New family : Feathermanes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: New family : Feathermanes

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Double checked. Same exact npc, just had his skin altered.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh my gawd. Awesome! He was removed but I did suggest on the missing skins post that he could return in that colour and it seems he did. I'm very happy :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Honestly, I wonder how effective an army of demon hunters would be with their spectral sight. Flying around as a hunter hasn't worked so far for me... xD Only issue is if they require an item, I doubt all classes would be able to interact with it. Might check out barrens for Gon though this way.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote:Honestly, I wonder how effective an army of demon hunters would be with their spectral sight. Flying around as a hunter hasn't worked so far for me... xD Only issue is if they require an item, I doubt all classes would be able to interact with it. Might check out barrens for Gon though this way.
I found Netherbeak with my Demon Hunter (well technically he found me while I was tabbed out and killed me lol). I watched him a little with sight on top of the building where Tehd is but he quickly flew out of range of my sight. I am beginning to think his path is big and slow, only passing over the peak of that mountain in a short part of it.

So it at least does work as long as you have a place to stand and use it. I imagine it would work for others.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Gorgrond, barrens and ungoro are my biggest guesses atm. But I've only explored Barrens so far with SS, the other two I've only flown over. Especially with the ungoro madness event and hearthstone pack, it's a zone getting a lot of attention.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For the fel hippogryph, I wonder if any Legion areas in really old zones may be the target. Like, there are 3 or more Legion / satyr areas in west and east Ashenvale which would fit the bill perfectly, as well as Felwood just to the north. Those would have been my first choices if I'd had to find a spot for it. Felwood, especially. Then again if they placed a gryphon in Kalimdor they could have placed a hippogryph in EK, I just can't think of where unless Blasted Lands.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

But why would it be tagged Elisande's pet? Elisande never went to those zones; she's literally only been on the Broken isles, and not really outside of Suramar (and maybe the broken shore). It could have been locked out of Suramar city when the shield went up thousands of years ago and that's when it got corrupted... but I still doubt it would have gone all the way to another continent. I still really want to explore Tomb & Nighthold, or maybe there's a dropped item... I think every inch of Suramar & the broken shore has been searched otherwise. Friend and I even cleared Cathedral; lot of empty rooms with doors that are interact-able but nada.

If it didn't have the <Elisande's pet> tag then I'd agree... felwood was where I looked first before we found the name of the only corrupted hippogryph datamined. :/

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

True. Hmm. It's just the old model and would probably look better near othe hipps of the same style. Ah well. It could easily be anywhere in Suramar, since it could have wandered since the barrier dropped. I guess the menagerie has been checked, as well as the non-instanced version of the gardens in the raised part of south east Suramar.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah I agree, same reason why I think Gon would fit best in Gorgrond or Nagrand, since that's where the updated raptor model is. Corrupted looks great in felwood, or even the fel area of blasted lands. But guess that wasn't Blizzard's plan.

At least the Elisande tag does (hopefully) narrow things down. It HAS to be in Legion content. But with that said I have checked all over Suramar. Every single inch of the city and outside - I thought maybe Felsoul as well. Unless it's also stealthed and I missed it.

Spectral gryphon & raptor aren't as specific sadly... could literally be anywhere. Any jungle/marsh zone & any alliance/dwarf zone. Hopefully the more hunters looking though we'll bump into them soon. If you have a DH it's definitely nice just surveying every inch of a zone slowly with spectral sight. If it's stealthed you'll be able to easily see and target it.

Edit: Also I wanted to check destroyed theramore for spectral gryphon, but apparently I can't access it... Only the old dustwallow marsh is available on ptr. :/ If raptor is anywhere in the marsh that might mess things up too.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Indeed. If it wasn't for it being tagged as her pet, then any place that is fel corrupted would work. And, in this case, we can't go off of the model to determine where it could be. There is no fel version of the new model, so they have to use the old one.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

As I'm hunting for things too, I'm curious if there is an established Petopian guild or chat channel or discord available to link people up? (On PTR)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Anyones more than welcome to use the secrets channel in https://discordapp.com/invite/Y9xuJ7U ; it's for general secret finding, ex. hidden toys, mounts, pets. Been trying to get more of them to help hunt but they always say they're busy. :(

I really have a good feeling about Gorgrond and nagrand for Gon (highmaul has a lot of raptors) but all the zones in WoW are so large it's a chore. Pretty confident it's not in Barrens or Ungoro though... cleared them entirely inch by inch with spectral sight on my DH, unless it's an item interactable only by hunters.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Looks like a new build is in... Animation check, isle 12 please. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Checking :D

Update: Wolfhawks now use ground animations when idle and running. They fly/hover when attacking. Still no death animation.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_030717_162634.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030717_162634.jpg (239.67 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
WoWScrnShot_030717_162642.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030717_162642.jpg (254.4 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

:D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They look a bit odd when attacking. They'll be standing in between attacks, then suddenly start flying and perform an attack before landing again. I know that they have no ground fighting animations, but the animations just don't seem very fluid. Smooth.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Little tip: Once you unlock flying, you can fly with your alts even below 110. This is good if you are flying around trying to unstealth a mob. Lalathin may be flying stealthed, and if like Netherbeak, may be 110. So a level 100 flying around would have a much larger aggro radius for a 110 in stealth. Might help pull it out IF thats how they did the corrupted hippogryph.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Valnaaros wrote:Checking :D

Update: Wolfhawks now use ground animations when idle and running. They fly/hover when attacking. Still no death animation.
That's super exciting news! I really wish /hope this will be done with the gryphons on hippogryphs.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Wain wrote:For the fel hippogryph, I wonder if any Legion areas in really old zones may be the target. Like, there are 3 or more Legion / satyr areas in west and east Ashenvale which would fit the bill perfectly, as well as Felwood just to the north. Those would have been my first choices if I'd had to find a spot for it. Felwood, especially. Then again if they placed a gryphon in Kalimdor they could have placed a hippogryph in EK, I just can't think of where unless Blasted Lands.
What if this hippogryph wanders around the world? That would be interesting making rarer pets even harder to keep it rare. But to compensate it would have a shorter respawn timer than usual.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As we have said many times before, it would make no sense for it to be tagged as Elisande's pet if it is going to be somewhere other than Suramar, Suramar City, or perhaps on the Broken Isles. If it were out in the open on the Broken Isles, it most likely would've been spotted by now.