Fabled Beasts dailiy being split up?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Fabled Beasts dailiy being split up?

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe they're finally going to split up the Fabled Beasts daily (for the red panda minipets) into more reasonable chunks. 5.3 has three new quests added:
Beasts of Fable Book I
Beasts of Fable Book II
Beasts of Fable Book III

Cross fingers. Because the current single enormous daily is pretty horrendous.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Fabled Beasts dailiy being split up?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Just checking but the one before the daily is staying the same right?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I can't even do the current daily...daily. I'm completely in favor of this change. Hope it goes through!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:Just checking but the one before the daily is staying the same right?
Not sure. I haven't seen these on the PTR, only in Wowhead's new additions list.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ah kk no real biggy if it's changed I'm bound to finish it before this patch hits if I can kill that dam goldfish! :lol:
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I can reccomend you a sprite darter pet for it, cow. Throw a few wind-based atacks untill you're about to die in the next round, then equalize health and here we go again. usually my Pascal is able to beat it to about 1/3rd of it's hp, and then my guardian cub finishes the work (although I'd rather have predatory strike pet here... grow fast, Violet!)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, I've simplified my approach now, because I'm so sick of switching up teams for so many beasts.

For all aquatics (including the fish) I simply use a team of 3 moths now. All harder hitting ones, like Yellow Moth and Luyu Moth. Moth Dust hits pretty hard. Cocoon Strike is good for doing a bit of damage then avoiding a hit. I pretty much never lose against an aquatic now, unless RNG is especially cruel.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Honestly as long as you have a Nether Faerie, he can solo the majority of the pets if used properly. I kind of like the extended daily since it forces me to actually get enough charms to get my mogu stones (since I hate all other dailies) and because of its difficulty the pets haven't tanked in worth like the pandaren spirits (yet) and the drop rate on the stones and pandas are really, really high simply because not many people can do it. Not sure I like only having to do 3 a day, if that is the new daily, as it cuts down my charms and probably, the drop rate.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I really hope so, I still need panda's but doing that quest in one go is a drag... lol But yea, also on top of the nether faerie, consider using the snowy owl. The nocturnal strike is pretty nice against all the elite battles.
Kempera
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by Kempera »

I use the same combination for every battle; someone posted it on WoWhead so I didn't come up with it (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32603#comments - it's the fifth comment down. Posting the link so you can see the original post/the reasoning behind it).

Terrible Turnip - cast Sunlight, then change pets.
Bring out Sprite Darter/Nether Faerie Dragon - cast Life Exchange. Use Arcane Blast until the opponent is below 25%.
Finish with Miniwing - cast Predatory Strike to kill right away.

I had to level The Terrible Turnip up and Miniwing (only leveled him to 23 before I started using him for the daily), but it was definitely worth it. After doing the first few without this combo, I was desperate to find a faster way of killing the fable beasts, and this way worked like a charm! :D

Edit: Sorry if this is a little off topic from the main purpose of this thread :oops: