NPC Scan - what is it? Where can I get one?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Andiama
Realm: Gnomeregan

NPC Scan - what is it? Where can I get one?

Unread post by Andiama »

Hey forum peoples,

I hear a lot of mention about NPC scanners, but I don't know what they are. Is it macro set up in game? Is it a third party add on program, and if so, is it legal? Can anyone help a sister out, lol?

I want to tame Numeroc ever since I accidentally collided with him in midair about ten levels ago. I was too low to tame him then, but now that I can, I can't find him! The irony is killing me. :|
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: NPC Scan - what is it? Where can I get one?

Unread post by Sarayana »

It's an addon. You can find it on curse: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... cscan.aspx

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: NPC Scan - what is it? Where can I get one?

Unread post by Rhyela »

And I don't believe it's illegal, according to Blizzard's EULA, either. It's just a simple addon built to locate the mob ID of rare pets. You just have to clear your cache each time it finds one, though (for instance, some hunter in Dalaran has a tamed Loque'nahak...you'll have to clear your cache afterward so that you can locate the real mob in Sholazar).

Hope that helps!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.