WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post subject: Smart Phone
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Vek'nilash
This probably sounds crazy to most people, but I'm getting my first smart phone today. :D I was wondering if anyone had any general advice or any apps they found really fun.

Post subject: Re: Smart Phone
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:21 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
I found a few that are fun and free like the Fallout Shelter and ClassicBoy (plays a long list of console games), DraStic (only plays DS games), RetroArch (plays EVERYTHING but you need to mess with files) I use Emuparadise for the ROMs never had a problem with them, there are a few radio apps that are good depending on where you live(I use iHeartRadio), Audible, Netflix, Steam, and Discord. Get a web browser that has AdBlock built in. Anything with "Pixel Dungeon" in the name is going to be a rogue like with classic classes, and ∞ Loop (Infinity Loop) just a calming puzzle game. I also have Exploding Kittens (a card game) and Pocket Mortys (a weird Pokemon-like game :lol: )

I can give you some general advice turn off anything you dont like (somethings can be uninstalled) like my phone came with an NFL app, I dont watch football but I can't uninstall it so I tell it to Force Stop in the settings so it never runs. :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 pm 

Welcome to the smartphone world! I got my first one (a crappy Straighttalk phone from Walmart) this winter and have been enjoying it alot! There's alot of fun apps that I've tried and uninstalled, but some I've kept include a daily paintings app, called DailyArt, and a daily poems app called Poems. The Poems one has ads, but generally they're not too annoying. The paintings one is limited unless you buy it but still quite nice. And I have a virtual potted plant called Viridi.

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Greymane, Rexxar, Staghelm, & Nesingwary
The Disney TsumTsum game (free) can be quite addicting but you'll need to have or create a Line account (also free) in order to play.

I have Robot Unicorn Attack (free) downloaded to my tablet which I enjoy immensely and would recommend.

There's also Zen Koi (free) which I find to be very relaxing and fun to play at times.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:45 pm 

Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
I've enjoyed Zen Koi in the past, haven't tried the latest version of the game.

Neko Atsume is oddly compelling for a game that's about taking pictures of cats visiting your yard and house :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:57 pm 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard
If your phone can handle beefier games, I really like Pokemon Go and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, though the former takes significant data usage and the latter can get stale over time. Still very fun free games, very high quality! Pokemon Go is especially nice as it's had a measurable impact on my drive to go outside and take walks.

As far as not game apps go- Discord is a great messenger app. I also used to make heavy use of Habitica, which is a sort of habit-development game combination that helps you keep track of daily tasks, habits, and to-do lists by rewarding you in a little pixel game. Very useful if you struggle with remembering to get things done! It's certainly one of the most useful apps I've tried. Finally, I like Alarmy a lot as an alarm clock app. I have an iPhone, and the built in alarm is very unreliable and made me miss classes in the past- Alarmy is a lot more customizable and a Lot more reliable.

...That's really it! I honestly don't use a whole lot of apps on my phone. :,D Google maps to get around, Discord to talk, Pokemon Go to keep myself occupied / going outside, and Alarmy to get up in the morning. That's all I've really needed it for.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Vek'nilash
Thanks everyone :D