Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
chrth

Re: Changes to Hunter Pet Families in 6.0

Unread post by chrth »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:I found another interesting pet skill called Flutter and it looks like a Slow Fall for Hunters through a pet. I'm guessing it's from the Dragonfly? It is Exotic so it could be one of its other skills.
Great find! I see no reason to think that's not it.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Seems like Goats will get stamina buff named Sturdiness.
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Aggannor wrote:Seems like Goats will get stamina buff named Sturdiness.
Nice! Looks like we have all of them now.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

It appears that the Chimaera's Frost Breath AND Froststorm Breath was given the increased spell damage taken debuff to it on top of it still slowing movement speed. :o

EDIT:

Just now saw that Embrace of the Shale Spider has the 5% crit added to its buff.

EDIT 2: added the second Chimaera's breath spell, so now they have an AoE magic damage taken debuff!
ImageImage
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Pet flexibility and potency should be one of BM's calling points. They're trying to give people reasons to bring any one of the specs, but not necessarily favor one above the other in all things. Each spec SHOULD have something it does better than the others... if it doesn't, people will call it inferior.

Sure, BM has better pets, that's legit. Surv will undoubtedly have better traps. I... can't speak to Marks, I haven't touched it since their primary shot developed a nightmarish cast time.

Anyway. Sure, people may prefer one spec, that's also intended. Some specs are probably going to be a lot better against certain raid encounters than others. Again, this isn't a game breaker; other classes have had the same thing going in the past. The only reason we haven't is that our specs have become so homogenized and that's a bad thing.

Exotic pets are going to be -less- required in WoD than they are now, since as far as I see, there is no purely exotic-only utility. If you need a spare brez, you can have one without being BM, which is less restrictive than it is now. Yes, the BM hunter can bring some other things at the same time, and that's probably great for challenge dungeons, but isn't going to make beans difference in raids.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Am I the only one who's glad to see we're getting Hook Wasps/Dragonflies? Can't wait to see their models.
No, you're not the only one! Here's my fainting couch:

Best fainting "couch" ever for this kinda thing.

Insect-loving five!

(still hope to see pythons, pterodactyls, Kunchong, new bats, unarmored Dread Raven, Mushan, toucan, plant hydra, and Clefthoof tameable)

We know Elekk and Talbuks won't be, but they're considering Talbuks for the future.

Also, I'm surprisingly excited by tameable River Beasts. Never thought I'd like hippos that much.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm tickled as well! <3 *joins on the couch*

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm especially excited about the new slow fall ability that I assume will be given to the dragonflies!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:OMFG I found the Dog skill! HAHAHAAH I can't stop laughing! :lol:

Bark of the Wild
I am 5000% done with this expansion already.

That is too perfect!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Qraljar wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Am I the only one who's glad to see we're getting Hook Wasps/Dragonflies? Can't wait to see their models.
No, you're not the only one! Here's my fainting couch:

Best fainting "couch" ever for this kinda thing.

Insect-loving five!

(still hope to see pythons, pterodactyls, Kunchong, new bats, unarmored Dread Raven, Mushan, toucan, plant hydra, and Clefthoof tameable)

We know Elekk and Talbuks won't be, but they're considering Talbuks for the future.

Also, I'm surprisingly excited by tameable River Beasts. Never thought I'd like hippos that much.
this sum things up for me. (although I don't think plant-hydra will be tamable- I think its supposed to be like the lashers.) I didn't think I would want a river beast as I don't like hippos and thought the concept art was bleh. but Now im really excited for one.
also, chimeras got a buff to their aoe? yay! After the beastcleave buff they became obsolete so I hope this helps them get back on track. and a snowfall that doesn't requite me to hoard holiday brew? YES PLEASE! I hope its for the dragon fly but I could also see this working well for a moth.

chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:It appears that the Chimaera's Frost Breath AND Froststorm Breath was given the increased spell damage taken debuff to it on top of it still slowing movement speed. :o

EDIT:

Just now saw that Embrace of the Shale Spider has the 5% crit added to its buff.

