FD not staying FD'D lol

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

FD not staying FD'D lol

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Anyone else having issues with FD for some reason popping you back up even though you don't move or touch the keyboard at all? I've died twice because of it lol. I literally just FD'd during a wipe and watched my character pop back up within a minute of being FD'd for no apparent reason which is confusing to me. I then promptly died lol
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: FD not staying FD'D lol

Unread post by Rawr »

Some spells make your character do something, like the oatmeal on Wormulon, in cases like that you need to FD your pet, wait till more people are dead, and then Turtle and FD.

EDIT: I just realized how weird that sounds, my guild has a weird names for things, oatmeal = Explosive Corrupton, Wormulon = G'huun :mrgreen:

seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

i used to have an issue with this, but it ended up being an addon that auto summoned a companion pet. any time i would FD it would dismiss and re summon a pet which would cancel my FD.

may not be related at all to your issue, but check your addons for anything that could cause an issue.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

seclipse wrote:i used to have an issue with this, but it ended up being an addon that auto summoned a companion pet. any time i would FD it would dismiss and re summon a pet which would cancel my FD.

may not be related at all to your issue, but check your addons for anything that could cause an issue.
I was going to echo this as well, I had the same problem with my auto-minipet addon, also on my rogue with stealth.

Other than that though I've experienced no FD issues this expansion.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

I have this issue, although mine can be much worse, I'll have times where I stop, no pet and hit FD it goes into cooldown, buuuut my toon never fell over and nothing lost aggro, so I just stand there crying while dying.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

very mildly off-topic, though still related to an aggro-dropping mechanism:

do PvP NPCs automatically see through stealth effects? do they ignore them?
My rogue keeps being seen while stealthed, and the NPCs seem to ignore his "vanish".

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.