tantrum etc.
Last edited by Neilaren on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

The "unexpected" rumor may have originated from the post where a blue responded to "Thrall, right?" with "You may be surprised."
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wouldn't say that's unexpected since we all knew Thrall didn't want to be warchief anymore. He gave up the mantle and has a family to raise.

LisaaraPokefarm

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Neilaren wrote:Blizzard just completely failed with Garrosh. They actually spent Cataclysm trying to convince us that he had actual character development, a sense of honor, while still being incredibly intimidating at times, in order to keep us uneasy but... OK with it, I suppose?

Theramore threw that all completely away and it's only getting worse and worse. What, you didn't know what to do with Garrosh? TIME TO KILL HIM AND FORGET HE EXISTED. And let's just completely ruin Jaina while we're at it. You know I really enjoy playing a game where the story has devolved into both sides parading around various cities screaming their own renditions of HE HAD IT COMING while slaughtering hapless civilians while your character basically has to STAND THERE AND BE EXPECTED TO BE A BIG HERO ABOUT IT... haha wait no I don't at all it is just so extremely annoying and I'm just very worried that

1) Lor'themar is next (he's trying very hard not to go completely nuts as far as I can tell)
2) Nazgrim will be ruined too. I HAVE SPENT 3 EXPANSIONS QUESTING ALONGSIDE NAZGRIM AND IF HE DOES NOT SURVIVE THIS EXPANSION I'M GOING TO SCREAM.
3) Also I'm hearing troubling rumours Wrathion will just end up just like any other CORRUPTED black dragon gee whiz that's totally interesting OH WAIT ALSO NO.

I hate it I hate it I hate bad character development I HATE IT I HATE IT. grr screamy temper tantrum etc.
In respondance to number 3.. I will cry my eyes out. I LOVE Wrathion. He makes me smile and have girly feelings of "Oooo you so handsome." xD

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Vissara wrote:In respondance to number 3.. I will cry my eyes out. I LOVE Wrathion. He makes me smile and have girly feelings of "Oooo you so handsome." xD
Watching him fly off as a whelp at the end of the first Wrathy quest chain, complete with its "struggling to maintain lift" idle animation made me die of sugar-shock. It's unfortunate that I had a long-standing name for my own Black Whelp pet so I can't just call it Lil' Wrathion and keep a leash on it and hdgsfhhjsgf blizzard just let me like ONE character without doing bad things.

(also spoilers for NOT-JAINA I guess) The voice file discussion I saw yesterday went from "I love Wrathion he's so sassy look at him sass Anduin look at Anduin sass him right back this is the best ever-- OH NO. NO NO. NO NO NOPE. NOPE. NOOOO." because he apparently just gets too excited about titan stuff to not be suspicious.

Speaking of dragons, another thing RE: Jaina ... WHERE IS KALECGOS?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I kinda hate Wrathion. Well maybe not hate...just disappointment and dislike towards him. He could be so much better but instead he's just a whelp and he acts like he knows everything and is trying to commit total genocide to his flight without the proper knowledge other than "Oh they're black! They must've followed deathwing!". He's a whelp that's a bit too big for his scales. If anyone needs love, it's Sabellian. <3 If wrathion didn't act like a know-it-all when he really knows little and would stop slaughtering his flight senselessly, I'd be on better terms with him.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I kinda like Garrosh. *shrug* I find him to be better written than all the Alliance leaders combined. But to each their own and all that.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

cowmuflage wrote:I kinda like Garrosh. *shrug* I find him to be better written than all the Alliance leaders combined. But to each their own and all that.
The Alliance leaders desperately needing some character development is a completely different problem. Last time they tried to touch them, Tyrande ended up looking like a giant idiot.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

As mainly a horde player I HATE Garrosh. It would rock to have Thrall back but if the new war chief is supose to be someone we didnt think of maybe its Thralls kid?..maybe he has a son?....I dont know but I remember from the end of Dragon Soul she is supose to be pregnant, just a thought *shrugs* Either way really hope the next one isnt as bad or worse than Garrosh.