EDIT 2: added the second Chimaera's breath spell, so now they have an AoE magic damage taken debuff!
I'll edit the first post. Did you notice anything different with Worms? I didn't.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Shinryu Masaki wrote: OMFG I found the Dog skill! HAHAHAAH I can't stop laughing! :lol:

Bark of the Wild
Crossing my fingers for Gorilla's stat buff to be "Blessing of Kong"
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I didn't either chrth, seems like the Worm's AoE remains intact. However I went through pet's skills once more to check if I found something new, and saw this:

Silithid's Qiraji Fortitude increases Stamina and Spell Power by 10% (used to only be Stamina).

Rhino's Stampede increases physical damage taken by 4% and magical damage taken by 5% (used to only be physical damage).

I also found Netherwinds which looks like the Nether Ray version of Bloodlust/Heroism.

EDIT:
Xota wrote:
Shinryu Masaki wrote: OMFG I found the Dog skill! HAHAHAAH I can't stop laughing! :lol:

Bark of the Wild
Crossing my fingers for Gorilla's stat buff to be "Blessing of Kong"
Right now it's called Primal Intensity but there's always time for them to change it, which I hope they do cause Blessing of Kong would look way better! :lol:

EDIT 2:

Just noticed this, apparently Growl's range is now 30 yards up from Melee Range. Could this be to compensate for the loss of Distracting Shot?
Last edited by Shinryu Masaki on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

http://wod.wowhead.com/skill=1818#spells

Oh, you guys were right. Flutter is the Dragonfly's special ability. Cool. Always wanted a slow fall! I really, really can't wait to see the dragonfly model. Based dataminers...
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:http://wod.wowhead.com/skill=1818#spells

Oh, you guys were right. Flutter is the Dragonfly's special ability. Cool. Always wanted a slow fall! I really, really can't wait to see the dragonfly model. Based dataminers...
*squeee!* I need to start thinking of names. I have a feeling this guy will be one of my main pets next xpack now. This will be great for RBGs. I cant wait to see the models.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

It's looking like the Shale Spider will be the go to pet for tanking/solo!

Shale Spider's embrace, increasing Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 5%, and increasing their critical strike chance by 5%.
&
Solid Shell, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

That’s all kinds of sexy bonuses rolled into one pet :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

dang, your right. kind of makes me sad since I have the now discontinued color changing scarab as my go to tank. I dont even like shale spiders that much but damn that is one sweet tank. :shock:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Now we just need a pet to maybe get some kind of deathgrip like ability! :D

I could have sworn Boglash or maybe The Black Stalker had something like this, but like a lighting version?

Maybe something like this:

Static Tether
30 yd range
Instant 45 sec cooldown
Draws a electrical charge from within, pulling the target toward the caster.

Well one can dream :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:I didn't either chrth, seems like the Worm's AoE remains intact. However I went through pet's skills once more to check if I found something new, and saw this:

Silithid's Qiraji Fortitude increases Stamina and Spell Power by 10% (used to only be Stamina).

Rhino's Stampede increases physical damage taken by 4% and magical damage taken by 5% (used to only be physical damage).

I also found Netherwinds which looks like the Nether Ray version of Bloodlust/Heroism.
Ok, thanks for looking, I was at Captain America ;) Will update
Just noticed this, apparently Growl's range is now 30 yards up from Melee Range. Could this be to compensate for the loss of Distracting Shot?
Yeah Celestalon tweeted that growl would have longer range after the notes came out
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

SpiritBinder wrote:Now we just need a pet to maybe get some kind of deathgrip like ability! :D

I could have sworn Boglash or maybe The Black Stalker had something like this, but like a lighting version?

Maybe something like this:

Static Tether
30 yd range
Instant 45 sec cooldown
Draws a electrical charge from within, pulling the target toward the caster.

Well one can dream :)
MARTICAR HAS THIS.

Yessssss. <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!