Falcosaurus

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Falcosaurus

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote:
Takanuka wrote:
Kelthos wrote:If Blizz perhaps feels that Falcosaurs are too special to just be flagged tameable right off the bat (there are World Quests and a quest chain devoted around their sudden appearance) then perhaps they could add a Hunter-specific quest reward item from the same quest you get the mount from that will allow you to tame them on use, like the Mecha Imprint Matrix for Mechanicals. That way it's a bit more special!
They don't appear to be tameable because even the young appear to talk to some extent. So it appears they are smarter than they look and cannot be tamed because of that intelligence.
Which ones talk? Or do you mean the odd noises the companion pets make?
I think he meant the quests you do as you work towards the mount. *spoilers from the falcosaur questline*

The falcosaurs are quite obviously sentient. They even create a flock with your flying pets and learn from your teamwork in Dungeons and Raids. And the final quest in the series even ends with you healing the mother falcosaur you injured, who willingly journeys with you after realizing how well you took care of her baby.

In essence, the mount could be seen as a type of hunter pet mount we've always wanted.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I don't think it's talking, but more along the lines of an animal making odd sounds. "Erk! Erk!" seems like it's just trying to get attention, and "Baroo" just seems like it's bored. Plus, if they did talk, Blizz missed an INCREDIBLY fun thing where they could communicate with each other. Imagine; Player A's Snowfeather Hatchling wanders close to Player B's Direbeak Hatchling, and they start a conversation with ERK and BAROO over and over. It's like any bird pet; it'll be noisy for attention or companionship, and calm down when it's given some form of company.

Or, in our cases, it quiets down when we shove it away in our storage for pets, because we're all heartless monsters for simply keeping them stored away in an invisible backpack until we feel like seeing them. The burning legion is right to kill us all, we're heartless monsters to our pets. Sargeras for Pet-sident!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I suspect a lot of that is for the sake of characterization for the questline. They probably are quite smart, in the same ways that raptors are smart, and the quests to raise a raptor hatching to a mount in Un'Goro had similar plot devices. But I don't feel that it's likely to be an impediment to taming them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Besides, if they're willing to come along as a mount, then they're already domesticated, pretty much. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I hope it's not something stupid, like they can't make their hunter pet diet exactly match the fruit/cheese/meat you tame the minipets with. It's not like it matters if they're put in with raptors or tallstriders, neither family has a special ability.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

OH MY GOD!!!

I got killed a crap-load of times from the crowds of mobs, and had to kill the matriarch twice, but I GOT MY SNOWFEATHER !!!!

He's so cuuuute.

I'm wondering,m I have to level him to 25... does it have to be the character that got him that levels him? or can any of my other toons do pet battles to level him? it just seems like wasted experience from pet battles to do them on a level 110 character, when my lower level characters could sure us the extra exp.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

All my lower level toons get experience when battling with a pet leveled by another toon. So you shouldn't have any problems. Unless I misunderstood you. :?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Pet battle with the draenei girl in Shadowmoon Valley. Given that she has an inert pet, you can get your falcosaur safely
to 25 in two days since it's currently Pet Battle Week.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

What I was wondering is whether it counts that another toon than the one who got the falcosaur pet, is the one to level it to 25.

I'm presuming it isn't an issue?

I catch pets in dangerous areas with my level 110 hunter, but I like to use a level 70 toon to actually level those pets (in Dragonblight, there's a trainer and a heap of birds to kill really close to each other).
That way, my level 70 toon (well, she's now 77) gets to level too.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The falcosaur quests are account-wide pet battle quests--you can complete them on any character.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

The only character limit for the falcosaur quests, that I noticed, was that a character has to be 110 to acquire a quest, and that each falcosaur only gave one quest per character per day. So if you have 3 110s and 4 falcosaur pets, then you could do up to 12 quests a day. Meeting the conditions of the quests, and turning them in can be done on any character, even lowbies.

Oh, there's another limitation. For the "pet battle world quests" quests, doing the same PBWQ on a different character doesn't count. So if you do "Training With Bredda" for your snowfeather on your main, it won't count if you do "Training with Bredda" for your snowfeather on an alt.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

It's a bit late in the day for a lot of people, but if you've got falcosaurs that aren't level 25 yet, I HIGHLY recommend heading back to your garrison for a little bit. Today is Squirt on NA realms and she gives HELLA pet exp (and a bit of char exp). Combined with the pet battle weekend and the safari hat you can get a fresh level 1 battle pet to 25 in two battles.

Her page on Wowhead has a lot of different strategies for beating her, depending on what pets you have available. I've used a lot of them but my personal favourite is Weebomination + Enchanted Broom, because you can use any level carry pet (instead of having to use a higher level one for it to survive Tyrael's cleave) and both pets are cageable, so if you don't own them yet you can get them on the AH. The strategy there is to start with the Broom, use Sweep to swap Deebs out and Puzzle in. Swap to your carry/low level pet, then swap to the Weebomination. Spam Cleave until your pet dies (and rezzes and dies), then finish off Puzzle (and about one time in seven, Deebs) with your choice of Broom moves (I usually use Wind Up on dodge rounds and Batter otherwise).

The first time the weekend+Squirt combo was up I leveled 100+ pets and got 5 character levels (though I don't remember what levels those were, somewhere in the 90-100 range tho obv)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.