Rylaks get their ability!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Rylaks get their ability!

Unread post by Protego »

Exotic Rylaks finally get their special ability! From the beta patch notes today. It's called "Updraft". It is the ability (former) Hook Wasps had, "Slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.". Yay!
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Rylaks get their ability!

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Protego wrote:Exotic Rylaks finally get their special ability! From the beta patch notes today. It's called "Updraft". It is the ability (former) Hook Wasps had, "Slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 seconds.". Yay!
Personally, I'd rather this kind of ability given to something like the Pterrowings/Skyscreamer family (If they ever become tameable). It makes more sense with their huge wingspan, Rylaks wings are not as impressive. Rylaks are the kind of family where it's like "what do we give them that isn't the same as Chimaeras? I know, let's make them make a little wind that somehow lets the hunter slowfall."

I don't know, I just feel like Pterrowings would be more fitting for an ability like this.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Still grumpy that Rylaks aren't just in the chimaera family with a fly/land button that just doesn't work for regular chimaeras.. I love the ability though and I do agree that it would be better to just make pterrordax/pterrorwings tameable and have that be their thing (but that's possibly just because I'm super biased).

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

glad we still get slowfall. It kind of makes my heart sink though to see this since it makes me feel like maybe we are out of time to promote a different exotic family. I would be ok with having NO exotic family if it just meant rylaks could join their chimera relatives again. I agree that a pterrordax would fit the bill a bit better but it is wow- it doesn't have to be very realistic. its got wings, it shall flap them. Still hoping to see it change but at least I know i still get my slowfall.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah slowfall is great, though I have to wonder what the odds are I'm going to happen to have a Rylak out when I needed slowfall unexpectedly...

Rylak being its own family still doesn't make sense to me. I look at Water Striders and then Chimaera/Rylak and just scratch my head.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

As already stated. I am a little "meh" about this because it doesn't seem like it will be all that usable regularly. If you happen to fall due too whatever reason you out fall your pet quickly or they're out of range. Kinda cool ability just not sure it would be used.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I think will it would be favored as more of a pre-jump spell. I keep a slowfall mug on my main at all times and it often comes in handy. if you are already falling than just using disengage will probably work better but if you are about to jump and want to clear some kind of gap or add more travel distance, slow fall is the way to go. it often cuts down on my travel time in no fly zones and helps me get to areas that would otherwise be restricted to me at the time. Maybe we will get some use of of it while leveling since we cant fly. :D

its a little bit like our water waking spell. its not a massive buff or something that's mandatory to have but if you plan ahead it can be a handy, casual perk.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah... as Spiritbinder pointed out to me, a chimaera that can't fly gives us a buff to stop us falling fast. Not much sense there.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.