Dragon value?

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Dragon value?

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm probably putting my three babies up for auction but ............... how do you determine value?? I'm also looking to buy a male but want something parentless and not having an easy time.
Are there more tips to searching for a parentless male and how to value your hatchlings?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Dragon value?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hatchling value is typically based on current AH values. This excludes things like G1s and specialty colors (to some extent; a lot of users don't care about that stuff and you can find doubles and such for cheap on the AH). Specialty colors being things like obs/obs white/white (which usually sell for higher than other double colors), triple colors (obs/obs/obs). Halloween dragons were/are a fad but I don't think they're going for super special prices right now; same could be said to a lesser extent for Christmas and Valentines day dragons. Matching eyes to wings/genes/or body color is usually a nice way to potentially net a little extra cash (sometimes anyway).

The way I go about doing this is opening up the dragon tab in the AH, putting a 1 in the first treasure field, then selecting a breed (unless it's a starter I'm trying to sell; I value all starters the same because it's most common/easier that way) and genes if needed. Then I hit search and when the results come back I organize them by price. Don't just base your hatchlings price off the cheapest price right away though! Take a look through at least the first page of results and gauge the colors of the dragons (no need to go super in depth, a quick glance will do). If it's a lot of oddball combos then I know I can get away with a slightly higher price if my colors mesh better. If it's about even, then I just make my best guess. For Petopians, I take the cheapest price, and then I usually try to slash that by about 500t unless I'm in dire need of cash or I feel it's a really nice looking dragon.

Far as I know, there isn't a special way to search for only G1s, or if there is, I don't know how to go about doing it other than running a search for the colors/breed/genes/etc you're looking for and clicking the dragons to see if they're parentless (which runs into the problem of some of them being progens which aren't sellable).

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]