Just lost my favorite pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Anti
Realm: Moonguard

Just lost my favorite pet

Unread post by Anti »

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but i've had my oil stained wolf for what seems like forever. I've always took care of him and made sure to put him in the stables before doing arena.

but today, i recently found a new friend who wanted to PVP with me, and last i had him out was taking some screenshots, i didn't notice i still had him since i was on my flying mount, and after i queued i summoned him and forever lost my favorite pet of all time.

I guess this is a reminder to double check. I don't have any other 'unique' tamed pets, but be careful u_u

I really do hope that i will be able to re-tame somehow in Warlords
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Just lost my favorite pet

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh no!

Unfortunately, Blizz hotfixed it so we can't retame those pets at this current time(trust me, it kills me cause I miss mine). I hope they allow us to tame them again someday. There have been talks about it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i lost all 3 of mine.. oil wolf, fire pig and ghost effect bird.. this patch killed the effects, i never take them out of my stables.. till today, just took my pig out, fire gone.. wtf blizz..
seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

recently did the same with my lone hunter (ghost wolf with sword) about 2 months ago, put in a ticket and the GM fixed him for me. had me release him, log out wait 5 min and log back in and he was in my stables sword and all. while every GM is different its worth a shot!
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

That really sucks. :( You can try abandoning the pet and ask a GM to restore it. Not sure if it will restore it in the state it was at abandon, or the state it was upon taming. Worth a shot anyway.
Ziroth wrote:i lost all 3 of mine.. oil wolf, fire pig and ghost effect bird.. this patch killed the effects, i never take them out of my stables.. till today, just took my pig out, fire gone.. wtf blizz..
What patch are you talking about?

I tamed 2 oil stained wolfs back in Wrath. I kept the extra backup one in my stable ever since... it was still level 77 from back when tames were only leveled up to 3 levels below your own. I just took him out and the oil coat was still there. I hope I'll never need the backup one, but he's there just in case I have a brain fart.